Anime/manga megathread

Discussion in 'Movies, Books, TV & Media' started by Fat-Elf, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Alberto7

Alberto7 Sillygoose Engineering

^ Say goodbye to your emotional profile as you currently know it.

2. oracles

oracles Australian in Canada

I did this after how much my girlfriend loves it, I loved it. Granted, it's the only anime I've ever watched, but it was overall fantastic.

Really though.

3. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

Thanks to everyone on the internet's inability to NOT point out that it gets pretty heavy, if not spoiling it outright, I think my emotional profile won't be as damaged as that of someone going in unaware.

4. Alberto7

Well, the fact that it gets pretty heavy is more a warning than a spoiler, really, and it doesn't change its impact, but any more details than that and yeah. Still though, watch it if only because the plot and storytelling are wonderfully executed, because it is aesthetically beautiful, and because it will still kill a little piece of your soul anyway.

5. Cynic

Cynic Bored Stiff

finished durarara!!x2 today and sad to say that it doesn't match up to the first series in quality.

6. Alberto7

There's another one I oughtta watch. Will this must-watch list ever end?! :lol: :/

7. Bloody_Inferno

Bloody_Inferno Silence is Violence

Not a chance. Even whilst I'm catching up for lost time (at a alarmingly fast and concerning rate), I still have a must-watch list spanning 3 and a half decades. :lol:

It's fun trying though.

8. Grand Moff Tim

Grand Moff Tim Some call me... Tim

Oh, I wasn't saying you specifically spoiled it, but plenty of other people on the webz have had no qualms about it. Generally, though, even the people who don't spoil it outright tend to be unable to resist some version of pointing out that it's "not just another magic girl anime" :lol::lol::lol:.

I'm sure there will still be some emotional impact, but I do think the impact is lessened when you know something's coming, even with only a nebulous idea. That's one reason I tend to avoid nearly everything that everybody is in to/talking about on social media. It isn't because I'm 2 kool 4 skool or anything, I just like to wait until hype dies down so I can watch stuff in more of a vacuum.

And yeah, I'm still going to watch it anyway. Not tonight, though, apparently. Kissanime is being dumb and not loading anything I want to watch. Hope sh!t's sorted out by the weekend.

9. habicore_5150

habicore_5150 El Psy Congroove

How I spent the first evening of the month

[​IMG]

And yes, that is Pizza Hut that I have sitting on my lap, with Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion on the screen, which is advertising Pizza Hut

10. Bloody_Inferno

:lol:

Straight up product placements in anime make me laugh.

[​IMG]

...and now I want pizza.

11. habicore_5150

You're welcome :D
    Dunno what's going to be the next anime that carries some kind of product placement

12. Alberto7

Omega good job! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0kaAl5v0AA (not embedding because NSFW)

Good choice of anime. Good choice of pizza. Very meta. I like your post.

13. habicore_5150

No Game, No Life is one that I'm gonna have to start at one point
    Technically, continue since I've only seen about 10 mins or so of the first episode, but still

14. Alberto7

Me too, and I just had a giant pizza during a lecture at school, which I didn't even share with anyone because I'm a hungry, hungry hippo.

15. Don Vito

Don Vito SS.org Regular

Bakuon!! is trying to get otaku's out of the house and buying motorcycles. All the bikes in the show are real life brands and models

I mean, I'm sure some guys got deeper into car culture when Initial D came out. And then there's the itasha scene. :wub:
    [​IMG]

I would so put Asuka on my Volkswagen. She belongs on an emission rigged German vehicle.

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
  16. habicore_5150

I don't drive, but if I did, I kinda wanna see either Rei or Shinji on there and fight the urge to claw at my screen :lol:

17. Bloody_Inferno

:lol: I ended up with a pizza sub on the way home. Close enough...

Also, if you haven't already, you need to add Le Petite De Portrait Cossette to your list. It's only 3 episodes so you'll get through it quickly. To reiterate, refer to this post.

18. Don Vito

Don Vito SS.org Regular

Okay, so Dragon Ball Super hasn't been that great so far. I kind of stopped watching after the tournament arc. I thought they would do something interesting with the whole alternate universe thing, but they didn't. Like, at all.

I have seen one or two episodes since then, the whole super human water thing. Kind of stupid, but very Dragon Ball lol.

So the next arc starts up soon(Sunday I think), and they just released the trailer.

So yeah it's got something to do with Future Trunks from Dragon Ball Z, but what's odd is the inclusion of Mai, a villain from Dragon Ball. If you watched the recent movies, you'll know that Mai got turned into a child, and is Kid Trunk's "girlfriend". I'm guessing this is how they tied her into all this, but it's still very strange, especially considering that in Trunk's original timeline, she would be an old lady like she appeared in Dragon Ball GT. Not that I'm complaining, she looks badass, and has a very different style from most other characters in the series with her 60's military fashion.

And lastly, the villian was revealed early on to be a black clad evil Goku. It's not confirmed whether it's Goku or just some other Saiyan that looks like Goku(sort of like Turles from the Tree of Might movie). But it's most likely some alternate dimension Goku(or Kakarot I should say) that didn't undure brain damage to his hard wired Saiyan battle instinct. But that still doesn't explain how Trunks is there, since Vegeta wouldn't have hooked up with Bulma in this case.

An interesting theory I have bumping around in my head, is that this version of Trunks is a normal human with no Saiyan DNA. One of the most notable differences between this Trunks and the one we all know is that his hair is purely blue like his mother's, and not purple. Also, in the trailer, he doesn't use any special powers, only his sword. This leads me to believe that he literally can't fight Kakarot, and has to use Bulma's time machine to summon the Z fighters from the current Super timeline. This also baffles me, because literally any character from this timeline would wipe the floor with this new vanilla evil Goku. There's also speculation that they aren't using the Super timeline at all, since normal Goku is wearing his classic Gi in the trailer.

I don't know, we'll see. I'm very excited for this.

edit: I also wanted to add that my initial theory on this evil Goku is probably wrong. I forgot to mention that in a magazine ad, he was wearing a Potara ear ring, which raises so many more questions than it answers.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  19. zerofocus

zerofocus SS.org Regular

Apologies this has already been said (only just seen that we even have this thread)

But how are people watching dragon ball super? is it only available in Japan?

also how are people reviewing the show?

been interested in watching it but had no means to watch it kinda thing

thanks

20. Don Vito

Don Vito SS.org Regular

The only way to watch outside of Japan with sub titles is through torrents. If you know Japanese, there are 2 Blu Ray releases iirc.

dragon ball - NT > Search