Aristides Guitars

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by jco5055, Jun 21, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Avedas

Avedas SS.org Regular

2. diagrammatiks

diagrammatiks SS.org Regular

Those teases. Hopefully I’m not waiting 5 years for the multiscale.

jco5055 and @zwen like this.
  3. jco5055

jco5055 SS.org Regular

Also did confirm there would be R models from the get go, and also have a trem. I wish I knew when this is coming out, because I've always been a 1 guitar guy but I may have to just get a solid used Ibanez or something so I could sell my 070 and have the $$$ (or close to it) to get the headless. Unless I get lucky and get a noticeably higher paying job when it comes out haha.

4. diagrammatiks

That's assuming they don't charge a premium for the headless.

I just need multiscale. Please just launch with multiscale. Don't be like before where the first seven string comes out like 4 years after launch and the multiscale is 5 years after that.

Puhlease.

LeviathanKiller and jco5055 like this.
  5. jco5055

jco5055 SS.org Regular

I feel like they would start out with a multiscale, just because those who want a headless usually know about/want a multiscale also.

Oh and I forgot to mention that during this big post about a headless model it was also confirmed it would very likely be the same price as a regular model, so no premium there.

I know it's never a good thing to be taking pre-orders before you know you can make the guitar but damn Aristides is the one company I'd feel safe doing so.

6. diagrammatiks

It's easier for them because all the retooling is in the mold. If they have the mold then they can make the guitar.

jco5055 likes this.
  7. axxessdenied

axxessdenied Arium Addict

There's a lot more to it than just making the mold. there's a lot of 3d modelling involved as well that takes quite a bit of time to get right for production.

cwhitey2 and jco5055 like this.
  8. diagrammatiks

That's still mostly making the mold and making sure it functions.
    I never said it's easy. But the majority of the work is front loaded in the design and mold production process.

I think it's just a difference in meaning right. If Aristides say they have the mold ready and can take orders it means they can start making the guitar.

Like if abasi has a prototype ready they have fuck all

9. axxessdenied

Well there is a lot involved with the internal construction of these guitars as well. the modelling they do is more than just making a mold. I've had a chance to take a tour of their old factory and there is a lot more to making these guitars as awesome as they are then you might realize.

10. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Pointy Gang™

oooh if they are making a headless in the next few years then I guess I can quit lusting after a 070s.

11. diagrammatiks

I think there's a communication error man. I know exactly who they are made.

All I'm saying is that if Aristides says they have the mold ready and are ready to build the guitars then they've already done a ton of work and preparation. If they say they are ready then they are definitely ready.

A normal guitar can have a prototype built with basically no actual work put into putting the guitar into production in a timely manner.

12. Thaeon

Thaeon Cosmic Question Asker

Exactly. With a molded instrument, the whole design is done in AutoCAD. Basic mold pops out, and you're adding a fretboard, electronics, hardware, paint, etc. To use the example you used above, Abasi comes out with a prototype, simply means they settled on a design from a series of hand made designs. They have to then go program a CNC and build an AutoCAD design based on the guitar. Often by using lasers in a CNC to scan it for basic measurements.

13. brandonwall

brandonwall SS.org Regular

Hey guys,

Aristides employee here, and I think there are some great discussions going on. Let me throw out some things that have been discussed almost exclusively on Facebook (that's our primary social media platform as Pascal handles everything on Instagram) and make sure everyone here is up-to-date. I've only had an opportunity to look at the latest two pages, so forgive me if I miss anything.

Aristides Headless - This is coming sooner rather than later. As with all of our models, we'll put our Aristides twist on it, but rest assured that the form factor of a headless guitar and the ergonomic benefits that it can confer are not lost on us. The current plan is to release this as a multiscale model. Given the way our molds work, ordering this as a Custom Series or Raw Series guitar is doable from day one. Please do not misunderstand: this is still in development. You will not see this model at NAMM.

Tuning Stability - I think a common misconception about our guitars is that the tuning stability is better than guitars made out of wood. There are some circumstances in which our guitars can have heightened tuning stability, but most of those involve not playing the guitar. Fred hit on this topic earlier, but any tuning stability benefits are gained from the reduced movement of the neck compared to some necks made out of wood. The strings on our guitars will still go out of tune at the same rate as other guitars during play.

Logo Plates - If you have a blank logo plate, reach out to me. The Raw Series comes standard with a black logo plate that sort of obfuscates our logo name and name, but it should still be very visible up close. It's certainly possible that someone could replace our logo plate, but it seems a bit silly.

NAMM 2020 - We will have a few cool things at NAMM. Folks in the Arium Addicts Facebook group know what we're unveiling at NAMM, and Pascal and I are in a race to regularly spoil new developments there. You can expect to see a new model from us as well as some new options on existing models, along with a build or two that is over-the-top when it comes to the finish.

I'll try to pay attention to this thread and help answer non-opinion questions when I can, but it's much easier to contact me via Facebook. If you want my Facebook info, just shoot me a PM, and I'll be happy to send it over.

Cheers!

bmth4111, Acme, Avedas and 6 others like this.
  14. Thrashman

Thrashman Got Groove?

^ to fill in re blank logo plates - I know of at least one 060R with a blank logo plate out there as I recently sold one.. This plate is blank as it was one of the first (5th?) raw's ever made and I believe Pascal told me it's due to them not having had the logos fitted yet.. so hopefully it's not due to counterfeit logo plates or anything silly like that.
    Either way, cool bit of Aristides' history there.. And one hell of a guitar.

15. Avedas

Avedas SS.org Regular

I saw on the order form there's actually a whole bunch of new R colors. Hope to see some pics soon.

16. brandonwall

brandonwall SS.org Regular

Gotcha. That makes sense. Very cool piece of history, and that's a new one for me!

On the topic of new Raw Series colors, we added quite a few to the list! Ask and you shall receive! I've only got pictures of a finished Black Raw and Light Blue Raw, but we should have finished photos of all the new colors in the coming weeks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. axxessdenied

man the black raw looks so insanely good

brandonwall likes this.
  18. Fred the Shred

Fred the Shred Shrederick

Welcome, man! Can't wait to see your new hat!

"Tuning Stability - I think a common misconception about our guitars is that the tuning stability is better than guitars made out of wood. There are some circumstances in which our guitars can have heightened tuning stability, but most of those involve not playing the guitar. Fred hit on this topic earlier, but any tuning stability benefits are gained from the reduced movement of the neck compared to some necks made out of wood. The strings on our guitars will still go out of tune at the same rate as other guitars during play."

This bit is something I can't stress enough, to be honest: the true godsend of the added stability lies mostly in between gigs and knowing that no weird flexing will take place under stage lights. No body material can do anything to preventing typical string slippage or a string getting caught in eventual dirt deposits in the nut, BUT a double locking trem will mitigate this sort of thing to negligible levels seeing as the guitar itself won't move (and the others take minimal tuning on stage anyway).

19. Jonathan20022

Jonathan20022 Engineer

All of mine have floyds and they go out legitimately once every 2 months and I just unlock the nut, retune and lock back down if the strings aren't grimey. I'm extremely particular about this and I check tuning like a madman when recording or even jamming, the double locking trem takes it to new heights IMO. The hardtails will fluctuate as normal guitars do, but your neck and truss rod won't move if any bit at all, so while you may have to tune your strings your setup is a constant for ridiculous amounts of time. My action on my latest ones measures the same as when I set the action a few days after receiving them.

20. Fred the Shred

Fred the Shred Shrederick

Yup! That is the beauty of a proper, stable guitar. I have great experiences with both Tiddies and Caparison in the "fire and forget" setup department on the road, and it's a godsend. No magically changing action, no sudden buzz, no weird behaviours with reaction to the heat of stage lighting - the string will always need a touch before a gig once temperature starts rising, but you know beforehand the setup will be absolutely impeccable no matter what, and that is priceless.

Jonathan20022 and brandonwall like this.