Anime/manga megathread

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by Fat-Elf, Jan 28, 2013.

1. wat

wat SS.org Regular

Calling all Fate-hoes!

Just watched episode "0" of The Case Files of Lord El-Melloi II on Crunchy roll. It's about Waver from Fate Zero!

Pretty good so far and I'm pretty pumped for this.

Notice the shirt waiver is wearing :D

Screenshot_20190121-141246_Chrome.jpg dycuvv1.png

2. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Hmmm

http://www.otakuusamagazine.com/fate-studio-ufotable-suspected-tax-evasion/

Either way that sucks.

Also now I've seen the last 3 episodes of High Score Girl while reading the Manga. There's a few things truncated (much of Makoto Ono's story, which is a shame as she's an interesting character), but the overall payoff was excellent. The 1-2-3 fighting game duel between Yaguchi and Hidaka and the build up to it, was excellent. Not only it captures how tense a fighting game tournament can be, it made me want to play Night Warriors again. :lol: Though because the last 3 episodes didn't really feel too different, I wish they released them as a whole last year so at least if feels like a full body of work. The series does end on an open note for possible future seasons. Not sure how that's going to work with the manga finished, but I'm excited to see either way.

3. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Chronic GAS

watching Prison School. It's fucking hilarious but also super pervy

coffeeflush likes this.
  4. Alberto7

Alberto7 Sillygoose Engineering

It's been a while.
    Do I still watch anime? Barely. Do I still relate with the general community? Sort of. Have I become a normie? Borderline.
    Do I feel like watching more anime? You bet!

A lot has happened over the last 2 years and I've really shifted my focus away from anime, guitar, and, sadly, the SSO community. But that doesn't mean I don't still enjoy all of it.

After skipping it last year due to a lack of time and motivation, I decided to go to Otakuthon this year. (Montreal anime con.) I went with a couple of friends all three days of it. Having been away for so long and diving in head-first into it was a bag of mixed feelings for me. Seeing the same thing through different eyes and all. I disliked some of it, I appreciated the rest. The anime industry moves at a frenetic pace and there's no way in hell I'm keeping up with it, so a lot of it flew right over my head. On top of that, I feel like the anime community around here has turned somewhat political, which I quite dislike. Naturally, my mind and body resisted. At times, the whole thing felt like a drag and I questioned my position being there.

With that said, now that the con is over, I'm feeling quite nostalgic, and I'm missing being part of that community. I may try to make it a bit more of a habit to delve in a little more. I have quite a backlog of anime that I should get to, (don't we all?) but I want to watch something new. I know I can trust you guys for this, so I come to you for recommendations on what I should update myself on? (And, for the love of Lord Vai, don't tell me My Hero Academia... I first need to forget that the fandom exists.) The only new-ish (not really) thing that I've watched recently was Violet Evergarden... which I haven't finished because each episode emotionally fucks me up more than the last.

Other than that, something very noteworthy that happened at the con was the Miyavi concert, which was a friggin' blast. I've been listening to the guy very sparsely over the last 11-12 years or so, and it was great to be able to finally see him live. Hell of a guitarist, hell of a performer, and a man with a musical output far more varied than most musicians I've seen. Not your typical J-Rock artist, I would say.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1SNTFNl5HS/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Bloody_Inferno likes this.
  5. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

You saw Miyavi live? I'm now super jealous. :squint:

6. Kaura

Kaura matching headstocks <3

Man, I forgot about this thread. :lol:

Haven't really watched much during the past few years. I kinda miss being in high school with way too much time on my hands. Nowadays anime just feels like a waste of time since most of it isn't actually worth watching and pretty much only serves as a way to pass time (for those who has it).

Finally picked up the season 3 of Shingeki no Kyojin, though. This might be the most addicting season so far. So many plot twists and turns and I'm only 3 episodes in.

7. NotDonVito

NotDonVito ouch!

I'm more into anime for aesthetic reasons now than actually watching it cause i do agree that it gets boring after a while. I got anime stickers on all my shit, and I've developed an interest in kigurumi recently. Not the pajamas, like the people who wear suits to make themselves look like anime characters. The problem is that 99% of these costumes are fucking creepy, but there's this one character called tsukaka uduki who has this cool robot girl suit. She's a mascot for some theater company in Japan iirc, so it's completely custom made, probably super expensive.
    [​IMG]

I would love to have something like this. I want to see a band wear robot girl suits and play like cool techno metal or something.

8. coffeeflush

coffeeflush SS.org Regular

Bungou stray dogs,
    its kind of goofy but pretty good

9. couverdure

couverdure No Gear Day

I'm 16 episodes deep into Kimetsu no Yaiba and it's pretty great for a Shonen Jump manga adaptation, especially with its animation done by ufotable (Fate/Zero and F/SN UBW's studio).

I also watched Weathering With You with my mom at a theater yesterday and it looked beautiful on the big screen. As expected from a Makoto Shinkai movie.

I've heard that the skin-toned spandex suits worn by kigurumi costumers can get hot as hell after a while because of the super tight cloth covering all over the body skin.

10. Adieu

Adieu SS.org Regular

Guuuuuys

It's okay to graduate to manga and then even (gasp) seinen manga at some point you know???

Preferably before age 40!

11. Alberto7

Alberto7 Sillygoose Engineering

Yah man, that guy's guitar playing is friggin' tight. His live vocals can be somewhat rough sometimes, but he's so energetic and engaging that his voice cracking is more charming than anything. He just runs around like a child, rocks out like Angus Young, and poses dramatically like every other over-the-top cheesy K-Pop dancer. It's no wonder he pants while singing. :lol:

Only thing that disappointed me is that he didn't play Selfish Love. That's the song that introduced me to him back in 2008-9 and the guitar intro is just so saucy.

Bloody_Inferno likes this.
  12. KnightBrolaire

KnightBrolaire Chronic GAS

Junji Ito's Uzumaki is getting an animated adaptation on Toonami.