Anyone remember Tenet?

evade

enthusiast
Reaction score

A side project of Strapping Young Lad's Jed Simon. He started the band in 1996, but due to the members involved in their own projects, Tenet was put on hold on and off before finally releasing their debut album in 2009.

Worth a read haha https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tenet_(band)

Last edited:

wheresthefbomb

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I immediately like this more than anything I ever heard by SYL (which admittedly isn't much, and not that they're bad, I just don't really dig them).

Dig that big riffage, some tasty sludge sounds in there. Almost High on Fire vibes in some of these parts.

evade

enthusiast
Reaction score
I immediately like this more than anything I ever heard by SYL (which admittedly isn't much, and not that they're bad, I just don't really dig them).

Dig that big riffage, some tasty sludge sounds in there. Almost High on Fire vibes in some of these parts.
Found out about them in high school and never actually downloaded their album so it became a distant memory until 7 minutes ago.

j3ps3

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Of course! Only kidding. :)
Though, Strapping Young Lad's Alien is one of my favorite albums ever and I just can't understand how somebody can't appreciate that album :D

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
Yup, I remember when this album dropped. It was good. Then I forgot about it unt this post.

Dudley

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was just thinking about these guys the other day. I remember really loving the demos that Jed was posting online back in the early to mid 00’s, but I never actually listened to the album. Probably because so many years had passed since first hearing the demo tunes.

If this is on iTunes then I’ve got something to look forward to listening to at work tomorrow 👍🏻