Anybody listening to Jinjer?

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by littlebadboy, Nov 30, 2018.

1. littlebadboy

littlebadboy SS.org Regular

I thunk this band is full of talent. Amazing guitarist, bassist, and drummer. Great front woman too!

Roman Ibramkhalilov, Jinjer's guitarist:

And the whole band with their most popular video because it surprised viewers:

2. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

I haven't listened to a full album of theirs, mostly songs they have up on Youtube. The first one I listened was Pisces and was blown away by the performance. A singer with a great vocal range, great musicians and nice riffs. Also a black ESP Horizon with what seems to be stock SD pickups at Drop A producing such a great guitar tone? Refreshing.

3. SD83

SD83 SS.org Regular

Love them. It's always great fun to show Pices to an unsuspecting viewer/listener, especially those not that into metal :D I wouldn't be too suprised if I found them via this forum actually about 2 years back or so, because that's where I got more than half of the new bands from in the last 10 years or so, and it definitly wasn't from some friend or listening to it in a club or so... seen them live twice and they're spectacular, even better than on record, and Tatiana is one hell of a front woman. Every move, every smile, every slight variation to the songs, fits perfectly. As a bassist though, I always found me wanting chamaeleon eyes so I could focus on her and bassist Eugene at the same time. And jump around. :D It's great to see that they're getting the recognition they definitly deserve, touring the Americas, South Africa and all that.
    Last time, they opened with this one and her lows at ~4:00... that was probably the first time ever that I just stood there, jaw dropped, starring in disbelieve of what I just heard for a moment (hadn't heard that song before, not in that version, and even that recording doesn't really do it justice)

4. Nonapod

Nonapod SS.org Regular

I think her death growls are superior to Alissa from Arch Enemy. I first heard them on Liquid Metal and I thought they had two singers, I assumed a dude was doing the extreme vox.

5. SD83

SD83 SS.org Regular

While we're at it, they literally just released a new song :)

littlebadboy and BrailleDecibel like this.
  6. BrailleDecibel

BrailleDecibel Dinkleberg

Big Jinjer fan here, have been since I first heard "Sit, Stay, Roll Over" when it was first put up on YouTube, and they haven't let me down since, this brand-new tune included! :metal:

aesthyrian likes this.
  7. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Stage IV GAS

roman uses OD guitars now iirc. that's how i heard about jinjer, was through OD's instagram.

8. littlebadboy

littlebadboy SS.org Regular

They were in my area recently. In Chicago on a Sunday, and in southern Wisconsin on a Monday. I regret that I did not get to see them live. I'm already old to be caught in the middle of a slam pit (do they still do that nowadays?), I have work so I can't stay up late, and I have kids and wife who wouldn't understand this.

9. JK-PA

JK-PA SS.org Regular

Jinjer are awesome, saw them live last year, they kick ass.

10. Miek

Miek POSTING ON INTERNET

her vocals kick ass, clean and growls

11. Edika

Edika SS.org Regular

Yeah I saw that in their latest clip. But most of the previous clips and specifically those two posted above he's using the ESP and getting a heck of a tone in such a low tuning. With the new multiscale that can only improve in terms of clarity.

12. chopeth

chopeth SS.org Regular

Saw them live with Wintersun, Arch Enemy and Tribulation this year. My favourites among them in that show.

13. primitiverebelworld

primitiverebelworld SS.org Regular

What a line-up

chopeth likes this.
  14. bubucci

bubucci SS.org Regular

I saw them live in small club at the begining of year. Maybe best live show of this year. Amazing voice and very “honest” performance. 6505+ some unknown 2x12 and that Horizon with Roman precise playing...sounded almost heavenly. Unfortunatelly after 2 songs he break string a changed guitar to some Ibanez copy and “godlike” sound was away, but still much better than average Peavey/ESP users sound -:)
    Next gig near my hometown is in January with Soliwork and Amorphis. Can’t wait.

15. Xaios

Xaios Foolish Mortal Contributor

I tried listening to them when that video for "Pisces" suddenly started showing up everywhere. After a few songs my impression is that they're capable musicians playing wholly unremarkable songs (very similarly to the bassist and drummer from Mudvayne through most of their discography). Hearing that new one really sealed the deal for me. I felt like I was listening to Korn in the early 2000s again (as well as several aggressively bad metalcore bands), and not in a good way. Hey, I get that some listeners find it easy to connect to domestic abuse narratives, and who's to say that this song isn't written with absolute sincerity from a place of knowing what going through something like that feels like. However, I've yet to hear a song in that vein that impressed me from a songwriting perspective and whose only noteworthy trait wasn't limited to just being the shock value of the lyrics.

Pass.

16. Rational Gaze

Rational Gaze LithiumDawn Voicebox

Their vocalist absolutely rips. Fucking awesome.

17. Semi-pro

Semi-pro SS.org Regular

I listen to the new album every now and then. The playing and vocals are awesome and what some think they might lack in writing, they sure make up with the overall attitude!

18. Hellbound

Hellbound €£¥€£¥€£¥€£•

This played on my siriusXM radio in my vehicle today and it definitely got my attention. This is absolutely beautiful especially right at 2:53 . :cool: I have never gotten into this band but something tells me that perhaps I should. :evil:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2018
  19. crazyprofessor

crazyprofessor SS.org Regular

I just discovered this band and it is totally kicking my ass. Most sensational thing I've heard in years.

I came across jinjer randomly as I had spotify switch to "teacher, teacher" - a killer song off of their new 2019 EP.

I didn't realize at first that the screams were created by the same woman who is clean singing and it's hard to believe. Unreal actually. Her clean singing is fantastic too.

Just can't get enough of this band at the moment.

littlebadboy likes this.
  20. erdiablo666

erdiablo666 I'm from Canada...and they think I'm slow...eh

I saw them last year and was surprised/blown away at how tight they sounded. Been a fan ever since. Arguably the best vocalist in metal at the moment.

crazyprofessor likes this.