Another mass shooting in America

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
OP has THEE worst username for this thread -.-

But my heart goes out to everyone involved out there :/ this world is coming to shit.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Agree 100%

I cannot believe that when CHILDREN were lost for no reason everyone wants to talk about gun control no matter your argument...

It's because guns are the most efficient way of killing people, and the killer (killers? according to one report) could not have killed anywhere near as many people if there weren't guns.

No-one talks about 25 people dying after a guy goes on a knife rampage.

Bloodbath Salt

Title-less
Reaction score
The only role for gun control advocates is being a human shield, when the bullets start firing. Hypothetically speaking, if all firearms became illegal to buy or possess, it wouldn't decrease the amount of firearms that already exist. If it were up to me, it'd be legal to carry an RPG for self-defense.

As for preventing or dealing with random mass murders, is to use ancient Roman forms of punishment. As in, the CO shooter should be publicly tortured/execution, and this guy's body should be mutilated and his head on a pike. The Romans also used the execution of one's entire family as a deterrent.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
My condolences to all of those affected by this tragedy. However taking guns away from lawful citizens will not stop things like this from happening in any way. Criminals will still obtain guns and commit crimes. Banning guns all together does nothing but make law abiding civilians unable to protect themselves, their families and their homes. Meth is illegal. I guess that why there's not a huge meth epidemic across the country..... Oh wait.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
T What is someone going to do with an automatic put 16 bullets in a deer? I see no civilian need/ use for an automatic. They're designed not just to kill, but kill numerous people in a short period of time.

Automatic weapons are not legal in the US.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Criminals will still obtain guns and commit crimes. Banning guns all together does nothing but make law abiding civilians unable to protect themselves, their families and their homes. Meth is illegal. I guess that why there's not a huge meth epidemic across the country..... Oh wait.

So your proposed solution is...?

sawtoothscream

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
You cant unarm law abiding citizen because a few psychopaths use firearms to kill. If thats how things work cars, knifes, pillows, hammers, bats etc... should be banned since they are frequently used as well. Disarming makes things worse, most of the people in gun crimes are not using registered guns as far as I know, so what good would it do to unarm the good guys and leave the bad guys with guns? Lets look at how many times guns have saved lives as well. Blame the person not the weapon used

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You cant unarm law abiding citizen because a few psychopaths use firearms to kill. If thats how things work cars, knifes, pillows, hammers, bats etc... should be banned since they are frequently used as well. Disarming makes things worse, most of the people in gun crimes are not using registered guns as far as I know, so what good would it do to unarm the good guys and leave the bad guys with guns? Lets look at how many times guns have saved lives as well. Blame the person not the weapon used

weapons.png

Also, so your proposed alternative is...?

Furtive Glance

It's cold and there are wolves after me...
Reaction score
What a cowardly fucking piece of shit.

And that's all I have to say about that.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
This is so horrible and my heart goes out to the victims and their families. Eleven days before Christmas too. :(

I consider myself a moderate on gun control. I'm all for Americans having the right to own and carry a holstered firearm, but only after passing very stringent background checks, mental health screenings, and firearm safety courses.
Basically you have to prove that you are mentally fit to earn the right to carry. Just giving a gun out to any crazy asshole out there is going to lead to crap like this. Yes, criminals can still obtain weapons illegally. I have no delusions regarding that; however, the idea is to make that more difficult for them.

I also agree with GoH; there is no legitimate need for automatic rifles. Ever. Or hollow point bullets. It's not like deer and bears are gonna start donning kevlar and waging an epic final solution on all humans. (although shit like this that happens kinda makes me wish that WERE the case) Keep that shit to single shot (semi-automatic at absolute max) and normal ammo. :2c:

fps

Kit
Reaction score
Gun laws prevent shootings? Please, tell me more about how criminals follow laws.

List of countries by firearm-related death rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are criminals in every country. If the police have guns, the criminals feel it is more necessary to have guns too. That's how it is. I'm from the UK. The police aren't armed, the public aren't armed, and yet innocent people aren't regularly getting shot to hell left right and centre. How can this be?

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
Attempting to institute gun control in the US would be nothing short of hubris. There are too many registered firearms to even begin to start, let alone the tens of millions of unregistered guns floating around out there. While I believe that gun control works and support fully the way we do things up north here with access to firearms, especially handguns, requiring far more thought, effort, and red tape than what Americans have to go through, we still have mass shootings. We still have gang warfare with unregistered guns. We still have unhinged people doing horrible things to other people. And, as a society, we will always have sociopaths.

In Norway, they have outstanding gun control, didn't stop a right-wing Christian fundamentalist on a cultural cleansing bent from blowing up a building and killing 77 people over the course of an hour an a half. Could that have ended sooner if there was a guy with a conceal and carry permit on that island? You'd sure like to think so, but read on:

There have been very few incidents where a gun-toting private citizen has stopped a mass killing. Here's a neat link on that: Auditing Shooting Rampage Statistics - Daily Anarchist - not sure how reliable the data is, but out of 15 mass shootings stopped by private citizens since the 60's, 5 were stopped by someone carrying a gun and 10 were stopped by people tackling the lunatic.

People kill people. Sometimes they use guns to do it. Everyone got on Bob Costas last week for quoting Jason Whitlock on air regarding the murder-suicide perpetrated by Kansas City Chiefs player Jovan Belcher. Whitlock stated that if Belcher didn't have access to a gun, he and his girlfriend might both still be alive today. Yeah, probably true, but how do you keep the guns out of the hands of people without the emotional tools to deal with societal/familial pressures?

There is no solution. We live right on top of each other. We smell bad, we act poorly, we do things no human should be proud of. We are a flawed species that thinks too much, does too little, hates too easily, loves too guardedly, and we are prone to blind fits of inconsolable rage. It looks like the perpetrator of this horrible incident is the 20 year old father of 3 children in that school. As a father of young children, how? What could be that wrong in life that you'd go shoot up your kids' school? We can never understand. And it will be repeated and there is the square root of sweet fuck all that anybody can do about it.

fps

Kit
Reaction score
This is so horrible and my heart goes out to the victims and their families. Eleven days before Christmas too. :(

I consider myself a moderate on gun control. I'm all for Americans having the right to own and carry a holstered firearm, but only after passing very stringent background checks, mental health screenings, and firearm safety courses.
Basically you have to prove that you are mentally fit to earn the right to carry. Just giving a gun out to any crazy asshole out there is going to lead to crap like this. Yes, criminals can still obtain weapons illegally. I have no delusions regarding that; however, the idea is to make that more difficult for them.

I also agree with GoH; there is no legitimate need for automatic rifles. Ever. Or hollow point bullets. It's not like deer and bears are gonna start donning kevlar and waging an epic final solution on all humans. (although shit like this that happens kinda makes me wish that WERE the case) Keep that shit to single shot (semi-automatic at absolute max) and normal ammo. :2c:

I agree with what you say, but it would appear in your country criminals don't NECESSARILY have to do anything illegally, unless they're after automatic weapons. I think a good start is to make it very difficult for criminals to obtain guns legally, and make it very difficult for would-be criminals to have any first contact with guns.

TIBrent

Drop Z regular
Reaction score
So heart breaking :( I have a little girl who is going into Kindergarten next fall, which is where this idiot began to open fire. I don't understand humanity. These poor families, god bless each & every one of them.
-Brent

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
There is enough ammo on this earth to last hundreds of years. There are still billions of rounds left over from both World Wars and Vietnam. Making guns and ammo illegal, once again WILL NOT stop killers and phychopaths from obtaining them. I wish I had a solution to stop people from being crazy and or being criminals, but sorry I do not. But making it so civilians can't defend themselves isn't going to stop these events from happening. Rarely in crime are guns obtained legally.