Anyone remember Still Remains? They're back....

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
Wow, they came back. I had their first album, definitely used to enjoy it. Might have to give it a spin after all these years.

As for the new song, I dig it. Definitely heavier.

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
It's like listening to entirely different band. But this song is good.

Dan

Reaction score
Totally not what i was expecting! :lol: I'm going to have to give this a few spins before i pass judgement. I was a big still remains fan back in t' day.

Pat_tct

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
have the first two records and i expect some more cheesy metalcore.
i can't see the vid as I'm at work but I'm excited^^

Brodessa

Like a Lion.
Reaction score
Definitely a new sound for the group, but it was not bad by any means.
I'll have to give it a more focused listen later today. I really enjoyed Of Love and Lunacy.

lukeshallperish

Total Gear Slut
Reaction score
I loved these guys. Saw them with darkest hour and shadows fall like 7 years ago or something. Now if only the agony scene would come back...

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
djentchuggadjentdjentchuggadjentchuggadjentdjent... ugh

there is something wrong now with some people on this forum now... (see Polyphia thread)
I understand how the ''GUYZ, Y CANT I DO DA DJUNTZ?'' threads of the last few years can make some guys want to :barf:
but this stuff, djent?, OMG THEY PLAY DETUNED SEVENS!11!!!, apart from that, I don't see how the hell this can be djuntz :nuts:

---------------------------------
aaaaaaanyways
never heard of these guys before, nice and heavy :yesway:,would love to hear this with better audio quality

edit: just noticed that they are in Drop C, looks like i'll be having fun tonight :agreed:

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Eh. I'll stick with Of Love and Lunacy. This shit is heavy, but there's something about their old song that I love too much to accept this stuff.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
I remember listening to "Of Love and Lunacy" a lot back in the day, but it's been so long that I don't actually remember what the songs sounded like at all.

I can't listen to this new one yet... but, have they jumped on the djent wagon?

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
It's actually a lot closer to the BMTH style of hardcore than djent. Although if we're being ubertechnical, it's closer to old-school metalcore, when it was more hardcore than metal. It's good for what it is, but not necessarily what I want to hear from Still Remains.

Nlelith

Motion Designer
Reaction score
They also say that this song is experiment. And their previous singles "Reading Lips" and "Checkmate" are pretty close to their usual stuff. Lots of synths and clean vocals.