Another Megadeth Post of Ellefson.

WarMachine

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
my-gawd.gif

evade

enthusiast
Reaction score
Metal is honestly the last place I'd expect drama...

bracky

Contributor
Reaction score
Chris Poland was my favorite. Check out his old band Damn the Machine. They only had one album but it was incredible.

tedtan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Chris Poland was my favorite. Check out his old band Damn the Machine. They only had one album but it was incredible.
He also put out a pretty cool instrumental album, Return to Metalopolis, before putting Damn the Machine together:

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
The new Megadeth is pretty good.

Out of all the people who have come and gone in Megadeth, it's puzzling to me why people are still talking about Dave Jr.

Anyway, MAGAdeth parody song: Pence Sells, But Who's Biden? Funny or horrible? :lol:

mastapimp

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
He also put out a pretty cool instrumental album, Return to Metalopolis, before putting Damn the Machine together:

Return to Metalopolis is my favorite of his, but he's put out a bunch of music since. Chasing the Sun is great, as is his fusion band Ohm.

tedtan

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The new Megadeth is pretty good.

Out of all the people who have come and gone in Megadeth, it's puzzling to me why people are still talking about Dave Jr.

Anyway, MAGAdeth parody song: Pence Sells, But Who's Biden? Funny or horrible? :lol:
Option 3 - it’s so horrible its funny.

Return to Metalopolis is my favorite of his, but he's put out a bunch of music since. Chasing the Sun is great, as is his fusion band Ohm.
I knew about Ohm, but missed Chasing the Sun. I’ll have to check that one out.

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score

"It's really unfortunate that [James] wasn't on the record, but at the time when everything happened, all I wanted to do was just move on. The time had come. And there had been enough stuff that had led up to where it just was time."

I think this pretty much confirms that Dave was looking for any excuse to get rid of Ellefson.

manu80

Jackson for life !
Reaction score
Should we make a topic each time a band member is fired ?We could talk Evanescence, FFDP….
Megadeth is Dave’s project. It’s been from the beginning, so …and from a business pov, guess he had to do it…

Last edited:

p0ke

7-string guitard
Reaction score
Should we make a topic each time a band member is fired ?

Where's the Megadeth megathread anyway? There's a whole bunch of related threads that could be combined into one. There's like 4-5 about Ellefson's endeavours, one about Mustaine's guitars, etc...

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Where's the Megadeth megathread anyway? There's a whole bunch of related threads that could be combined into one. There's like 4-5 about Ellefson's endeavours, one about Mustaine's guitars, etc...
Megadeth is too mega for a megathread. Maybe a megadethhypermegasubforum?

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Fuck that (literal) noise, keep him in Slayer where he belongs. I can only imagine how many great Megadeth songs would've been either ruined or drastically changed if he was part of the band.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Fuck that (literal) noise, keep him in Slayer where he belongs. I can only imagine how many great Megadeth songs would've been either ruined or drastically changed if he was part of the band.
Sorry...more of a Slayer fan than Megadeth and I just can't stop thinking how awesome Slayer could have been without that dead weight

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry...more of a Slayer fan than Megadeth and I just can't stop thinking how awesome Slayer could have been without that dead weight

:rofl:

Kerry's like the James Corden of heavy metal then, fans of his original band don't want him, nor do the fans of the band he could've stayed in.