B.C. Manhunt, Canada wide search for murder suspects.

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by DiezelMonster, Jul 31, 2019.

1. DiezelMonster

DiezelMonster Complainasaurus Rex

Not sure if anyone here has been following this, but I live in the great white north so it's been a topic here even though it was far out west.

There have been reported *sightings* now in Northern Ontario now,

https://globalnews.ca/news/5703649/...icle&utm_medium=MostPopular&utm_campaign=2014

I live in Southern Ontario, I've felt all along since they started their trek that they may end up here, of course it's only a gut feeling and I have no clue one way or the other.

Anyhow, discuss.

Luafcm and BlackMastodon like this.
  2. BlackMastodon

BlackMastodon \m/ (゚Д゚) \m/ Contributor

Been following along since this started. Don't mean to make snap judgements but as soon as I saw their pictures I guess that it would come out that they'd be "gamers" and "Nazi-affiliated" in some way. They're at least being painted into every stereotype that fits the bill of young adults/teens turned murderers. I feel terrible for the families of the young couple that was first discovered, and the third victim who was a university professor, until we get more info it only seems like they killed at random or on a whim.

Also expected them to come to Ontario, not very surprised they evaded everyone in the north end of the prairies. Curious how this is gonna end and where, hoping they don't kill anyone else before they're caught.

Luafcm and DiezelMonster like this.
  3. DiezelMonster

Still biting my nails here. Not sure what will happen, hope its soon though.

4. InHiding

InHiding SS.org Regular

I think an oligarchy always needs people like these to divert attention.

5. BlackMastodon

Bad opinion is bad.

Edit: Let me put it another way: can we not turn this into a conspiracy discussion on the deep state's machinations on a sleeping population?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    DredFul, Xaios, Drew and 3 others like this.
  6. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal

Apparently they were originally headed for Whitehorse.

I live in Whitehorse.

:squint:

(That they were heading for Whitehorse specifically isn't that surprising given that they're from Vancouver Island. People from the island typically love the Yukon, and vice versa.)

Because the first murders happened on the Alaska highway, we here were all aware of the deaths well before these two nutjobs were connected to it. The prevailing theories at first were that they accidentally stumbled across something to do with drugs, which wouldn't have been surprising given how much gang activity has increased since I moved here 15 years ago. Learned that it wasn't the case a couple days ago when the dots got connected to these who were previously listed as missing at the time.

Considering they seemingly never actually made it to Whitehorse (they went down south by way of the Dease Lake road, which starts near Watson Lake, about 4.5 hours east of Whitehorse), the amount of irrational and downright moronic comments made on every article pertaining to updates to the investigation has been pretty staggering. A whole bunch of people crying "Why haven't they been found yet?" Regardless of whatever you hear on the news, if you have provisions and have made preparations (something which they had ample time to do between when they committed the murders and when they were connected to them by authorities), you absolutely can disappear in places like that.

Of course, my favorites were people yelling "SEND IN THE MILITARY!!" Right, like the Regular Army is going to be some help, or that they would send out squads of CF-18s to fly reconnaissance looking for two teenagers in the Canadian underbrush where it takes more effort to be seen from the air than it does to avoid it. While the Rangers are technically a branch of the Canadian Armed Forces (and probably the only ones with the relevant skills to aid the investigation), I can guarantee that's not what these people were talking about.

DiezelMonster and BlackMastodon like this.
  7. BlackMastodon

Yeah I've never been that far north in Canada but I'm positive that it's easy enough to get lost up there when you don't want to get lost, actually trying to avoid being caught is probably easier than most people realize. I don't remember the exact number but something like 90% of our population lives within a few hundred kilometres of the US-Canada border, so the population density up north is just stupid low.

8. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal

To put it in perspective, the Yukon is a geographical area larger than Germany (a country of about 83 million), and contains only around 40 thousand people. What's more, it is the most densely populated of the northern territories.

9. BlackMastodon

Wise Google tells me that is indeed stupid low.

Xaios and DiezelMonster like this.
  10. DiezelMonster

These guys still have not been caught, there is so much wild speculation going on, anyone been following still?

It's pretty crazy and they are most likely dead, but if they are not they have managed to evade the biggest manhunt in Canadian history!

I only hope they are alive so they can be caught and we can find out what the hell they were doing/thinking.

11. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

12. BlackMastodon

That's the last news I've heard about them, also reported by CBC.

13. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

"The great white North"?

As opposed to what? The poor black South?

Geez, I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice...

DiezelMonster likes this.
  14. DiezelMonster

Lol that's too much man. It's about the snow dude!