Aristides Guitars

webs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Has anyone had their H/0 wired like the old stereo ES345? One pickup per output jack with two cables inserted and both in mono when only one jack is used?

Just curious for now but I think we all know where that leads.

Winspear

Tom Winspear
Reaction score
Has anyone had their H/0 wired like the old stereo ES345? One pickup per output jack with two cables inserted and both in mono when only one jack is used?

Just curious for now but I think we all know where that leads.
That's a cool idea, don't forget you can always use a single jack and TRS split cable for this too, like Rickenbacker :)

webs

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
That's a cool idea, don't forget you can always use a single jack and TRS split cable for this too, like Rickenbacker :)
You get out of here with that nonsense, I'm inventing a flimsy excuse for a new guitar here!

In seriousness, I've got an Anderson with that setup and it's good. I think I'd have a slight preference for two standard TS cables just because it's easier to get the two amp ends where they need to go. But maybe that's just because I have to wrestle with a slightly inconvenient cable setup to break the TRS out to 2xTS.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
All I can see the is the triangular guy from ATHF, the Plutonian

fookite

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, what's your order number, if you don't mind telling us?
I don't see why not, it's 2689.

Tempted to switch to the aqua as I'd probably be able to at this point but I already dithered over it way too long.

gunch

30 y/o metal zooner
Reaction score
remembering that yellow 060 with the 3 singles coils that was on reverb for 1800 bucks for a while and getting sad :(

jco5055

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I haven't thought about Aristides much in a bit since there's not much in the way of new developments (and I still don't get along with their current neck offerings), but man, being able to get a Raw model for roughly $3k? Surely that's about the best bargain for a high end guitar out there right now.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't thought about Aristides much in a bit since there's not much in the way of new developments (and I still don't get along with their current neck offerings), but man, being able to get a Raw model for roughly $3k? Surely that's about the best bargain for a high end guitar out there right now.

It's a bargain if you want what's possible within the fairly structured niche these sit in.

I've tried several Aristides now, and unfortunately none of them made me want to buy one. They're fine instruments, but neither the body shapes, neck profiles, or really anything especially spoke to me. That happens and in no way reflects on anyone but myself.

jco5055

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's a bargain if you want what's possible within the fairly structured niche these sit in.

I've tried several Aristides now, and unfortunately none of them made me want to buy one. They're fine instruments, but neither the body shapes, neck profiles, or really anything especially spoke to me. That happens and in no way reflects on anyone but myself.
yeah the few times I've gotten to play them since I sold mine, there just seems to be a slightly missing "mojo" for me, if you let me use a TGP-ism.

In the realm of pretty much stock, off the shelf, I'd say Schecter USA is extremely hard to beat