Any good Fretboard marker stickers?

Discussion in 'Beginners/FAQ' started by Mathemagician, Nov 21, 2016.

1. Mathemagician

Mathemagician SS.org Regular

Hey guys, I've picked up two guitars this year with maple fretboards and pearl inlays. It looks fantastic, but they're also impossible to see. Apparently I'm a little bitch and need fretboard markers to figure out where I am, lol.

Has anyone purchased any fretboard markers that don't mess up the fretboard/get super grimey over time?

I've done some googling and amazon has several brands for not much. Just wanted to see if anyone has done this before, as it seems it'd be a common/easy mod.

I've also considered glow in the dark tape, just don't want residue if I can help it.

2. Unleash The Fury

Unleash The Fury SS.org Regular

I got some cheap Chinese ones off of ebay. blue pearloid block stickers. I've had them for a year now. They still look as good as new. Granted I don't play that guitar everyday and have only changed the strings maybe twice since then, but they're still good!

3. Petar Bogdanov

Petar Bogdanov SS.org Regular

Just a tip because you seem concerned about goo - naphta removes that stuff safely and without fail.

4. Given To Fly

Given To Fly SS.org Regular

For the record, I used part of a post-it note for a long time. (On the side of the neck.) I have since improved the quality of me side dots. :coffee:

Real stuff:
    https://www.allparts.com/inlays-and-dots

Stickers:
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_...4,B01IY3OZ50,B01KXCCDH2,B01F7EAMYC,B01KZTCKKI

5. Webmaestro

Webmaestro Ibanez Fanatic