AXE FX-III

laxu

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

Probably until they run into firmware space and processing power limitations. Most likely is that for quite a while you will only see Axe-Fx 3 updates, depends if there are dedicated firmware programmers for handling the Axe-Fx 2/AX8 updating.

If you have a 2 or are planning to buy one then just get it and enjoy it. It sounds fantastic at the moment. It really doesn't matter if the next gen product sounds even better in a year, the 2 will keep sounding just as great as it does today.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
http://shop.fractalaudio.com/Axe_Fx_II_XL_Preamp_Effects_Processor_p/fas-020.htm

XL+ marked down to $1699 new for close out w/ one year warranty.

Zed0TuQ.gif

Andrew Lloyd Webber

Super Duper Moduraturr
Reaction score
“There are no returns on close-out merchandise.”

Speaking as someone who purchased a unit during the previous sale - fully intending to return it if it failed to impress me - I don’t feel slighted by the clearance price. Nobody without that kind of disposable income should be buying these toys, anyway.

If that number is as low as Cliff’s profit margins can allow without room for return-shipping costs, then I have a hunch it will be fewer than four years before I snag a used III for that price.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
people are still trying to sell ax8s for like 1500...they've been 1199 on the website since november.

What's the availability like now? I remember even some months ago them going in and out of stock almost daily. I can see asking for more if there is an availability issue.

diagrammatiks

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
What's the availability like now? I remember even some months ago them going in and out of stock almost daily. I can see asking for more if there is an availability issue.

1099. no way to verify but the website says in stock.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I'll probably sell my axe II at some point, as I did my axe standard, but I certainly won't try do do it at the same time as everybody else, that's the worst time ever to do so. Proces will go up again when all that's available new is 3K5.

Mullet

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Had some comms with Sussi at G66 earlier... they (AXE FX 2 XL+) are now coming in at 1800 GBP ish, but their default “package” includes the 3 yr warranty. I’m seriously tempted as the AXE 3 is well out of my price range!

ZombieLloyd

Not one 7 string
Reaction score
Had some comms with Sussi at G66 earlier... they (AXE FX 2 XL+) are now coming in at 1800 GBP ish, but their default “package” includes the 3 yr warranty. I’m seriously tempted as the AXE 3 is well out of my price range!
Oh, that's interesting. I've been considering finally getting an Axe FX, maybe saving up for the 3 but I'd gladly save up for the Axe 2 if it's still in stock by the time I can afford it.

ZombieLloyd

Not one 7 string
Reaction score

Someone just uploaded a video of the Axe FX III versus the Kemper. Some tones I prefer the Axe FX, some tones I prefer the Kemper. I'd say they're both still pretty good.

lewstherin006

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Since the SNAX III is a waste of time, I did an unboxing and I played through some of the patches when I got mine. Feel free curse me out and tell me to stop doing youtube videos in the comments

Latest posts