Aristides Guitars

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Another carbon one. Sick build:

317242998_5793134764078295_2965848092167104200_n.jpg

Is the CF just a thin "finish" layer over the normal fiberglass, or does it replace the usual construction?

@brandonwall

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Is the CF just a thin "finish" layer over the normal fiberglass, or does it replace the usual construction?

@brandonwall
I've been wondering the same thing. I did see Pascal said one like the one above would be about $7k so whatever it is it's expensive :lol:

Looks awesome though. If I could justify that cost I'd get one :lol:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
They only do the top though, which is a shame -- CF looks amazing wrapped around the contours of a neck.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
^Looks like it.

That's a little confusing, because based on how these are made, the entire front "half" should be CF.

29D90FFA-E334-4AE1-8E45-E9B74A1197AE.jpeg

So it's only on the top, and do skip the outer coats, or does it just mean an additional layer?

It would be cool to see what these CF builds look like in process.

Agalloch

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Head's up as I don't recall seeing it mentioned in this thread; Pascal stated that there's going to be a slight price increase next year.

Between this, the 1000 Euro downpayment option until the end of the year, and my household appliance mishaps costing me less than I thought, I'm really starting to think of getting in on a second build before January 1st.

Not sure if it would be another 080, or if I'd take the chance and go for an H/08.

Uh, how does one go about getting this "1000 Euro downpayment" option?

Asking for a friend...

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
That's a little confusing, because based on how these are made, the entire front "half" should be CF.

View attachment 117555

So it's only on the top, and do skip the outer coats, or does it just mean an additional layer?

It would be cool to see what these CF builds look like in process.
My best WAG (wild ass guess) is that they just put a full body size sheet of CF down first instead of starting with whatever epoxy/resin they use to begin forming the shell in the molds that they then laminate with the glass and carbon sheet layers. Maybe a thicker CF sheet since it's a top. Again though, you're guess is as good as mine and I'm with you on wanting to see how the CF top guitars are molded.
Uh, how does one go about getting this "1000 Euro downpayment" option?

Asking for a friend...

I don't know if you have to be a member of the Arium Addicts group on Facebook or not to get the lower down payment. Shoot them an email or spec a build on the website and ask.

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
I've been wondering the same thing. I did see Pascal said one like the one above would be about $7k so whatever it is it's expensive :lol:

Looks awesome though. If I could justify that cost I'd get one :lol:
Isn't $7k just the normal upcharge for a finish?

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
Isn't $7k just the normal upcharge for a finish?
I'm not sure what most custom finishes that they're doing cost these days but mine came out to 600 euros for a black finish with 6 different colors in a splatter. It seems the sparkle and metal finishes cost quite a bit more, but to get one of these to $7,000.00 I'm guessing the carbon fiber is probably like a 2000 euro upcharge lol

Kyle Jordan

Ace of Knaves
Reaction score
Yo!

Any of you guys mod your Aristides?

My 080 has 2 volumes and a 3 way blade selector. I’m thinking of doing some custom electronics in the future, and would like to add at least two more pots and some mini toggles.

Just wanting to check and see if anyone has done it themselves before I start harassing Jereon with even more questions beyond the ones I’m asking him about an H/08.

KnightBrolaire

chasing the GAS dragon
Reaction score
Yo!

My 080 has 2 volumes and a 3 way blade selector. I’m thinking of doing some custom electronics in the future, and would like to add at least two more pots and some mini toggles.

Just wanting to check and see if anyone has done it themselves before I start harassing Jereon with even more questions beyond the ones I’m asking him about an H/08.
I swapped the tuner heads, nut and swapped the selector switch to a 5 way on one of my 070 guitars. I haven't done anything significant to it yet lol

getowned7474

Neck_Pro
Reaction score
Yo!

I swapped out the fishman fluence pickups for some Bare Knuckle Silo's. I didn't want to gut the active electronics so I put an active preamp before the pots match the output impedance of the fishmans. This makes the volume and tone tapers the same so I didn't have to buy new pots. I think I may add some useful active electronics eventually like a boost to bring the split coil settings to the same volume as the humbuckers.

robotwithhumanhair22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Yo!

I've been considering it, but not yet due to the fact that I am not nuanced with pickup wiring configurations and altering them.
Literally the only complaint that I have about my H/07R w/ Fishman Abasi's is that position 2 (which should be voice 3) does not produce a split-coil tone at all and sounds more akin to a voice 2 that's almost trying to split itself but doesn't quite get there.
I really should stop putzing around as correcting this would make my H/07R a perfect guitar by my standards. (I write a lot of spanky riffs)

fookite

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Aristides said that the default wiring for passives on a five way switch is:

Bridge full Humbucker

Bridge full Humbucker + Neck Outer coil

Neck full Humbucker + Bridge Full Humbucker

Neck Outer coil
Neck full Humbucker

It seems weird to have positions 2 and 4 be non-humbucking, especially that 3 coil position.

robotwithhumanhair22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Aristides said that the default wiring for passives on a five way switch is:

Bridge full Humbucker

Bridge full Humbucker + Neck Outer coil

Neck full Humbucker + Bridge Full Humbucker

Neck Outer coil
Neck full Humbucker

It seems weird to have positions 2 and 4 be non-humbucking, especially that 3 coil position.

I wonder if they do it that way with all pickup configurations that they install.
The default wiring that is specified on the manual as well as in my 8-string is supposed to be:

1. Bridge Humbucker (Voice-1 or 2 selectable)
2. Bridge & Neck Inner Coils (Bridge Voice-3)
3. Bridge & Neck Humbucker (Voice-1 or 2 selectable)
4. Neck Outer Coil (Voice-3)
5. Neck Humbucker (Voice-1 or 2 selectable)

I'd have to compare to the wiring of my 8 to get a better idea of what might be up here.
I'd consider taking it to my local luthier but it seems like his eyes bulge out of his head every time he sees a guitar with more than 6 strings.