Andy Mckee-Drifting (Metal Version)

Cyanide_Anima

Weeee!
Reaction score
Pretty cool! That song is so awesome. Hearing a metal version and it still being recognizable is pretty awesome too!

Matt-Hatchett

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey, to each their own.

I liked it a lot. Andy Mckee did as well. He posted on the guy's video and even shared it with his Facebook Fans. I'm a huge fan of both Genre's, so this was pretty interesting in my book.

Dead Undead

New again
Reaction score
What was that? Sorry, wasn't listening, I was too busy drooling over the Charvel.

EDIT:
after watching Andy's vid again, it still amazes me what he does with an acoustic. and Mark Kroos as well.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think it was a good cover - plus he plays a Charvel :wub:

Also unlike a lot of the shit threads that get demoted from General Music Discussion to OT - this one deserves to be bumped up to General Music. :yesway:

Psychobuddy

edxgxsrfrz
Reaction score
I think it was a good cover - plus he plays a Charvel :wub:

Also unlike a lot of the shit threads that get demoted from General Music Discussion to OT - this one deserves to be bumped up to General Music. :yesway:

I love you today!

Otherwise I thought the metal video was pretty cool, and well played.

Matt-Hatchett

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I was just impressed that he even thought to do a metal version of this song. That's the very last thing going through my mind when I'm listening to Andy Mckee. Haha

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
If this were done by some random kid who played on an out of tune Dean coupled with some cheap ass drum machine, then I'd be the one to hate. Instead he plays on a badass Charvel, and actually pulls it off tastefully while adding his own flavor to it. So I can't say anything bad about this except he does a great job!

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
So, I saw this and I thought 'oh god, this can't be good' but decided I had to check it out anyway. I got halfway in and I was like, 'hey, this is pretty good. I feel like I've seen that guitar before though... OMG its Raz!' :rolleyes: I've been watching this dude for a while. Big fan of his stuff but I've never come across this video before. Thanks for posting! :hbang:

Xherion

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I enjoyed it. He picks really hard or really exaggerates his picking motion.

Arranarra

Akord
Reaction score
Pretty decent. Don't usually like this sort of stuff but seeing as it's one of Andy's tunes and pulled off very well i like it. :)

I'd like to see Bulb of Periphery hone in on this. That would be Saweeeet!

Fred the Shred

Shrederick
Reaction score
Honestly, I find a really clever take, with a certain nod to the days of spandex and way too much hairspray - I'm always into clever arrangements, and if I want to hear the essence preserved, guess what, I listen to the actual artist who composed and recorded the track. :)

AWAX

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Seems pretty cool, but he isn't playing every part of the song at once, which is what I love about Andy McKee's pieces. Its a nice nod though.

Matt-Hatchett

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just like that he was tasteful in his arrangement. He has good tone and nice equipment. That's usually the very opposite of how things like this usually turn out.