AZ 7 Strings are (pobably) on the way

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by ICSvortex, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

None of this is real. It’s fugazi.

2. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

r/selfawarewolves

mlp187 likes this.
  3. Shawn

Shawn ESP • Ibanez Forum MVP

I really like the looks of those. Very classy.

4. Ben Pinkus

Ben Pinkus SS.org Regular

The Martin Miller one looks dece

5. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

can't tell if serious.

aesthyrian, iff, XPT707FX and 3 others like this.
  6. buck fever

buck fever Contributor

It’s gonna take some time for these to grow on me. Obviously it’s totally subjective, but they feel bland and I know those bridges aren’t going to stay in tune.

7. r3tr0sp3ct1v3

r3tr0sp3ct1v3 SS.org Regular

I am so ready for these. I loved my AZ but it needed more strings so I sold it. I have been wanting one of these.

8. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

I really like these! It's like a Kiesel Delos except it actually looks good.

9. r3tr0sp3ct1v3

r3tr0sp3ct1v3 SS.org Regular

But it isn't rad. It doesn't have a unicorndiarheaburst with Kiesel racing green sparkle spirals in it and KTB Oreo burst fretboard bro.

Ibanez just copied their idea because they totally pioneered every guitar model known to man.

/endsarcasm

10. cardinal

cardinal F# Dive Bomber

I've been playing nothing but 8s for a while but that black one is really sweet; tempting.

11. buck fever

buck fever Contributor

12. bzhang9

bzhang9 SS.org Regular

contrary to the Kiesel hate wagon, the Delos is actually the best strat variant out there given the specs, quality, and price point 1/2 that of MIJ AZ, suhr, cutlass, etc

Looks is subjective so can't call a guitar bad for that

premium AZ price point is good for the features, prestige price point is a little high, these are looking at 2200-2500 street for a 7, and you can spec the crap out of a delos or get a basic one for 1/2 the price

mbardu likes this.
  13. Albake21

Except you're forgetting a few things here. Kiesel's pickups are absolute garbage, I will never understand how anyone can get a decent tone out of them. Maybe that's on me, maybe they are for a very narrow sound. Then you have the construction themselves. I have no clue what Kiesel does with their guitars, but after owning 9 Kiesels, I've never been able to get one to not sound dead or harsh no matter the pickups I've swapped in. I've played well over 15 Kiesels and not once have I ever heard any low end chunk from them. Then of course, looks. Whether you like it or not, looks go a long way for most guitars. Kiesel for some reason will never understand that the fine details on a guitar add up quick and can make or break a guitar. Kiesels look like toys to me, no matter what. Even if you find one that looks real good in a picture, the moment you see it in person, it looks like a toy. So personally, I feel the hate towards Kiesel is completely warranted, and I've only scratched the surface by only talking about their guitars.

After all that is said and done though, I do think they are decent for what you pay for. At least, as long as you stay under $2k. Just know what you're getting yourself into is all.

14. cardinal

cardinal F# Dive Bomber

The Delos looks fantastic IMHO. But I'm so much more confident in sending money for an Ibanez Prestige.

15. gunshow86de

gunshow86de Beef Jerky Time

The Delos they posted the other day might be the best looking Kiesel ever. :shrug:

[​IMG]

16. zimbloth

zimbloth Nick // Axe Palace Vendor Forum MVP

Ibanez informed me theres no official release date for these yet, but I think Max's guess of Summer/Fall 2020 is a good one.

_Mick_, pecado, LordHar and 7 others like this.
  17. Albake21

I'll say this, the Delos is one of the best models Kiesel has released, but even still it looks off to me. The body looks.... chunky? Like a strat was just stretched out horizontally (if you were looking at it standing up like the picture above). Again, I'm not trying to shit all over Kiesel, I just think a lot of the hate is fair is all.

StevenC and Masoo2 like this.
  18. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

Why do we always have to play the comparison game?

Can't we just be stoked that a cool guitar is going to now be a cool guitar with 7-strings?

Want a Kiesel? Get a Kiesel. Want a Suhr? Get a Suhr. Want an AZ? Now you can!

The best part of this is they kept it the same guitar, just with another string. They didn't "metal" it all out or fuck with what made the AZs compelling.

I will buy a 24 fret model. I don't care about color. These are basically a locking trem away from a custom Suhr I ordered, so I'll take it.

19. bzhang9

bzhang9 SS.org Regular

This is the definition of bias, looks and tone are both subjective, plenty of people enjoy their design and most owners do not feel the need to replace Kiesel stock pickups, which is much more than most stock pickups like ibanez. Although the hyperions are good.

Objective measures include price, quality, specs. Quality most agree is on par with high end guitars including Ibanez prestige, $1100 base cannot be beat, which already includes SS frets, hipshot hardware, locking tuners.

mbardu likes this.
  20. eggy in a bready

eggy in a bready SS.org Regular

from now on, i'm going to analyze guitars based on where they fall on the Korn compatibility scale. from my research i can conclude the new AZs are very anti-Korn

GRUNTKOR, TimmyPage, SDMFVan and 8 others like this.