Are you guys REALLY aware of what is going on on Mexico currently?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by sevenstringgod, Apr 14, 2010.

1. Despised_0515

Despised_0515 Bassist of Redivider Contributor

I was thinking that one of my closest friends was exaggerating when he told me his dad's story. His dad was some high ranked police officer (sorry, I don't remember status names at all) in Tijiuana and during a war between one of the cartels and the police, his partner died in an RPG explosion. Luckily, my friend's dad had only got shot on the thigh but he definitely called it quits after that mess and moved out here and bought a house where my friend spends most of his time with him.

Only now, after reading your post did my friend's story really hit hard.
    It's upsetting to know that it's so horrifying down there and even worse that lots of citizens here only have bad things to say about Mexican families simply wanting a way out. I mean I know jumping the border and everything is bad and yes, it would be insane with a massive flow of immigrants suddenly pouring into America but we'd all do the same if we lived down there and any of you wouldn't DARE say otherwise.

I'm still not saying illegal immigration is ok, I'm just saying that now we here at Sevenstring have some insight as to what it's really like down there. Especially myself having spoken to my friend's dad and all.

Do what you can to be heard, be intelligible about EVERY word you send to the media, do something.
    The crooked law enforcement down there sickens me and I just hope something is done to at least contain the bloodshed.

2. Pauly

Pauly Not so local lefty

Sadly this is the ultimate example of why the war on drugs is a total failure. Completely needless loss of life. Obviously drug policy is quite a controversial topic that inspires some serious debate, but what governments are doing clearly isn't working, yet they persist...

3. sevenstringgod

sevenstringgod SS.org Regular

I know man, it's pretty hard to believe, I myself can't believe sometimes things are turning into this, but it really is happening, we really are in danger every time we are standing on the streets. Sad story by the way, I have never lost some one close due to this fortunately, once an uncle got kidnapped, but my father and his brothers payed the ransom and he was sent back unharmed. That's the closest I've dealt with that kind of thing, and that was a year ago when things weren't like they are right now. It's total chaos out there right now.

4. xiphoscesar

xiphoscesar SS.org Regular

did you guys hear about the two drug cartels joining forces to take out "Los Zetas" drug cartel?

5. sevenstringgod

Yeah, it's the cartel that originally "owned" my state, it's called "cartel del golfo" precisely because my state surrounds a big part of the gulf of Mexico and it is referred to as CDG, and the guys which they joined forces with are called "la familia michoacana".

6. Shinto

Shinto ss.org lurker

7. xiphoscesar

haha yea i was going to name them too but i dont think alot of people speak spanish on here :lol:

but "Los Zetas" are fucking crazy

8. sevenstringgod

Totally, those guys are insane, the other guys have a bit more respect for people who actually are clean, but "los zetas" are kidnapping, stealing and killing from pretty much anyone.

9. xiphoscesar

yea i guess thats part of the reason they want to take them out

10. sevenstringgod

Thanks bro, and you're absolutely right about the death penalty, these guys are fucking animals. And the thing is if they kill one boss, another one pops up to replace the previous one, it's more or less like a plague. This sucks.

11. sevenstringgod

Well I guess that would be a good thing after all, the military are also hunting those guys down to finish them off, I can't approve the military working with criminal groups, but this kind of alliances are formed out of desperation.

12. Customisbetter

Customisbetter WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Contributor

13. MaxOfMetal

MaxOfMetal Likes trem wankery. Super Moderator

He wasn't lying when he said they were "horribly strong".

14. Popsyche

Popsyche Contributor

Marked NSFW

Thanks Max!

15. renzoip

renzoip I Am the Table

Hermano, that's horrible to hear. I feel for you. Hope you all can stay safe and move out of there as soon as possible. I really hope that the international community as well as the Mexican government can get more involved on this issue and help these people get some sort of asylum of refugee status in another country. I also don't condone undocumented immigration per se but I do think legal immigration need to be made easier for people living under these circumstances based on humanitarian grounds.

16. sevenstringgod

Sorry, my bad bro.

17. sevenstringgod

Thank you for your words, I hope the Mexican government tries getting involved for once, but mostly they were the ones that let things get this far and now they can't control the situation. It's sad really, it's a war that is already lost, but hasn't been lost officially yet.