Anime/manga megathread

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by Fat-Elf, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace $$60,000,000,000

They spent 24 episodes talking about the Seven Deadly Sins and you only meat I think 5 of them in season one of the namesake show. "Nice first season! ...wait, where are the other sins?"

2. MFB

MFB Banned

Finished S1 of Demon Slayer

So, two of the original twelve Kizuki were defeated - one by Tanjiro/Nezuko outside Ms. Tamayo's house (the six armed chick) and then the other in the woods by Tomioka, and then at the end the Demon Leader straight up kills five more of them saying they don't serve a purpose as they rotate so often. So it seems like for season two, they'll see some of the Kizuki more often and not be defeated so easily if it's down to the top five remaining members.

I did like at the end we see more of the Hashira and the Demon Corps members, Insect Hashira might be my favorite at the moment. The Wind Hashira is a little too much for my taste, and the whole Nezuko trial was obviously rigged as they were provoking her to begin with on top of just presenting her with blood. If they leaned into that I would've ended it right there. I'm hoping that Zenitsu's personalities start to merge a bit more, and they tone down his fear/anxieties over being a slayer; but that said I do like the idea of a slayer who has to sort of flip that switch to do what he does. It's like it's against everything he stands for and therefore can't do it "himself" so someone else has to take over as him.

Thankfully, I was also wrong about what I thought was going to be the direction they went. In the beginning, they don't show The Demon Corps Master's face, nor do they show the Demon Leader's (Muzan) so I was like "Oh, these are obviously going to be the same guy and they're kept at arms length so they never catch on and he keeps power by not letting any one demon get too powerful or he kills them." But nope, they're straight up different people.

I'll get around to Mugen Train when I hear S2 will actually be dropping, but for now it's on to something else.

3. Spaced Out Ace

Where is Demon Slayer?

4. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire \[T]/

hulu, netflix and crunchyroll iirc

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  5. MFB

MFB Banned

Not so fast mister, no Demon Slayer for you until you finish all that Trigun

Alberto7 likes this.
  6. Spaced Out Ace

I was adding it to the list. My girlfriend and I are finishing up Cowboy Beepbop (because apparently people on the YouTubes can't pronounce Bebop) and Trigun. I think I am on or around episode 16-17.

7. MFB

MFB Banned

I tried watching Gundam Unicorn and it just wasn't doing anything for me after finishing DS, so like the pleb that I am, I'm rewatching Sword Art Online :lol:

8. Spaced Out Ace

I finished Trigun, though I need to go back a few episodes, as I feel I missed a couple things.

There was a couple things I disliked, but not enough to affect my enjoyment or view of the anime. Overall, 9.5/10. I docked it slightly because someone died, and I like the character.

9. CovertSovietBear

CovertSovietBear Lord Bagel Supreme

I skipped through Unicorn and watched all the fighting scenes, which made me go back and start watching G Gundam again ha

10. MFB

MFB Banned

Shit man, I WISH we got more series like G Gundam; it was so unlike the rest of the series which is bogged down in space politics, whereas G Gundam is just like "Here, big dumb robots fighting each other every episode, AND THEY'RE THEMED. ENJOY!"

I don't recall but I can't remember if he dies in the manga, but yeah, I'm a big fan of NDW but I accept his death in the story; I love the god damn Peacekeeper so much, "it's so heavy because it's so full of mercy" (read as: pistols)

11. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Gundam has always been about space politics as much as giant mecha. Been so from the very beginning. Even Fighter G, which the entire premise is completely politically driven. Countries just sort their political and social status and dominance like Street Fighter.

12. CovertSovietBear

CovertSovietBear Lord Bagel Supreme

Loved G Gundam, super hype. Iron Blooded Orphans was the most recent one I enjoyed, a lot better than the one where they loaded up into a videogame, albeit the fighting sequences were also good in that one.

13. Spaced Out Ace

Millie is voiced by the same woman who does that Judy babe in Cowboy Bebop.

14. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire \[T]/

rewatching Parasyte again. The body horror and transformation sequences are so goddamn good.

15. Andromalia

Andromalia Pardon my french

Heike Monogatari: watch it.
    It's a historical anime based on another time period than the sengoku jidai. :halleluja:
    It happens at the time of the retired emperors, you might have some trouble with all the name dropping (there's a lot) since most people are unfamiliar with that time period but the show is reaaaaaally good. (There's no combat, it's a drama, don't expect a shonen in the 1200s.)

Heike monogatari is a japanese litterature classic on the level of the Song of Roland in terms of historical importance and widespread recognition. Every japanese know about it, hence why very little background and explanations are provided. You're supposed to know X is the emperor, Y the retired emperor and so on.

16. Empryrean

Empryrean Constantly Gassing

Just recently finished up Vivy. I am really glad I checked it out, would absolutely recommend it to anyone who liked Nier Automata

17. MFB

MFB Banned

I decided to give Kill La Kill a shot as I needed something light this weekend, not bad but it's a little out there; I'm sure 99%, if not 100% of it is intentional jabs at the tropes but it's at a point where I'm thinking they've done it enough, so just stop using it or commit to having it in there as non-satire.

18. jahosy

jahosy SS.org Regular

Part of the reason why I love AoT, is their amazing soundtrack.

Can't wait for the final season to conclude, plus a movie length finale.