Another suggest 7 string bands thread

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by Blind Tortuga, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Blind Tortuga

Blind Tortuga Member

Thats dope bro, wicked album art too. Are they Indian? If did u shoot that live footage?

2. Blind Tortuga

Blind Tortuga Member

wow i quite like this Arjen Lucassen tune. I indeed do like me some cheesy sci fi music. Wicked synth stuff in that one.

3. Blind Tortuga

Blind Tortuga Member

ty ill check them out!

TY!

4. Drew

Drew Forum MVP

No, I don't really listen to a ton of jazz, and what I do listen to is driven more by the artist than the number of strings on a guitar. If you want to listen to more jazz, aside from some of the classics in the genre (if you have any interest in jazz and don't own "Kind of Blue," you don't actually have any interest in jazz), I'd say as a guitarist Kenny Burrell's "Midnight Blue" is a must-listen.

I strongly disagree that seven strings sound different than sixes due to "scale length and other factors" - I play 25.5" sevens, there are a ton of 27" or greater six strings, and while you could argue that a seven string RG has a slightly different sound than a six string RG due to the extra mass in the neck, a guitar with a thicker neck will do exactly the same thing, too. I was primarily a seven string player starting when I got my first in 2002, I think, and these days I don't know if I would call myself primarily a seven OR a six player - at the end of the day, a guitar is a guitar and the amount of strings on the neck only matters in a handful of very specific situations.

5. TheShreddinHand

TheShreddinHand Uber Stringer

I forgot that most of the last three James LaBrie solo albums were in drop A.

6. Rosal76

Rosal76 SS.org Regular

Unfortunately, Christian developed Focal dystonia, a neurologic condition that affects his fretting hand, in 2011. He had to re-learn quite a bit from not being able to use his middle finger. The glove is supposed to help but not sure how.

7. Apex1rg7x

Apex1rg7x Agent of Chaos

Early stuff was drop A I think but they are mainly drop G now.

sleewell likes this.
  8. Addie5150

Addie5150 Amidst the chaos

Did not shoot the footage
    I play guitars in the band:D
    Yes we are from Mumbai. India

9. Metropolis

Metropolis SS.org Regular

Marco Sfogli is a great player :agreed: