Anyone actively Invest?

penguin_316

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You're exhausting because you cannot read and decipher the facts. Rather than dispute each item, you just say "oh yea?" and call it a day.

Those who have the most to lose, have the greatest incentive to ignore the change. You are literally a taxi driver saying Uber has no use case. Well, the market chooses the winners and losers, not you. I think we have our answer.

penguin_316

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Tell me you know nothing about Bitcoin without telling me you know nothing about Bitcoin.

jaxadam

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Ten years ago I bought some bitcoins for $70 a pop and stuck them under my bed. I know I could have put them in the bank but there’s nothing shady about hiding them under my bed, I had other currencys (sic) everywhere else so I just put them there for easy access. Anyway this chick I was dating came over and stole them and even though they’re worth about 30k a pop now, it’s all good, lessons learned all around. I did the right thing. I did her a solid. She was exhausting.

jaxadam

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You 200% (that's the growth rate right there bro) righ bro - it's mining we're talking about here, gotta CC Glencore in that memo

There’s this carpet cleaning company or flooring service or some kind of van that has been driving around here for years and they had plastered on the side “We take Bitcoin!” Imagine collecting bitcoin as payment for cleaning carpets years ago and now being a majority stakeholder in the Jacksonville Jaguars.

penguin_316

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Might be a reason ConocoPhillips, for example, is mining Bitcoin. Fidelity has been mining and intergrating it into their portfolio since 2014. I can go on and on, with more examoles but you dont actually care abkut reality. You feel youre reality is truth. Unfortunately, the exponential rise of bitcoin and the numerous "deaths" undermines your opinion. How many times can it die before it finally dies?

You know what, it's probably nothing.

Speculators just speculating, according to sevenstring finance gurus.

Last edited:

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Go figure, I would have thought the investment thread would have had less antagonism than the like politics or gun control threads. SSO always surprises.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Might be a reason ConocoPhillips, for example, is mining Bitcoin. Fidelity has been mining and intergrating it into their portfolio since 2014. I can go on and on, with more examoles but you dont actually care abkut reality. You feel youre reality is truth. Unfortunately, the exponential rise of bitcoin and the numerous "deaths" undermines your opinion. How many times can it die before it finally dies?

You know what, it's probably nothing.

Speculators just speculating, according to sevenstring finance gurus.
You know, missed this earlier - ConocoPhillips isn't actually mining bitcoin, they're selling excess gas that would otherwise be burnt off to a third party miner. They're not actually mining bitcoin themselves.

Fidelity is a bit more complex, but even then... The company has had a subsidiary that allows the firm to offer indirect crypto exposure to their clients since, I believe, 2018, and a few months ago added 2-3% exposure to crypto - again, indirectly via ETFs, and not direct holdings - to a couple of their models a few months back earlier this year, as a diversification play. That's well short of the "shit, everything we know about finance is wrong, let's go all in on crypto" attitude you're taking here, in all of your own posts. They clearly don't agree, or they wouldn't have 97-98% of these models in "traditional" financial assets.

If you think me belittling your intelligence somewhere here would make this a more persuasive post, which based on your own posts here is something you evidently feel gives a post more weight, let me know and I'll be happy to comply. :wavey:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The S&P's close today brings it more than 20% below its January 3rd high, meaning we're officially in bear market territory, on a combination of inflaiton worries and recession fears.

Bitcoin, meanwhile, I think has broken out of its trading range. :lol: Lost nearly that today.

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The S&P's close today brings it more than 20% below its January 3rd high, meaning we're officially in bear market territory, on a combination of inflaiton worries and recession fears.

Bitcoin, meanwhile, I think has broken out of its trading range. :lol: Lost nearly that today.
goodbye monies..... goodbye...

at least I don't own bitcoin or any crypto. lol

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
goodbye monies..... goodbye...

at least I don't own bitcoin or any crypto. lol
Eh, investment, unlike speculation, is a long haul event. Match your risk tolerance to your time horizon - I'm sadly still measuring my time to retirement in decades and not years, so I'm not losing much sleep over this. I've got a chunk of assets that's been sitting in cash and equivalents for much of this year anyway to try to catch the bottom, and i'm not sure we're there yet, so...

But, at the same time, we can't have an investment thread, and not post about the S&P entering a bear market. :lol:

thebeesknees22

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Eh, investment, unlike speculation, is a long haul event. Match your risk tolerance to your time horizon - I'm sadly still measuring my time to retirement in decades and not years, so I'm not losing much sleep over this. I've got a chunk of assets that's been sitting in cash and equivalents for much of this year anyway to try to catch the bottom, and i'm not sure we're there yet, so...

But, at the same time, we can't have an investment thread, and not post about the S&P entering a bear market. :lol:
haha true true
most of my investments are in retirement funds that i can't touch for a long long time so i'm not really sweating things

I just had the unfortunate timing of opening a new ETF account last fall at what turned out to be the peak lol 🤦‍♀️. On the plus side I won't need that money for quite a while. It does make me wish I would have waited though, but there was just no way to know at the time.

jaxadam

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Part of the problem with investing, even when using tax-advantaged accounts like an HSA, Roth, SEP, or traditional IRA is that it is little more than a glorified savings accounts for individuals with 1:1 time:money ratios.

It is becoming increasingly clear that building wealth is a byproduct of creating multiple streams of income. Even at a high hourly rate, trading your time for money 1-to-1 with today's expense layouts just does not produce substantial earnings/wealth; building a system of income streams (side gig products, automation, real estate rentals, etc.) is essentially the only viable solution. Hourly employees, personal trainers, real estate agents, etc. that are still implementing 1:1 time:money compensation schemes are becoming obsolete. Hourly employees, personal trainers, real estate agents, etc. that are implementing side gig products (Amazon hot sauce store, automating fitness training "subscriptions", purchasing wholesale real estate properties for rentals, etc.) will be implementing compensation schemes that will allow them the opportunity to grown exponentially and generate wealth. I've always said the best investment is in yourself.

tedtan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
When looking at salary/hourly rate for wealth building, you’ll always cap out because there are only s many hours in a week. To move beyond that, you need to either start a business where you can take part of what the employees generate or own things that make money (rental properties, businesses, software titles, patents, etc.). And, as Adam mentioned, today you’ll see things like subscriptions to a service (think online guitar lesson providers like LickLibrary and others) rather than one on one service provision when possible to increase the money generated.

But we as individuals have limited time, so there is only so much we can do without taking advantage of these other options.