Arrgh! (Ibanez rant)

Discussion in 'Sevenstring Guitars' started by Mecki213, Jan 25, 2005.

1. jim777

jim777 Seen all good people Forum MVP

I'd like a nice 7 string 335 with an ebony board...like an Ibanez AS200 or something.... And I'd love to try a JP7 with a piezo, that must be a mighty instrument. Do any of the major chains carry EBMM? I don't remember the last time I saw one in a store

2. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

I've seen plenty of 6 JP's in GC's, but not a seven as of yet.

Personally, I could care less how many strings everyone else is playing- I just prefer the wider neck and the expanded range. I think the whole world'd be better off if we all did play sevens. And the used market is pretty good now, but give it ten years- how good will it be when the only sevens available, aside from one or two new models, are all ten-twenty year old ibanezes with the sort of wear and tear you expect from guitars that old? I mean, that's one of the things I love about my UV, but if that's all you COULD get, then I'd start to get really paranoid about it- right now, it's replaceable., In ten years, it might not be.

-D

3. Jeff

Jeff Banned from Reality

I am really frustrated with Ibanez right now. I have an RG1527, which I bought because:

A. I like Ibanez. I have three hardtail Ibanezes that I love.
    B. There's no hardtail MIJ Ibanez, so I had to buy the 1527. I didn't want to order overseas, I am too paranoid.

So, even though I hate, I repeat hate trems, I bought it. It's now for sale on Ebay. I just can't live with it. It plays nice. It sounds nice. But I should have known better than to get a trem guitar. But because Ibanez refuses to import a guitar they already make for other markets, I bought it anyway.

Dumb. It's not like the Edge Pro is bad. By floating bridge standards, it's really stable. I just hate trems.

So I am selling it, taking a hit, and getting a Carvin, where I have choices.

4. Metal Ken

Metal Ken Hates the Air Contributor

The reason why they stopped offering options was cause they didnt sell. THats why the killed the RG2027X.there's an article about it one the jemsite forum from a few years back. As far as a no trem 7, Ibanez's RG15271 can be imported from Ishibashi Music...

5. jim777

If you love the neck on your 1527, you could get a new bridge and body fairly cheaply I would think, and get a few bucks back for the body when you sell it. Just a thought. I love the neck on my 7620, so I'm building around it ;-)

jim

6. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

You could probably get more for that bridge than the body- the Edge Pro is still pretty scarce on the aftermarket right now... Go custom! ;)

-D

7. Jeff

Jeff Banned from Reality

These people on Ebay f'ing piss me off. The guitar has been played a total of 3 times. It's been set up. It comes with the UV1000C case. I list it for BIN $600, with a starting bid of $550.

This guy e-mails me and wants to pay way less, and have me drive 2 hours to deliver it because he doesn't want to pay shipping. For a guitar I got last month, for a guitar that new is selling (without the case) for $750 to $825.

If you don't want to pay the minimum bid, fine, don't buy it. But don't f'ing insult me.

Sorry, just venting. It's really a huge pet peeve of mine with people on Ebay.

EDIT

He's an occasional user here too. Oh well, just being honest. It's irritating.

8. Digital Black

Digital Black SS.org Regular

Is it Waynecusatom7?...

9. Jeff

Jeff Banned from Reality

No. Someone who seems to only post in the Buy and Sell area. Anyway, he told me it was too much, because he wanted to resell it, that he wasn't intending upon keeping it. Nice.

I am selling it so I can buy a Carvin 7, not so I can make a profit. That's why I am trying to get as much as possible.

Whatever, I'm over it.

10. jim777

550 is a pretty good price for that guitar with case, but they were selling in January for 599 all over the 'net as Ibanez was blowing them out. You should be able to get your price in a month or so.

11. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

pall falls down? Seems like the e-bay type to me... ;)

I refuse to use e-bay. Absolutely refuse. I don't like the company, I don't like paypal (now that it's basically an e-bay protectorate) and I don't like most of the people on it. I remember I posted my 7620 here and a bunch of people kept saying "you could put it on e-bay" (idea being they wanted it for less than I was asking), and I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

-D

12. No Soul

No Soul bringer of mosh

I barely have any business on a 7. Actually I shouldnt be allowed to play any guitar period.

But if everybody jumped to 7's, thus making 8 strings the "elite" thing to do, Id say fuckitall and go the opposite direction with a custom made 5 string ;)

less is more

13. Metal Ken

When i said it, i had no intention of buying it. I just suggested it cause thats what i do when i sell guitars, lol. Ad here, ad at jemsite & one on ebay.

14. jim777

I've got no problems with eBay. It's infested with sharks and morons, but so is Manhattan, so it feels like home ;-) My brother got an Ibanez FA-100 there yesterday for $560 (that's a Gibson ES-175 copy that'll blow away any 175). I may drop a grand on a Heritage 535 there today myself.
    This is what you need to know to not lose your mind on eBay: What you can get for something on eBay is what it's worth to the rest of the world at the moment your auction closes; what it's worth to you, or what it might be worth in a month or what it was worth a month ago are irrelevant. You need to use that to your advantage. Sometimes the best time to sell something is two months from now, sometimes, it's two months ago. LOL, eBay requires peace of mind!

15. WayneCustom7

WayneCustom7 Paolo Contributor

If it wasn't for Ebay, I wouldn't have ANY of the equipment I have now...where the hell would I get a BRAND NEW USA Washburn 7 string, here in bumfucksville Canada, for under 600.00 US, or a BRAND NEW Hughes and Kettner Warp 7 2112 for under 250.00 US, or my Custom Wayne 7, or all of my Ernie Balls...shit no where, never...you have to be patient with Ebay, set yourself a price, and just wait, it will come. Sure there's alot of crap and you need to be wise, but I feel safer buying on Ebay than I would any old pawn shop, used music store, or even the shark infested NEW music stores, that's where you get cornholed :D

16. Jeff

Jeff Banned from Reality

If it doesn't go now, I'll just order the Carvin on my MC and wait a bit to sell the RG. I must have the Carvin. It will be cool. I can put Graphtech Ghost stuff on there (just not the hexpander, unfortunately).

17. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

There's also your budding UV collection as a good reason to pass- frankly, I might not have let you buy it, just so I wouldn't deprive myself of the next batch of pictures you'd post otherwise. ;)

Hmm. Think it was probably just the fact that while I was listing it here, someone posted in the thread for the UV I eventually bought saying, "Also, would you consider e-baying it?" which sorta put a bad taste in my mouth- that's just tacky.

Anyway, sorry if it seemed like I was gunning for you, bro, definitely didn't mean to. :)

-D

18. jim777

eBay's listing fee is going up to 8% from 3% on Feb 18th, a friend of mine tells me....So, sell it now if you've got it I guess. Anyone want a cheap AX7521? ;)

19. Metal Ken

No worries lol. Speaking of the Universe collection, my manager ordered me a 2005 UV777PBK w/ the 5 piece neck. I had to take the S7420 off layaway at another store, so i could get the Uni.. Its gonna be nice to be able to layaway a Universe finally.. lol And of course, pics will come about, as soon as i get it(Since i work at the store, i can lay it away and take it home :D :D)
    He's also ordering for the store, some Acoustic 7 strings. i was like "I KNOW WHY YOU'RE DOING THIS! You're trying to tempt me, damnit!". That and they figure they can safely order anything 7 string now, cause if no one else buys it, they know i will eventually.

20. YYZ2112

YYZ2112 Um, yeah..... Contributor

I can't agree more!! What the hell were they thinking with that magenta color? I could see if this guitar came out in the 80's with all the glam metal stuff but my 7420 came out in 2000 and it has this awful color.