Anyone know anything about this cab?

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by vick1000, Jun 26, 2013.

1. vick1000

vick1000 SS.org Regular

2. TheWarAgainstTime

TheWarAgainstTime "TWAT" for short

Hmm call the store and see if they'll open up the cab and make sure for you. If it's legit and in good shape that's a hell of a deal!

3. vick1000

vick1000 SS.org Regular

I would pull the trigger, but they want $60 to ship it 300 miles.

4. GizmoGardens

GizmoGardens ECE/MetalHead

I'd bet there are real v30/T100's in there. The Warp T was the all-tube version of the Warp amps that HK used to make and they were fairly expenseive (~$2000 for the half stack). The cab was supposed to come stock with v30/t100 combo.

5. vick1000

vick1000 SS.org Regular

Screw it, I bought it and paid the shipping. If it's not worth it, they can take it back. I also ordered a "Excellent" condition JSX for $449. With a weeks vacation coming up on the 6th, should be a fun week.

Funny thing is, I used my gift card with a balance of $743 on the JSX, completed that order, then went to use it on the cab, and it still showed $743. Didn't want to risk one of them not getting shipped though, so I added some funds to the cab order to cover it.

I wonder if I could just keep buying stuff under $740 and keep using the same card? Then see what showed up. Ahh, if only I was dishonest I could be rich.

6. GizmoGardens

GizmoGardens ECE/MetalHead

Well it sounds like you just scored a potentially awesome sounding half stack for just over $750 bucks... Put a check in the "win" column next time you get a chance.

7. BabUShka

BabUShka SS.org Regular

I've had a 412 H&K V30 cab. Im not sure if its the same as yours, since they removed picture from the link.. But it was a nice cab. It looked nice and sounded tight n well.

8. vick1000

vick1000 SS.org Regular

Got the cab today, just opened it up. It does indeed have two G12T100s in the bottom, and two V30s in the top, and not copies or OEM labels. The cab construction is weird. It is partially enclosed in the back, the bottom half having a MDF bracing structure. The rest of the cab appears to be MDF. Have not had the speakers out to check the baffle yet.

What's really weird, id it's wired for stereo only, and the jacks are labeled "input" and "parallel out", so someone wired it for stereo I think. I will remedy that if I keep it, of course, and get some pics up one I get some time.

The cab is rediculously heavy, 120lbs. The covering is like Rhino shield or something, and no casters, but rubber feet. It is missing some corner guards, and has some paint scuffs.