Empryrean

angery gear acquirer
Reaction score
slowly checking off my list of anime I should have seen by now.
I watched all of NGE's anime and am starting the rebuild movies later.
I have to say it's refreshing to see something thats a bit older and touted to be so great actually live up to the hype. the last few episodes were a clusterfuck but the overall tone shift in the middle felt okay with shinji as the throughline for most pitiable sadboy. can't wait to tackle the rebuild movies

KnightBrolaire

mass cultivator
Reaction score
I'm cruising through Heavy Metal Bastard. It's pervy, immature and tons of fun, especially how all the spells are band names like dio, yngwie, rainbow, voivod, impelliteri, megadeth, etc

Last edited:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm cruising through Heavy Metal Bastard. It's pervy, immature and tons of fun, especially how all the spells are band names like dio, yngwie, rainbow, voivod, impelliteri, megadeth, etc
Well this is one I'd never heard of. Sounds fun :lol: might add it to my list of anime to EVENTUALLY watch. Like, before I die. Hopefully.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Well this is one I'd never heard of. Sounds fun :lol: might add it to my list of anime to EVENTUALLY watch. Like, before I die. Hopefully.
To be honest, considering the manga and the OVA has been around forever, I'm surprised it took this long for a TV series, let alone reviving the property.

I haven't seen it myself (will eventually) but if it's like the original, it'll be loads of fun.

works0fheart

Tike Myson
Reaction score
Just got caught up on One Punch Man finally (the manga). It's been building to a pretty big fight for a while and it finally reached it. If you're familiar with the series then it's about as over-the-top as you'd expect but I absolutely loved it. The art is probably the best in the business right now.

Also trying to give Demon Slayer a chance again. My wife and I really enjoyed the show when we first started it a few years ago but we both felt that it got derailed to the point that it was ruined by the blonde haired kid with the orange outfit and the Pig-headed guy. They're so relentlessly annoying that whatever redeeming parts of it were hard to even appreciate when they came in.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Just got caught up on One Punch Man finally (the manga). It's been building to a pretty big fight for a while and it finally reached it. If you're familiar with the series then it's about as over-the-top as you'd expect but I absolutely loved it. The art is probably the best in the business right now.

Also trying to give Demon Slayer a chance again. My wife and I really enjoyed the show when we first started it a few years ago but we both felt that it got derailed to the point that it was ruined by the blonde haired kid with the orange outfit and the Pig-headed guy. They're so relentlessly annoying that whatever redeeming parts of it were hard to even appreciate when they came in.

I like Zenitsu (the blonde) and he starts out annoying but I feel like he does get better; I hope they land somewhere in the middle with him where he's able to just flip the switch of his Hashira mode, as it is an interesting dynamic for a character. Not crazy about the boar head though, Inosuke I think is his name?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I just finished Odd Taxi and it was too good. I was surprised how much I enjoyed the dub.

Did you listen to the dub on Netflix? If so, I'm annoyed since there's no dub options in Japan.

Spaced Out Ace

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I are likely going to start Hellsing and the sequel (I forget the name) for spooky season.

KnightBrolaire

mass cultivator
Reaction score
Started up the Cyberpunk anime and it's pretty slick. Very gory, tons of sex/nudity, and nails the overall vibe of the game while telling a separate story in the universe.

zodiactone

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
The last anime show I watched was Vampire Hunter D, my daughter is super into Attack on Titan right now