Anyone used Perle Guitar bodies in 2022

Isaiah04

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just wanted to know if anyone have used these bodies recently and the quality of them.
I’m thinking of buying a Xiphos body from them and building it over time as a fun project.
Anyone buy a body recently off of the website, EBay page or Reverb? It seems the website is up but the EBay page shows that they’ve been inactive for some time already. If so would you think it’s a good or decent buy for building?

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The quality has never been suspect, to my knowledge. Getting something custom-ordered actually shipped to you is apparently an ordeal, but I've not heard of issues on the in-stock stuff.

Isaiah04

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The quality has never been suspect, to my knowledge. Getting something custom-ordered actually shipped to you is apparently an ordeal, but I've not heard of issues on the in-stock stuff.
I haven’t heard much of custom orders, kind of bummed out there aren’t much 7 string models anymore, a 7 string Xiphos build would have been killer, but hey 6 strings are easier to work with!

TedEH

Cromulent
Reaction score
I can't speak to anything recent, but I bought an in-stock body once. The shopping experience was fine. The body itself was also probably fine. Someone who knew what they were doing could probably have been a decent guitar with those parts. :lol:

Crungy

I've made up mah mahnd, I ain't wastin no mo tahm
Reaction score
I haven't bought anything from them, yet. The weird I've noticed is they have a Reverb full of stuff, but then all of their inventory disappears and comes back a few days later. No change in pricing that I've noticed either. Weird.

oracles

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Perle makes good stuff, it's just not paint ready when you get it. You'll have a bit of sanding ahead of you, but the overall quality is good

KnightBrolaire

mortuus intus
Reaction score
perle makes solid stuff. I've bought a destroyer and xiphos body from him before.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
I recently messaged him asking about a custom body and this was his response:

Hello,
Due to other commitments that have come up, I have had to cease all custom work. My apologies for any inconvenience.

Samark

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
If Nate is no longer doing work, you can try Serge Fidar. I bought one of his bodies and it was perfect. Much less than Perle's work too

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
The FRG7620 body in my avatar is from Perle. Top shelf build, no issues upon assembly. Mine was shipped out right away to a resource for the custom finish that you see and I did the assembly and setup. I absolutely love playing it.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Pretty much this.

Quality is solid, but I suggest you go for something in stock as he can take quite a while with custom stuff and isn't the most communicative.

I've been buying necks and bodies and pickguards off of Nate for years. Never had a problem with quality of parts.

He tends to go offline a few times every year, this isn't his full time job, which is why his stuff seems to disappear and reappear.

Lucid73

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Nate was on vacation recently, but I bought a Proline V body and he shipped it before the expected date. Quality is top notch.

Lucid73

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I haven't bought anything from them, yet. The weird I've noticed is they have a Reverb full of stuff, but then all of their inventory disappears and comes back a few days later. No change in pricing that I've noticed either. Weird.
I think that is just because he was on vacation. His eBay store was showing that he was away during the same time his Reverb store showed everything unavailable.

I think you can set your inventory as unavailable on there as needed.

devastone

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I recently found Five Alarm Guitars and have corresponded with him some. I want a 7 string FR body and that is not a problem for him, I got the same response a year or more ago from Perle about not doing custom work.

Five Alarm has lots of choices and customization is not a problem, I haven't bought one yet so I can't speak to the quality.

Crungy

I've made up mah mahnd, I ain't wastin no mo tahm
Reaction score
I think that is just because he was on vacation. His eBay store was showing that he was away during the same time his Reverb store showed everything unavailable.

I think you can set your inventory as unavailable on there as needed.
Ahhh that would make sense!