Aristides Guitars

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by jco5055, Jun 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Reet

Reet SS.org Regular

Just got this other day! I'm honeymoon phase for sure, but man does it play well. Everything about it just makes sense. I've had a 070, (which i loved) a Vader 7 and one of the older Boden OS7's. This is by far the nicest of the bunch and everything about it just makes sense. Anyone on the fence(or with concerns or questions) feel free to ask away. I'll try my best to be transparent and honest. 16188499546972401720440374754165.jpg

Restarted, CW7, narad and 15 others like this.
  2. Avedas

Avedas SS.org Regular

How the 12-16 compound radius on a 7?

3. Reet

Reet SS.org Regular

Truthfully i'm not super sensitive to radius. I've also had quite a few 7's before this with 12-16 boards so for me this feels pretty home. I'd say it feels more flat and bends are great. 7th and bigger chords in most positions arent an issue at all.

Avedas likes this.
  4. EchelonXIII

EchelonXIII SS.org Regular

Lovely guitar dude.
    How are the Black Heavens treating you in terms of cleans/versatility? I'm looking at a set as well for my build

Also, I have a question regarding the future-proof-ness and interchangability of the headless line. Ari's use a quite specific 1.1" slant that as far as I can tell is highly specific to the brand. If one would want to swap out pickups for a different set, would the owner have to go through Aristides to get a new set built? Or would a Lundgren or BKP be capable of making this to a customers demand?

5. Reet

Reet SS.org Regular

So far i'm enjoying them! They're very clear and touch responsive. I've seen some people say they're dark but for me they seem more on the bright side. Not harsh but they won't have an issue cutting through a dense mix. The bridge is medium hot output wise and has a nice tight lowend. To sum up the bridge: great string seperation, plenty of pleasant cutting highend and tight lows all while not being to overcompressed or saturated. The neck pickup is very 'liquidy' sounds super nice. Has a great chime on clean tones and sings on leads. To me its more of a modern scooped lead sound. Which i love because i push mids on my lead tones so this helps it not get to honky and weird. I also really enjoy the split sounds for both! Cleans are great and super dynamic and sensitive to volume knob positon.

Far as i know BKP's and Lundgren could most likely make you the pickups you wanted via custom baseplates. If i were you personally i'd hit up Brandon @ Aristides and ask him. I imagine you could go through them to make it more painless. (Or at the least get some direction)

6. brandonwall

brandonwall SS.org Regular

I agree with this review of the Black Heavens. I think a lot of people call them "dark" just because they've got more bass response than the M Series and they're not quite as hot.

@EchelonXIII -- you can absolutely order replacement pickups directly through BKP or Lundgren. Not a problem whatsoever!

Reet likes this.
  7. Stuck_in_a_dream

Stuck_in_a_dream SS.org Regular

Nothing special or anything, just an aweeeesome looking yellow H/08 w/ trem. I saw this today in my progress photos folder and my heart skipped like 10 beats, should I go to the ER? :D
    [​IMG]

8. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

banana banana

9. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

I want one of those h/08s with trem so bad! One of you needs to buy one and decide you want to sell it. I’m still too gun shy to order a custom.

OmegaSlayer, spudmunkey and StevenC like this.
  10. brandonwall

Twin club! <3

Stuck_in_a_dream likes this.
  11. SpaceDock

SpaceDock Shred till your dead

@brandonwall Do you guys ever do “in stock” guitars anymore? I used to see lots of basic models on Reverb but not in the last year. Maybe playing catch-up?

12. brandonwall

Good question! We do have in-stocks from time to time, but production demands have been so high for the past 8-9 months or so that we haven't had extra production slots to utilize. I think we'll probably have a couple in the near future (within three months or so), but if memory serves me correctly, it's one or two 060/060S builds and one or two 070S builds.

SpaceDock likes this.
  13. Supernaut

Supernaut SS.org Regular

Congrats on your guitar man! That is freaking awesome, and nice colour too. It's looking like the H/06 is going to be my bucket list guitar now. I've got a Vader V6 and I love it but the urge to keep buying headless guitars is growing in me....

14. Reet

Reet SS.org Regular

Thanks so much! I had a Vader also and really enjoyed it! Good guitars for the money no doubt. I love the lightweight of the headless. Its nice to play for awhile without the need for back surgery instantly after lol.

15. EchelonXIII

EchelonXIII SS.org Regular

I'm on the fence of getting either an 060 or H/0 with a Lilac Marble Satin finish. Blonde board, chrome hardware. This guitar would go in E or D standard, depending on the mood but I'm really doubting if I need the multiscale or not. Covered pickups also look really good on a guitar like this.

16. CW7

CW7 SS.org Regular

For the curious, here’s my latest addition to the Arium family. This build concept started for me in 2016. And to see it come to fruition EXACTLY as I had envisioned is nothing short of leaving me speechless. The execution is FLAWLESS in every category. If you’re on the fence on Aristides headless, don’t be. These are LEGIT.

17. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

damn dude, that looks great! I love the colors.

CW7 likes this.
  18. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

That's cool, reminds me of Mirror's Edge.

bmth4111 and CW7 like this.
  19. narad

narad Progressive metal and politics

Has anyone routed their Aristides for an extra pickup? Curious if it's possible, or requires special care. I thought the pickup routes are done after the body comes out of the mold so it must be fairly general?

20. darkinners

darkinners my fingers are lame

I haven't done that but I imagine it would expose the Arium core. So probably not ideal. Maybe @brandonwall can chime in.

brandonwall likes this.