Apogee ONE XLR and Laney Ironheart Studio

neurosis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Maybe this is a complete self-explanatory thing but I am reading on it and can't wrap my head around it.

Can the XLR out on the Ironheart Studio be plugged directly into the XLR in on the Apogee one without damaging either one of the two?

If any of you is so kind to respond could you point me to a site where I can read about the technicalities of this so I understand and learn this stuff?

Best,

jo

Baelzebeard

Grinder of strings
Reaction score
If the output of your Laney is marked "mic out", or "line out", or Balanced audio out, and the input of the interface is marked with one of these things, then they will likely be compatible. Just make sure the phantom power is turned OFF on the mic pre of the interface as that could possibly damage your Laney.

Most xlr connections are for balanced audio of one sort or another. The exceptions I have come across are aes/ebu digital audio signals, dmx lighting control, and occasionally with older gear xlr was used for speaker connection, but they are usually very well marked.

neurosis

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If the output of your Laney is marked "mic out", or "line out", or Balanced audio out, and the input of the interface is marked with one of these things, then they will likely be compatible. Just make sure the phantom power is turned OFF on the mic pre of the interface as that could possibly damage your Laney.

Most xlr connections are for balanced audio of one sort or another. The exceptions I have come across are aes/ebu digital audio signals, dmx lighting control, and occasionally with older gear xlr was used for speaker connection, but they are usually very well marked.

Thanks! Will do.