Aristides Guitars

StevenC

Javier Strat 7 2024
Reaction score
Huh, I didn’t realize strandbergs used to have bearing style bridges. @StevenC do people generally prefer those over knife edge bridges? I thought knife edges were the gold standard, at this point.
I've no idea to be honest. I only ever got to play one on the original Masvidal guitar in like 2013. I believe the reasoning behind them is that they don't wear as much as a knife edge does, but the trade off being that you lose the characteristic flutter of a knife edge.

I don't think the current acreage strandberg buyer would know the difference really.

cowboystring

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've never played an Aristides, but I've heard great things about them. I would love to have one

Flynn Edwards

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It is quite legitimately just a hole that goes to the electronics cavity and the inside of the cavity cover is painted so that you don't just see through it as the raw models come with opaque cavity covers.
Don't raw models have transparent and painted have opaque?

LunatiqueRob

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi fellow Aristides owners. I need some help.

Ever since I've received my H/08 not long ago, it's been a total nightmare dealing with the tuning issues. I've been corresponding with the Aristides team to get help, but the tips they've given me are pretty much the same general Floyd-Rose tremolo tuning tips I already know and have used (block the tremolo bridge, tune the strings, adjust the spring in the back--in my case, I have a SureClaw installed, then rinse and repeat).

I've now spent an accumulated few hours trying to get it in tune (I'd say about 5 hours total now), and it's been extremely frustrating. I'm no beginner--I've been playing since the late 80's and I've owned about two dozen guitars and basses, including other Floyd-Rose styled tremolo systems like Strandberg, Schecter, and Line 6. None of them have ever been this impossible to get in tune.

The problem is, after spending all those hours and finally getting all 8 strings in tune, as soon as I tested the tuning by doing a simple pull and push on the whammy bar, all 8 strings instantly got thrown out of tune, in different directions (some sharp, some flat), as far as an entire half-step in pitch.

This is NOT supposed to happen.

I'm now at my wit's end and I have no idea what more I can do. Is my H/08 defective? Why is this happening?

And one more thing--why the hell can't I get the tremolo bar tightened firmly? (I don't like loose tremolo arms that swing all over the place. I like them to stay put.) When I tighten the tiny screw, it will stay put for a bit, but will eventually become totally loose again. When I took the arm out, I can see the white plastic sleeve at the base of the inserted end had cracked in a few places, as well as a little piece had broken off. I assume it's from the force exerted by the tiny screw. I did not over-tighten the screw--I only tightened it just enough for the arm to stay put and not swing loosely. So is the plastic sleeve simply made of a material that's too fragile? What else can I do?

jyym

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi fellow Aristides owners. I need some help.

Ever since I've received my H/08 not long ago, it's been a total nightmare dealing with the tuning issues. I've been corresponding with the Aristides team to get help, but the tips they've given me are pretty much the same general Floyd-Rose tremolo tuning tips I already know and have used (block the tremolo bridge, tune the strings, adjust the spring in the back--in my case, I have a SureClaw installed, then rinse and repeat).

I've now spent an accumulated few hours trying to get it in tune (I'd say about 5 hours total now), and it's been extremely frustrating. I'm no beginner--I've been playing since the late 80's and I've owned about two dozen guitars and basses, including other Floyd-Rose styled tremolo systems like Strandberg, Schecter, and Line 6. None of them have ever been this impossible to get in tune.

The problem is, after spending all those hours and finally getting all 8 strings in tune, as soon as I tested the tuning by doing a simple pull and push on the whammy bar, all 8 strings instantly got thrown out of tune, in different directions (some sharp, some flat), as far as an entire half-step in pitch.

This is NOT supposed to happen.

I'm now at my wit's end and I have no idea what more I can do. Is my H/08 defective? Why is this happening?

And one more thing--why the hell can't I get the tremolo bar tightened firmly? (I don't like loose tremolo arms that swing all over the place. I like them to stay put.) When I tighten the tiny screw, it will stay put for a bit, but will eventually become totally loose again. When I took the arm out, I can see the white plastic sleeve at the base of the inserted end had cracked in a few places, as well as a little piece had broken off. I assume it's from the force exerted by the tiny screw. I did not over-tighten the screw--I only tightened it just enough for the arm to stay put and not swing loosely. So is the plastic sleeve simply made of a material that's too fragile? What else can I do?
the whole screw on the trem is some arcane knowledge type shit... really wish there were clear instructions.

See my previous posts: https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/aristides-guitars.330443/post-5412805 and https://www.sevenstring.org/threads/aristides-guitars.330443/post-5411462

I think the key is to screw the trem arm in until its VERY tight (like, cannot go any more at all), back off one full turn, THEN adjust the tiny screw... If you push the arm in, then start tightening the screw and are like "uh... this isn't working at all" you've (like me) probably already damaged the bushing, and possibly stripped the screw hole.