Are you prepared for the Electro-Metal onslaught?

Adeamus

sucks.
Reaction score
So my band, Screaming Mechanical Brain just put up the first single from our new record The Policy of Unilateral Hate.

I figured I'd share it with the good ol' sevenstring.org community as its my favorite guitar spot on the net, and I've had so many questions answered while I was recording this album in my bedroom.

And in case anyone is wondering, I'm playing my PRS Kaoss Mira in the video, but the song was recorded with a PRS Baritone with Aftermaths. Three songs on our album are tuned to G and this was one of the, and as we all know you've gotta approach it different.

Behaving_badly

Reaction score
The sound is really good imo. Solid song, I like pretty much all of it besides a few vocal parts (but I typically don't like vocals so take that with a grain of salt) and the electronic parts are neato

you're bands...uh... fashion, is a little peculiar, but hey to each his own

EDIT: Also, was that some of Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain clips in the vid?

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
I like it. A lot. However, I can't stand the vocalist's faces in the video. IMO, they make it unwatchable. You guys a pretty awesome though.

Adeamus

sucks.
Reaction score
The sound is really good imo. Solid song, I like pretty much all of it besides a few vocal parts (but I typically don't like vocals so take that with a grain of salt) and the electronic parts are neato

you're bands...uh... fashion, is a little peculiar, but hey to each his own

EDIT: Also, was that some of Jodorowsky's The Holy Mountain clips in the vid?

You are correct sir, those are where the clips come from.

As far as the fashion, haven't we all had enough black t-shirts and jeans? or enough dudes in fishnets? :rolleyes: I wear my sparkly pants and sparkly guitar with pride.

Glad folks are digging on it, I've posted a few other videos as we have been recording the album and they have all gotten positive responses. Should have a full length done at the end of the month and then get back to the old tourin' thing again.

decypher

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's not bad, I don't like the -core vocals (but I'd say that about most popular bands on here, I just dont get the clean/yell/clean/yell thingy, it bores me, watching highly talented musicians like Scar Symmetry hire two singers to keep up that crap is sad). As being right on the trend vocalwise, why would he wear funny make-up?

The drummer throughout is the computer, right?

Are you guys true satanists or do you use the pentagram and 666 as a religious statement in another way?

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Well that was interesting. In a good way.

Dug everything but the vocals.

LamaSabachthani

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think bringing up the low end and bringing up the bass in the mix would have filled what I would describe as something of a sonic void there. Kick was a bit too punchy and not bassy enough without any loud bass guitar. Guitar tone was great though, but just needs that extra oomph from the bass.

Also - the keyboard voicing...perhaps a bit more distorted might sound a bit better?

rug

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey, aren't you friends with Dan Ka? He's mentioned that Kaoss Mira to me before...I can't imagine that there is more than one person with that guitar...which is totally amazing. :D

Adeamus

sucks.
Reaction score
Hey, aren't you friends with Dan Ka? He's mentioned that Kaoss Mira to me before...I can't imagine that there is more than one person with that guitar...which is totally amazing. :D

Hah, that I am. It's a small world.

And yes, we used to be Screaming Monkey Boner, but that changed a couple years before I joined the band in 07'. But having a hilarious moniker will follow you for some time.

Anyway, its not QUITE the final mix (As much as I want it done) we've still got a couple more weeks to go for the final mix session on this album. Its being mixed by Josh Key from Psychostick and we have to work around his touring schedule.

Don't worry everyone though, it's not an album of screaming and singing screaming and singing, there are plenty of songs all over the place. We just felt like this song was enough of a kick in the dick it should be the first single...

Vision

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Loved it. I like some crazy ass shit to go mountain biking to, and this fits the bill. :hbang: