Aristides Guitars

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by jco5055, Jun 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Uh, oh. I like them heavy. Please don't change it, or at least please still offer what you currently have. I'm getting worried now : ) I like 9lbs guitars.
    - I had a question though. Can you guys use pickups like EMG and Fishmans / Blackuts that are that big soapbar style without the ear tabs? You know the one's that are just a rectangle shape route. I didn't see any in the gallery like that and currently use 707's which aren't available in that "normal" style and may also try the Fluence Steph set too.
    Thanks for the input.

2. prlgmnr

prlgmnr ...that kind of idea

What's the fingerboard made of on that fretless?

3. Albake21

Albake21 "Just get a used Ibanez Prestige."

They posted on IG that it was stainless steel.

odibrom and brandonwall like this.
  4. brandonwall

brandonwall SS.org Regular

Noted. I'll put rocks in the control cavity of your he-llishly awesome first order.

Albake21 nailed it. I need to make it a point to visit Scott and try that guitar out...

Solodini, c7spheres and Albake21 like this.
  5. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

haha : ) I'm watching the factory tour video on YouTube. What a great process. Now that I know there's custom inlays too, I'm getting ideas I should deny myself, but can't. I need to save more money for what I got in mind. Once I get closer I'll be asking more questions for sure. These are looking better every time I see them. I'm gonna have to sell some stuff now to step up the cashflow.

brandonwall likes this.
  6. brandonwall

I feel like I keep repeating this, but I mean it with all sincerity: we absolutely appreciate your compliments. A lot of custom options aren't currently listed on our website, such as custom inlays, because of the need for us to accurately vet and price those on the front end, but they're certainly possible. As always, if you have crazy ideas, feel free to contact us via email or Facebook. I personally love pestering Pascal until he gives in on crazy ideas. ;)

odibrom and c7spheres like this.
  7. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Thanks, I'll be in contact about the specifics after I get closer to the cash goal. I know I'm not in that area quite yet, but I will be in touch about it.
    -On a side note I'm curious about, Is there any type of warranty or guarantee in the odd case something goes wrong? I doubt something like this happens very often, but as a new type of production material and process it's difficult to say how the test of time will fair with this. Stuff like glues/epoxys can give way over time or maybe a delamination can occur etc. I use to own an original Parker Fly Deluxe around 1994 maybe?, it was the future of guitars. It turned out years later there were issues with fret epoxy giving out and frets falling off etc. and when the bridge screws stripped it was a massive ordeal for the company which eventually led to the elimination of that version of that guitar etc. I just get a little worried about stuff I don't know about and think some type of warranty seems like a piece of mind or at least to know things like a trem screw stripping out or something like that can at least be repaired somehow. To be clear and resectfully, I don't have any doubt in the product but more of an unkown about the ability for the guitars to be repaired etc. Any info you can offer in regards to that would be reassuring. In the meantime I'll be working on figuring out what I'm going to sell off to raise my cash flow : )

8. brandonwall

That's a totally fair question! We don't really have an official warranty at the moment. That being said, we absolutely stand behind our work, and in my time with the company, I've never seen the need for us to do any sort of warranty work. In my time with the company, I've had one customer complaint regarding fret height and just to avoid any issues with shipping charges and customs fees, we elected to offer to pay for a fret leveling at a local luthier. The customer didn't take us up on the offer.

In terms of longer term support, I feel like our guitars have done a good job of withstanding the test of time with regard to durability. I've got a pre-Richlite 010 and 020 that look, feel, and play just as good as our current offerings. Most luthiers should be able to perform any sort of necessary repairs or maintenance that you need. Just be selective in your choice of luthier, as I saw pictures from one who used the wrong length of screw when replacing a pickup and drilled it through the body, and you should be perfectly fine.

c7spheres likes this.
  9. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Good to know. I'm curious though if the Arium responds well to expoxy's and stuff in case that needs to happen. Most luthiers probably have no idea how to work with Arium. I guess my concern is that If a trem post or something gets loose and has to be repaired or replaced if that's actually repairable or not. I'm curious if any testing or experimenting has been done in regards to this. It just seems inevitable that eventually something's got to giveout. I figure a common thing would be from a trem post getting loose then needing to be refitted or something. Just curious. Thanks again for your responces. I really apprefciate it.

10. brandonwall

Great thoughts! No need for thanks, my friend. Happy to help when and where I can.

I haven't personally dove into the details of some of the repair scenarios that I've heard about, but they all arose from physical damage being caused to the guitar. I've never heard of a trem post needing repair or anything that would require a significant repair to the body. I've had two of my Aristides take a tumble and the damage was limited to a small knick in a tuner from one and a barely noticeable mark on the top of a Richlite fretboard from another that crashed down into a volume pedal.

c7spheres likes this.
  11. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Good to know. If I could give an example of things that happend to me in the past with a wood guitar I had. It's actually happend a twice over the years. I had the trem post height screw's collar actually snap off while adjusting it and was left with a broken screw in my guitar. Upon removeingthe trem the screw still couldn't be removed as it somehow was cross threaded in there. I took it to a luthier and he tried drilling it out but couldn't so he had to replace the trem post anchors in the body of the guitar. The first time this happened it went pretty smooth and they just pulled it out and put a new one in, The sencond time it happened they had to drill through the back of the guitar, punch it out, fill the hoel with a dowel rod, redrill etc. This is something that in my own paranoia fear might happen again and just wonder if that's something replaceable on this guitar if there were some type of corss threading to happend o a tremp stud, or a similar situation. In this case it wouldn't have naything to do with the guitar so much as a problem with hardware, but it does happen. Don't want to press you to hard for info or consume to much of your time, but any insight is appreciated on anything that may have been done or experimented on with this material and how it holds up to these sort of oddball situations.

12. brandonwall

Totally understandable. Let me ask around and see what I can find regarding aftermarket repairs that have been done!

Solodini, c7spheres and Thaeon like this.
  13. bmth4111

bmth4111 SS.org Regular

Hopefully a true modular mold system would come on the future!
    So new body's and necks can be interchanged.

I am currently dying to buy a aristides but want to wait until the unveiling of the new products/options at namm. I want to pull the trigger but if a 25.5 scale option drops after I order a 070r I will loose it hahah.

The raw black is just absolute sex. :shred:

c7spheres likes this.
  14. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

My dad use to work in the injection modeling indusry. I asked him about this and he said that it all depends on the plastics used if they are able to be repaired properly, He also said there's usually something to fix just about anything. There's some type of plastic welding or something that you can literally inject into holes and sruff and it wll bond with ceratin plastics. It's not an epoxy or glue, it's an actual liquid plastic formulated to bond and repair another type of plastic. Apparently it's not just liquid plastic of the same plastics used but a special formula for binding with an already set and molded plastic that is chemically made to bond to that specific formula. Some type of chemistry stuff beyond me for sure, but it is promising that this is usually possible.
    - I'm still saving for an Aristides at this point, but I'm still exceited to see what this new stuff is going to be too. Labrynth is a great movie btw.

bmth4111 likes this.
  15. brandonwall

If your interest is mostly in 7's, our NAMM unveilings may not be up your alley. We spoiled a few things for our owners group today, but the biggest unveilings at NAMM will be related to expanded hardware offerings and a new model that will only be a 6-string model at launch.

bmth4111 likes this.
  16. TheUnvanquished

TheUnvanquished SS.org Regular

^^^Owners group? I own an Aristides 060sr, and would like to see this arium-tele you speak of :) Before my guitar came Pascal mentioned a group on facebook or something. Is that what you mean? I don't facebook. I refuse to, really. Is there anyway I can see a pic of this new model? By the way, I never did a new guitar day for my 060 here on SS.org. Perhaps I should, but here she is in all her glory right before she got to me...

AXE.jpg

iamaom, Nlelith, The906 and 1 other person like this.
  17. brandonwall

First of all, that 060RS is amazing! I have one in the same color in Drop B, and it's so much fun to play. Yours is absolutely sick with the fretboard that's almost blank!

Second, the owners group, Arium Addicts, is a Facebook group that is a partnership between the community and the company. A lot of our early announcements/leaks/spoilers come out there first given that the group is comprised of Aristides owners. I totally get the aversion to Facebook. That's one of the reasons I'm trying to remain active here given that it seems like there's a significant presence on SSO.

I can't leak pics of the new model yet. ;) I'll say this much: if you're looking for something inspired by classic electric guitars, it could be up your alley.

18. TheUnvanquished

TheUnvanquished SS.org Regular

Okay, okay. Sounds good. I guess I can be patient. I'm thinking standard scale, martian rust paint, maybe some single coil pups for the next one. I told Pascal I'll be ordering again, but after the new stuff is out. Just in case any of the new options, or the new model speak to me. Plus it gives me time to save up some more money.

brandonwall likes this.
  19. I play music

I play music SS.org Regular

Even if you have Facebook, they make you explain how you can contribute to the group or they don't even let you in. Like if potentially throwing a lot of my money at them was not enough to let me see upcoming models :noplease:

narad likes this.
  20. brandonwall

Hey, dude! I definitely apologize if you've had a difficult time joining Arium Addicts. The founders made a decision to only allow owners into the group, and I can respect and understand the decision. As such, we try to share information about upcoming models, finishes, hardware additions, etc. in that group before the general public as a way of thanking folks for their patronage. Once we've given our owners a heads up, we then like to share the information on our official Facebook page and Instagram.

All of that being said, shoot me a PM if you own an Aristides and need an invite to Arium Addicts. I'll be happy to do it!

Velokki likes this.