Babicz full contact TOM

Discussion in 'Pickups, Electronics & General Tech' started by Zado, Jan 15, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

Has anyone of you had some kind of experience with this apparently nice piece of hardware?

Babicz Full Contact Hardware - With "eCAM" Saddle Technology from Babicz - FCH Tune O Matic Bridge

I was thinkin about doin some upgrades on my Hellraiser.Not that the TOM as ever really let me down,but,you know,additional sustain on higher registers (the G string always pissed me of on upper frets..not sure if bridge's fault there though) and more pick attack are welcome here.It's just expensive enough for me not to buy it without being sure it can be an actual upgrade,instead of a bigger piece of metal in my guitar.

Thanks in advance guys! :fawk:

Zhysick likes this.
  2. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

The price is kinda steep, but I really like the idea of a TOM with individual height adjustment :yesway: looks a lot more comfortable too!

3. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

Looks like fun, but well...they could be a bit more subtle with their branding...

4. desmondtencents

desmondtencents Plays With Wood!

^agree with you on the ridiculous branding.

I suppose you could still use your stock tailpiece, they do list it for sale "without tailpiece" for a small savings.

5. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

Definitely a cool solution for intonation issues with TOMs. But, I don't know if I can live with a crappy logo on my beautiful guitars!

6. stevexc

stevexc Contributor

I like the branding, the bridge design itself is so utterly generic that you can't tell it apart from anything else.

/sarcasm

But seriously, I don't think their stop-bar design is anything more than spartan, so you should be able to use your stock one. I really like the idea of these bridges, and the TOM ones are so much cheaper than the Tele-style ones I had been looking at a while ago... really tempting, tbh.

7. JD27

JD27 ESP Cult Member

Yeah it appears the tailpiece doesn't do anything. Might have to test one of these out.

8. desmondtencents

desmondtencents Plays With Wood!

Yup, looks pretty cool. Inability to adjust individual string heights is the only real complaint I've ever had about TOM's. I've actually been thinking about selling off a couple of TOM equipped axes lately.
    I really like the Ibanez Tight End-R bridge on my RG921 but I don't want to be stuck with super-strat designs either.

9. Zado

Zado SS.org Regular

More than the moving saddles I was interested in the "full contact" thing,they promise it to increase the sustain, the question is about it being a 170€ improvement or something way less appreciable.In a forum I read the bass bridge almost doubled the sustain of a precision bass,but it's quite hard to believe..

10. wakjob

wakjob SS.org Regular

All that high techiness, and they couldn't even throw a couple of set-screws in that tail piece to lock it in place?

11. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

Pretty expensive but interesting design.

12. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

There's also the FR series ;)