Aristides Guitars

jyym

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The problem is, after spending all those hours and finally getting all 8 strings in tune, as soon as I tested the tuning by doing a simple pull and push on the whammy bar, all 8 strings instantly got thrown out of tune, in different directions (some sharp, some flat), as far as an entire half-step in pitch.
And for me, I found I needed three rounds of the Stretcha after receiving my h/06 before I could get tuning stability. This was with the strings that came on the guitar already. I don't think they do a Stretcha stretch at the factory.

LunatiqueRob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
the whole screw on the trem is some arcane knowledge type shit... really wish there were clear instructions.

See my previous posts: https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/aristides-guitars.330443/post-5412805 and https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/aristides-guitars.330443/post-5411462

I think the key is to screw the trem arm in until its VERY tight (like, cannot go any more at all), back off one full turn, THEN adjust the tiny screw... If you push the arm in, then start tightening the screw and are like "uh... this isn't working at all" you've (like me) probably already damaged the bushing, and possibly stripped the screw hole.
Thanks! That really helped. I didn't even notice there was threading INSIDE the arm's inserted end. Usually the threading is on the outside. Now that I know I need to screw the arm in first (just like with my Strandbergs), it makes all the difference.

LunatiqueRob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
And for me, I found I needed three rounds of the Stretcha after receiving my h/06 before I could get tuning stability. This was with the strings that came on the guitar already. I don't think they do a Stretcha stretch at the factory.
I've had mine since July 8th, and I'm pretty sure I've stretched it enough since receiving it.

This is the one time I have wished I didn't get a headless, because I have a blister on my index finger from the hours of tuning I had to do. With a normal tuning peg my fingers would have been fine. I never had this problem with my Strandbergs or even my cheap Eart W1.

jyym

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've had mine since July 8th, and I'm pretty sure I've stretched it enough since receiving it.
I stretched the shit out of strings the "usual" way, huge bends everywhere, but it wasn't until I used the Stretcha that the tuning finally settled down.

LunatiqueRob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I stretched the shit out of strings the "usual" way, huge bends everywhere, but it wasn't until I used the Stretcha that the tuning finally settled down.
Is it noticeably better than just grabbing each string at various intervals and pulling up?

Velokki

GAS station
Reaction score
That sounds super irritating!

Anyway, what I've noticed is that my Aristides guitars do fluctuate quite a bit in their tuning anyway. They're not "super stable" tuning wise. I find them moving around a lot more than for ex. my Custom 24 or ESP M2, i.e. standard guitars.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed…

I have noticed my 060r to be the least stable out of all my guitars, always being sharp coming back to it after however long of time. I’ve heard some people say they were told to let the guitar “warm up” for a couple mins by just playing it and getting your body heat to warm it up and then tune it and tbh that is just ridiculous :lol:

Like I get it’s a different material and is gonna behave differently but geeeeeeez

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
My old roommate got a trem'd H/07 and it didn't inspire feelings to make me want to order one.

And hardtail Aristides have that aspect of the tuning shifting a few cents sharp/flat. I usually only noticed if I was recording/looking at a tuner while tuning.

That being said, any Aristides with a Trem immediately doesn't have this. I correct tuning for my Floyd guitars literally once every few months, and I abuse the trem quite a bit during play. Good thing I love trems/floyds :D

Dudley

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I’m glad I’m not the only one who noticed…

I have noticed my 060r to be the least stable out of all my guitars, always being sharp coming back to it after however long of time. I’ve heard some people say they were told to let the guitar “warm up” for a couple mins by just playing it and getting your body heat to warm it up and then tune it and tbh that is just ridiculous :lol:

Like I get it’s a different material and is gonna behave differently but geeeeeeez
I cringe every time I see this repeated in the Aristides fanboi groups.

'The perfect gigging guitar! Super stable tuning - just goes out of tune immediately and continuously for 5 minutes! After that you're golden.' Eek.

I'm currently having nightmares with my 070 staying in tune and it's a hardtail model, really pleased I don't have the hassle of a headless trem to contend with on top of that.

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
At first I thought it was improperly stretched strings or binding at the nut so I’d stretch tf out of the strings and also used nut sauce but it didn’t do anything

cardinal

F# Dive Bomber
Reaction score
not related to the tremolo problem but maybe to the tuning issues generally: I briefly played and attempted to set up an 070 and that was the touchiest neck I think I've ever dealt with. Minor changes to the truss rod yielded huge swings in relief and the relief seemed different each time I picked it up over the course of the day, and of course that was messing with the tuning.

I chalked it up to the fact that it recently came out from baking in the back of a UPS truck all day; presumably they are better when the temperature reaches equilibrium.

xzacx

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My old roommate got a trem'd H/07 and it didn't inspire feelings to make me want to order one.

And hardtail Aristides have that aspect of the tuning shifting a few cents sharp/flat. I usually only noticed if I was recording/looking at a tuner while tuning.

That being said, any Aristides with a Trem immediately doesn't have this. I correct tuning for my Floyd guitars literally once every few months, and I abuse the trem quite a bit during play. Good thing I love trems/floyds :D

In fairness, ANY guitar with a Floyd stays in tune considerably better than any hardtail, in my experience anyway, so I don't think it's necessarily just an Aristides thing.

jyym

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Fwiw my tuning stability is great, but yea, did need a lot of string stretching. H/06 trem