Anyone still a fan of the Rocktron Prophesy?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by HeHasTheJazzHands, Dec 14, 2018.

1. wedge_destroyer

wedge_destroyer SS.org Regular

Im still living this life.....

mnemonic likes this.
  2. devastone

devastone SS.org Regular

Apparently Nita Strauss is still a fan

3. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

She apparenrly just uses the effects. I would have used the amp models as well. I'm not surprised the effects are still solid since people still swear by the Replifex/Intellifex.

4. Rawkmann

Rawkmann SS.org Regular

I have one and still use it daily. It’s got a permanent spot at my recording desk because I find it easier than working with software amp sims. Have also used it live with great results. It actually has some good presets especially the Dave Mustaine patches which are the starting point for all my ‘heavy’ tones. Best place I have seen to score one for a good price is Guitar Centers used gear listings.

5. devastone

devastone SS.org Regular

Been a while since I watched it, I'm pretty sure she said was using the Prophecy for preamp and effects and running into the fx return of the Marshalls. I thought it was funny because she was talking about how great the Marshalls were, but she was only using them as power amps.

Of course, as usual, I could be wrong, I'm old and my memory is frail.

6. Elric

Elric SS.org Regular

If you are mostly interested in the preamp functionality of the Helix the Stomp unit is pretty killer at $599. That might lower the cost of entry or time you need to save. In terms of processing power it is one DSP vs two in the full Helix and only does six blocks at a time. It's an extremely powerful processor for its size. Anyway, worth considering depending on your requirements.

EDIT: Oh I saw that you were strongly preferring rack mount. :D I get it I am a rack dude too. Never mind. ;)

7. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands greg rulz ok

No, I want both. Plus with the Helix Stomp you're stuck with 1 amp. I planned on using 2 amps.

With the Prophesy I wanted both the preamp AND effects. If I wanted one or the other, I'd just get a Voodu Valve.

Elric likes this.