Aristides Guitars

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by jco5055, Jun 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. brandonwall

brandonwall SS.org Regular

We haven't received the official specs on the weight difference so I can't speak that intelligently yet, but one of the other advantages versus aluminum is just going to be long, long-term durability. As of right now, I don't believe Hipshot (our other primary hardware partner) offers any titanium parts, but it's definitely something we'll be exploring more in the future.

jym likes this.
  2. jephjacques

jephjacques BUTTS LOL

Titanium is going to be lighter for sure, but I don't know if it will be that noticeable on a guitar. People say it sounds "brighter" and "has more sustain" than steel but I think a lot of that is psychosomatic due to it being a Fancier Metal

Jonathan20022 and jym like this.
  3. jym

jym SS.org Regular

Yea I’d be interested in weight difference as a percentage of total guitar weight.

4. brandonwall

Honestly, I don't see the difference in hardware making a substantial change in the overall weight. There will indeed be some weight reduction, but the hardware itself doesn't make up anywhere close to a majority of the overall weight if I had to make a guess.

jym likes this.
  5. TimSE

TimSE Contributor

Pretty sure this hasn't been posted here yet

Chris Bowsman, Wildebeest and dbrozz like this.
  6. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire thy fart is murder

His tone sounds like ass and I say that even as big fan of his. Sergio's demo was better tbh

Masoo2, Restarted and SpaceDock like this.
  7. TimSE

TimSE Contributor

It could be better, yeah. Very much a mix focused tone for sure and would be nice with a bit more balls in the low end.

8. Restarted

Restarted SS.org Regular

I would probably watch his stream, or at least more of his youtube videos, if his tone didn't always sound horrible in them. It's like he's using presets that were meant for a full mix, on double-tracked guitars, for playing solo. I really like Trivium's guitar tone, so it's weird hearing that on his stream.

That said, this one sounded way better than older ones I've heard. Doesn't compare to Sergio's though. Holy crap that one was good.

9. TheUnvanquished

TheUnvanquished SS.org Regular

So my Aristides 060sr's volume pot just crapped out on me the other day. In other words, I get no signal even with the volume rolled all the way up, and yes I've used the same rig with different guitars, its the 060sr. I received the guitar in 2019. I have a shop I can take it to, but this is a 3000 dollar instrument. For anything to break this soon feels premature. All I can see to do is to pay my tech to fix it. Is there any other course of action I could take that I'm not seeing?

Anyway, I'm not bashing Aristides. I love this guitar too, so save all the fanboy hate for someone else. Thanks, and also thanks for any constructive thoughts!

10. brandonwall

First off, sorry to hear that you're having an issue with the pot. We use some pretty nice pots, but it issues definitely can happen. Second, if you'll shoot me your address, we'll get you another one in the mail.

TheUnvanquished likes this.
  11. TheUnvanquished

Thanks for the condolences. I definitely remember getting great Customer Service throughout the ordering process. Thanks for upholding that. It means a lot.

Can I send you a message to the e-mail address listed on the Aristides website, you know, where the order form is? That is you, I'm assuming.

brandonwall likes this.
  12. brandonwall

Yep! Absolutely, dude. I'm off to bed, but I'll get back with you in the morning.

13. TheUnvanquished

Sounds great. Appreciate it a bunch!

brandonwall likes this.
  14. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

I only checked a few random parts but sounds like when someone isn't used to Lundgrens. He's always been an active guy right? Lundgrens respond so differently to most other pickup brands, they can get harsh and unpleasant so easily if you aren't super precise, any micro mistake jumps out where on actives they don't. And of course you can't just bring up presets for other guitars when using amp simulators. That never works well.

15. brandonwall

And those Lundgrens are M7s on top of that.

16. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire thy fart is murder

It's not the lundgrens that are the issue (I have M7s in my 070 and they're great), it's that he didn't bother to tweak his sound to let the guitar shine. It's just an overly trebly anemic squawky mess. His stream tones are never great tbh.
    Plus he uses fluences which are just as clear/precise as the M7s ime. No excuses there.

Flappydoodle likes this.
  17. Flappydoodle

Flappydoodle SS.org Regular

He’s using a boosted 5150 into a mic’d V30 in an isolation box. His tone never sounds great, even with his own signature guitars. And obviously this example was particularly terrible.

18. TheUnvanquished

Got my care package in the mail, as promised by @brandonwall. It came in a Nintendo switch pro controller box. Awesome. +1 point for that. Haha.

He sent this my way because the volume pot on my 060sr seems to have died on me. Again, awesome customer service from Aristides. Bravo.

Here it is:

Aristides care package contents.jpg

I also love the goofy as hell picture of Pascal on the string pack. This was just all around great. Thanks a bunch bro!

19. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

I thought that was a NAMM pass for a sec and said “well this is the point of no return if NAMM goes ahead”.

20. TheInvisibleHand

TheInvisibleHand SS.org Regular

I've never played on an Aristides, but I am wondering how the depth of the body compares to an Ibanez S series? When I look at an 060 I am very much reminded of the S, and would be very likely to try one if they were relatively thin as well.