AxeFX II Firmware 6.00 is UP

nojyeloot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Augminished

Augminished Studio
Reaction score
I'm at school!!! :scream::scream::scream:

I may have to leave, but I have a final... Fuck it I don't need the credit.

When its done let me know how it is please.

nojyeloot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Haha, THAT sucks.

I just updated, then my 2yr old just woke up before I could tinker (mr mom this afternoon), so I'm in the same boat

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Here are my first impressions.

I already posted in the Q&A thread but what the hell.

Fractal Audio Axe FX II V6 Demo v2 by Praxis111 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

It's a recto patch, nothing fancy involved, I just took one of my old rhythm patches and noodled with the settings a bit. Also the kick's too loud and is ducking the limiter on the master but if you can ignore that you get the idea haha.

The controls actually feel fantastic, theres a new level of tactility and they seem to communicate with each other in a really authentic way. There's also a really great sponginess that comes with bringing up the master that makes it feel really responsive under your fingers.

I haven't even touched 90% of the new stuff, but even the mods Cliff's done on the amps (largely the ones I use by the sounds of it) have brought a whole new world of 'wow' to my axe. I'm one happy customer.

EDIT: Updated my clip, sounds a little fatter now. It's the same recording but the mix was screwed before. Its still kinda screwed now but at least you can hear it a little better.

nojyeloot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
^Couldn't hear it, soundcloud is temporarily down

Only had a small time frame to check it out last night:

• Plexi & AC-30/15 sound killer
  • Really like the new tuner (8 ball feature)
  • Need to tweak my main metal tone (UBER). Was a bit fizzy, but I'm sure I can fix it up
  • Verb and Delay patch to patch spillover acting VERY weird now :/ . Not sure how to fix that. Lots of "wobbling" in and out of patches.

nojyeloot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
^@th3m1ke: Just you wait on that. I'll be on it quite soon.

Here's an elaboration on my problem. I just posted it on the FAS forums:

With 5.07 I set up my spill over settings following this Wicked Wiki's steps under "Across Different Presets" since I use multiple presets paying special attention to "You must use Delay 1 and Delay 1 vs. Delay 1 and Delay 2":
Spillover of reverb/delay trails - Axe-Fx II Wiki

I have two groups of patches. Metal patches (simple: lead and rhythm) and Church/P&W patches (heavy delay/verb). Didn't notice any issues with my Metal patches, but definitely did with my Church patches.

When I would switch between patches with my Church patches my AxeFX II would almost make a hiccup/burping sound (I assume it's translating the delay spillover) trying to "gather its wits" going between patches it would take about a second to fully switch over and there's a spike in volume. Again, these EXACT patches worked TOTALLY fine before I upgraded to 6.00.

So, in attempt to remedy, I turned the spillover feature OFF in the global options. Still have the same problem. So, I then tried to strategically change the appropriate delays 1/2 to conflict (opposite between certain patches) to see if they would NOT spill over/hiccup/burp, but it still has the same problem. Haven't had any more time to try and tinker, but I will be tonight.

Any Ideas?

Hirschberger

Gear Junkie
Reaction score
YES! So stoked for to go home and try 6.0 out. Oh wait, I can't, because my guitar is terrible and is in the shop for repairs. For a week.

Oh god I don't think I can wait a week for this.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I wanna hear you kids try some tonematching! I heard a few JP clips that were SPOT on.

Will likely do one with Orion from metallica using the IIC+ bright and 4x12 Cali cab. Basic patch is ready I must setup the tonematch now.
Edit

Done it, it's a quickie but the general idea is there. I onlu had the stero track from youtube so I included everything for reference:
1) my patch
2) the tonematch patch
3) the original guitar file

The match is noticeably more bassy but the tone is there, I think with a few tweaks and actually knowing what the fuck I'm doing the result can be quite awesome.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11598115

nojyeloot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

That isn't an excuse!

:lol:

Rick+Allen+Def+Leppard.jpg

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Here are my first impressions.

I already posted in the Q&A thread but what the hell.

Fractal Audio Axe FX II V6 Demo v2 by Praxis111 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

It's a recto patch, nothing fancy involved, I just took one of my old rhythm patches and noodled with the settings a bit. Also the kick's too loud and is ducking the limiter on the master but if you can ignore that you get the idea haha.

The controls actually feel fantastic, theres a new level of tactility and they seem to communicate with each other in a really authentic way. There's also a really great sponginess that comes with bringing up the master that makes it feel really responsive under your fingers.

I haven't even touched 90% of the new stuff, but even the mods Cliff's done on the amps (largely the ones I use by the sounds of it) have brought a whole new world of 'wow' to my axe. I'm one happy customer.

EDIT: Updated my clip, sounds a little fatter now. It's the same recording but the mix was screwed before. Its still kinda screwed now but at least you can hear it a little better.

Wow that sounds fantastic man! I updated my firmware (also a note for everyone else, make sure you update the BANKS as well, or all previous stock patches will sound like shit :lol:) but I'm still pretty sick and have a headache as well so I haven't tried messing with it much. Any chance you would be willing to share that patch? :wub: It sounds killer! :D

nojyeloot

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
^Just now heard it too and it's so nice and thick. Delicious.

Also hook me up with that patch/IR if you would :cool:

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Haha, inbox me your email addresses guys, I don't mind sharing the love :)

When you get it, if you're running a mono setup to play it'll sound weird because the cabs are panned left and right so I can track and mix them separately. I haven't set up a live patch with them blended yet.