Anyone into Watches?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Keirosen, Sep 12, 2015.

1. sezna

sezna undermotivated Contributor

Your price range is all over the place there! If you're looking into a Black Bay GMT as an alternative to an skx013, I'm unsure why you'd go the skx route in the first place haha. I think the black bay GMT is great, but the real hot talk on the block is the Black Bay 58. Not a GMT, but it is thinner than other BBs and oh so pretty.

If you must have a GMT, don't forget to consider Omega's offering and Grand Seiko's GMT stuff.

2. pott

pott SS.org Regular

You're not wrong!

Budget isn't really the issue; looks are. I do love the Tudor GMT, but my favorite watches are Field watches. GMT options there are more limited.

Grand Seiko's a great and interesting option... I have looked at them and I am almost in love with the SBGM221 (https://www.grand-seiko.com/us-en/collections/sbgm221g). It may be still too classy for my...ahem. Style. Or lack thereof. Eh this is a metalheads forum, and while I don't wish to speak for others, it may be a common limitations for those of us not in casual-dress jobs :p

Omega used to make some Seamaster with UTC complications, not sure if they still do. A used one is definitely on my list too :)

3. Semi-pro

Semi-pro SS.org Regular

I kinda like the new Black Bay chrono, although lately I've also been drooling over the new Heuer Autavia chronographs. Can't get the looks and the fact that they've got a new in-house (vertical clutch) movement out of my head...

Anyway, forgot to post my latest acquisition which was a gift to myself for completing my band's album (now in the mix so the watch shall finally be parked on my wrist!)

That's right! Such a versatile watch with different straps:

Attached Files:

4. pott

pott SS.org Regular

That is NICE!
    Panerais are way too large for me (and their smaller models too inaccessible) but they're one cool brand...

Those Black Bay chronos look INSANE. I absolutely love them.

I went the next step in the hobby yesterday; I found someone who looked two of the watches that got me interested, so I jumped on both! Next week I shall, all things going well, own these gorgeous pieces:
    * Nomos Club Manual: https://nomos-glashuette.com/en/club/club-campus-38-735
    * Sinn 856UTC automatic: https://www.sinn.de/en/Modell/856_UTC.htm

Honestly the only thing I could really think of owning after this would be a Black Bay. They're just insanely gorgeous.

sezna likes this.
  5. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

I love timepieces and watches etc. I just can't afford any of the stuff I want.

6. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

I stopped wearing the watch I bought last year (Seiko SNZG17J1, love it) several months ago because I was experiencing pain in my arm for quite a while. Thankfully now that's sorted and I finally feel comfortable wearing one again. Even though I only had it for a short amount of time before I had to stop wearing it, I definitely missed the heft of it on my wrist, and wearing it again feels warmly familiar, despite having gone the grand majority of my life without wearing a watch.

In a move that I'm sure will lead to my ultimate and untimely demise, I'm starting to look into picking up something a little dressier. Maybe a Seiko Presage or a Tissot.

7. sezna

Came in today :)

[​IMG]

nikt likes this.
  8. The906

The906 lifetime novice Contributor

Anyone rocking the Casio G Steel? I'm a simple man who usually wears a black plastic Pro Trek but looking to snazz it up.

Adieu likes this.
  9. pott

pott SS.org Regular

Aaand here it is. It's Japanese and it's Quartz. It also makes me incredibly happy to wear!
    My original top choice was the SBGN001, but those are just... gone. I tried this without much hope, but it wears just perfectly for me.

DSC_9231 (Large).JPG DSC_9235 (Large).JPG DSC_9239 (Large).JPG DSC_9242 (Large).JPG DSC_9244 (Large).JPG DSC_9252 (Large).JPG DSC_9256 (Large).JPG DSC_9258 (Large).JPG

BlackMastodon likes this.
  10. sakeido

sakeido Contributor

This question is only vaguely watch related

but me and the GF are trying to put the finishing touches on the family room. We need a big ass clock and I want it to be look like a mechanical watch, with a moving action and everything. All the ones we found local in stores looked super cheap with non-moving gears, and the ones online tend to not say if the gears move or not

Suggestions?

11. beerandbeards

beerandbeards Majestic Shoveler

Check out antique shops. I have one locally that’s has quite of collection of mechanical wall and grandfather clocks.

sakeido likes this.
  12. ramses

ramses Guitar/pizza regular

Semi-pro likes this.
  13. Semi-pro

Semi-pro SS.org Regular

If money is no option, check out the Atmos by JLC: https://www.jaeger-lecoultre.com/us/en/watches/atmos.html

14. sezna

15. protest

protest SS.org Regular

Didn't know this thread existed!

If anything is interested I might be selling a Tag Carrera Day-Date on the older Carrera bracelet for a reasonable price.

16. SamSam

SamSam GAS problems

Yesterday I bought a Black Bay 59 on a whim when I saw my local dealer had one on display.

Today my dealer calls me and tells me that my spot on the list for a new Batman jubilee has come up and it's here tomorrow...

Coincidence? I think not :lol:

pott and JSanta like this.
  17. vilk

vilk Very Regular

I keep nearly clicking this thread because I think it says Anyone Into Witches?

Not that I'm into Wicca or any silly crap like that; I just like tv/movies about witches. Like the Witches of Eastwick. Or Practical Magic. Hocus Pocus, Sabrina, Charmed...

Thank you for your time.

18. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

[​IMG]

19. beerandbeards

beerandbeards Majestic Shoveler

Definitely not coincidence. The games Rolex plays is frustrating

20. xzacx

xzacx SS.org Regular

But on the bright side, a chance to buy a Batman jubilee for retail is a game I'd be happy to play.

beerandbeards likes this.