Aristides Guitars

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I see the hype wave has crested :lol:
I was thinking the same thing. There needs to be something like the SSO Razor, which states that there is an inflection point, where leading up to it a brand can do no wrong, but upon reaching it, a brand is now the most useless piece of junk on the market. We just saw Fluences do it, as well.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. There needs to be something like the SSO Razor, which states that there is an inflection point, where leading up to it a brand can do no wrong, but upon reaching it, a brand is now the most useless piece of junk on the market. We just saw Fluences do it, as well.

It's not some weird forum related thing, it's just how it works.

As a brand gets bigger and more and more "regular" folks get the product the larger the pool of experience, and that tends to bring a more mixed opinion of said product. The mystique fading is pretty natural.

SpaceDock

Shred till your dead
Reaction score
Seems really bizarre that no one mentions tuning stability problems for years then a bunch all at once. Previously all I had ever seen was “haven’t tuned in two months!”

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Seems really bizarre that no one mentions tuning stability problems for years then a bunch all at once. Previously all I had ever seen was “haven’t tuned in two months!”

It's easy to say that when so many folks ditch them before that point. :lol:

But seriously, when it rains, it pours. Like I said above, as a product proliferates you tend to get a more mixed outlook, and when one person makes a particular charge, it usually makes others join in.

It's like the threads debating 42mm vs 43mm nuts or certain radius, etc. Most probably wouldn't notice unless they were specifically looking.

That said, there are a lot of misconceptions about Aristides guitars, what they're made of and what that means as far as...well everything.

But there are also a lot of folks who have no idea what they're doing with guitars in general, so usually taking stuff like this with a grain of salt is a good idea.

Flappydoodle

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Never had any tuning stability problems with mine. Strings, setup, stretch, re-tune. Done.

The Aristides (060 raw, hipshot) is second place only to a Caparison with a 5 piece neck (bolt on) and two support rods.

The 060 is more stable than two ESPs Horizons (one TOM, one Floyd), better than an ESP M-II bolt-on, and better than an E-II eclipse. And better than my two Gibsons, obviously.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score

Because it in practice is pretty much a non-issue, expansion with warmth and contraction with colder temps is a natural phenomenon is all materials.

Aluminum Necks (Gittler, Rick Toone, EGC, etc) suffer from this to a much larger degree, from even lights on stages throwing your neck out of whack. Nothing is exempt from a changing environment, namely so does wood although less so.

If a guitar is repeatably sharp/flat by 3 - 5 cents in unison and you strum your strings when you pick it up unless you have perfect pitch, or you're staring at a tuner, you're not going to notice it. That was the use case I mentioned, when I was actively recording I'd have to warm up the hardtails with a few minutes of play before they rested at [email protected] That's just my personal experience though, although I've fallen out of desire to order anything new from them I still have my main ones and play them nearly everytime I sit down to practice/play guitar.

You're still generally not "tuning" it, that's why the average joe or even the more perceptive player might catch it once in awhile and think nothing of it. I've always said their necks still do need a truss adjustment once in awhile, but the same way people wouldn't notice the tuning thing. Most people don't notice their action has increase or decreased from neck movements until something buzzes or feels way out of whack.

In my case when I run hairline action, if the neck nears being flat or achieves some backbow I'll immediately notice the notes choke out and make an adjustment.

Reaction score
... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar começa...
(...)

But there are also a lot of folks who have no idea what they're doing with guitars in general, so usually taking stuff like this with a grain of salt is a good idea.

The internet has liberated the publication of all non filtered "knowledge" coming from short attention span gurus... I only takes a know-it-all guy to post a bad review about a product he doesn't know shit about. Everyone and their mother can make a review of whatever and publish it wherever... a grain of salt may not be enough. Add some pepper, olive oil and let it sink for a while... then serve it with a bit of wine to help to swallow it...

JuhaMM

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just placed an order for a white H/08R, light fretboard, gold hardware, white pickups. Excited. At first I was going for an Abasi master 8 but reading about all the QC stuff and seeing how small and instantly sold out the drops are, honestly I didn’t want to go there.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Just placed an order for a white H/08R, light fretboard, gold hardware, white pickups. Excited. At first I was going for an Abasi master 8 but reading about all the QC stuff and seeing how small and instantly sold out the drops are, honestly I didn’t want to go there.
Trem?

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
I did in 2020!

Also posted in an Aristides group. But yeah, there no one resonated with my opinion :D

SVMMONYR

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I have the h080r with trem also. Played basically all day yesterday and today I picked it up and checked the tuning and it was still in tune. 🤷🏻

Jujex

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Does anyones know what the estimated cost of a custom inlay work is? Think a simple logo in Luminlay. No Sistine chapel stuff. Cheers

Last edited:

FromTheMausoleum

That one guy
Reaction score
Does anyones know what the estimated cost of a custom inlay work is? Think a simple logo in Luminlay. No Sistine chapel stuff. Cheers
Custom inlay starts at 590 Euro last I was told and Luminlay is fairly expensive as a material so I'd assume a bit more than that.

SVMMONYR

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Custom inlay starts at 590 Euro last I was told and Luminlay is fairly expensive as a material so I'd assume a bit more than that.
It really isnt expensive at all. I rember they quoted an upcharge of 400 Euros for basic standard dot fretboard luminlays which I thought was a bit steep when they cost around 30 bucks. I understand custom inlays cost much more but basic dots in luminlay for 400 euros I cant grasp. Also felt weird that they told me they couldnt do luminlay off set dots on the fretboard, just the standard.

Stuck_in_a_dream

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]
I have the h080r with trem also. Played basically all day yesterday and today I picked it up and checked the tuning and it was still in tune. 🤷🏻

My H/08R was in tune when I got it, that is after a 3-4 day journey from Amsterdam to Texas in middle of June! I never had any tuning issues w/ it at all. Yes, some truss rod adjustments needed from time to time but no big deal, I guess this makes me a fanboi! :shrug:

LunatiqueRob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just wanted to update on my situation. The guys at Aristides did a couple of Zoom meeting with me to help me set up my H/08. The first session ended up with the high E string (.010) breaking, and I ran out of string at that point (I had already broken another high E string during a previous set up attempt), so we couldn't continue. They sent me some additional strings, and then we scheduled the 2nd Zoom meeting, which finally got my H/08 setup to my tuning. It seems the trick is to try to use the trem block as much as possible, and making sure the bridge was pulling back hard enough on the trem block, and then once all strings are in tune, remove the trem block, then just use the D string's tuning to do a few turns on the SureClaw to get everything finally in tune. While the final result and the stability of the tuning of the tremolo system still isn't perfect (not as good as my Strandbergs), but at least it's playable now. The guys at Aristides really went above and beyond, and once again, proved their customer service is legendary.

getowned7474

Neck_Pro
Reaction score
I have been selling some of my guitars because I've been liking like my 0606R so much. Only 2 months into the wait on my H/07R and I just submitted my order form for a HSS 060! My HSS Ibanez AZ was really great but the neck had a bit too much shoulder for me and these Aristides are just so good so this will be it's replacement.

I got it in Rose Gold Chameleon with a black burst, light richlite, and black dots like this:

yjrjos4lao1wi8kvtz9k.jpg

Differently than the above one I got chrome hardware and an HSS configuration with Bare Knuckle Irish Tours and VHII. Super hyped for this one.