Anyone with experience on the Ibanez FR1620 Prestige?

Discussion in 'Standard Guitars' started by pfizer, Jul 5, 2015.

1. pfizer

pfizer SS.org Regular

Hi guys, need some advice!

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a used Ibanez Prestige FR1620 because it's a tele-shaped fixed bridge shredder which is everything I want aesthetically.

I just need some anecdotes and assurance that what I'm getting is the right thing. I want something versatile, but I'm planning on using it mostly for downtuned stuff (e.g Chevelle, Periphery, Slipknot).

2. Emil357

Emil357 SS.org Regular

It is so so awesome. I have the FR2620. But basically the same guitar. You will not regret. Neck shape is same is a RG prestige - IF you have ever played one, you know what i am talking 'bout....

3. tian

tian SS.org Regular

Had one for a while and loved it. Very solid guitar.

4. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man

I actually had Tian's old one as well. Great guitar - plays like any other Prestige. I currently have the FR-6UC, which I have listed for trade but am probably not going to let go, because it's totally badass - Ebony fretboard, locking tuners, BKP's... I don't know what your budget is, but if you can find one of those in your country, seriously consider it. Then again, the 1620 is very similar, just doesn't have the Ebony board. It's like a workhorse super Tele with an RG neck. How can you beat that?

What I really want to find is the J-Custom version. There must have been so few made, because I've literally never seen one come up 2nd hand.

5. bloc

bloc tha vagina finda

The FR Prestige series is underrated as fook imo. Great axe

6. pfizer

pfizer SS.org Regular

Thanks for this guys. I'm still kinda torn between this, the 652FX and the KM6 (mentioned in my other thread). I almost bought the FR way back, but someone got to it before me.

Will let you guys know with an NGD when I finally reach my decision!

7. Ferro

Ferro SS.org Regular

It's a Ibanez Prestige so it's a solid workhorse like other ibbys. Keep in mind it has ash body (same as KM models, you may like it or not) and you need a pups swap, while the km and the 652fx have nice ones
    The bridge is nice and more comfortable than the Gibraltar, i think it's a bit sharp to my tastes.