ANDROID ROOT!!!!! calling all moblie intelligence.

Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by aslsmm, Mar 11, 2011.

1. aslsmm

aslsmm Banned

hey guys. so i have spent the last 3 days trying to root my phone. i FINALLY DID IT!!! i have a i9000. i needed to download z4 root to my laptop then send it to me external sd card. then i neede to install it in to my phone from there. it was a major pain in the ass. now i am getting ready to attempt a clowckwork update (i accidentally deleted my last one hehe) and a gingerbread firmware install. i am in touch with mobil programer. the dude is a genius. so i will have my hand held the whole way. i guess this thread is for android users that hack the shit out of their phones. what set ups do you use and what have you learned.

my set up:
    gingerbread firmware
    clockwork app (makes your phone able to download shit.
    segaoid, i download all my roms to my lptop in apk format. then i upload them to my sd card

any wya lemme know what you all are doing.

2. Razzy

Razzy [10]

I used to hack the shit out of my phones. (My HTC's running Windows Mobile 6.5 in particular,) but I haven't found the need with my Droid. It does everything I need it to do already, and runs perfectly fine.

3. Blake1970

Blake1970 SS.org Regular

I have a rooted HTC Magic with CyanogenMod 6 on it. I went to the unlockr to figure out how to do it. Works great!

4. reguv760

reguv760 SS.org Regular

I have a Samsung Vibrant [US ver. of the I9000 for T-Mo] and had it since Sept; had it rooted a couple days of owning it but kept it mainly stock. Never flashed any ROM until a couple weeks ago... I'm pretty sure there's a few ways to root a phone but the ones worked for me were:
    1) update.zip in /sdcard from stock recovery
    2) superoneclickroot

haven't tried the z4 method though...

Highly irritated with the phone's latency for responsiveness, I came across Team Whiskey's Bionix 1.2 ROM based on the official T-Mo Froyo update, which is essentially an optimized Gingerbread theme'd Froyo. Before I get to do that, I had to 'hack' the stock recovery so that it can be flashed over with Clockwork Recovery. Once that happened, I was able to flash Bionix... was able to do this within an afternoon? Restoring my settings/apps took the rest of the night lol :p
    So currently, my phone's using Bionix 1.3.1 ROM w/ Overstock 1.4; very stable and snappy with almost no lag without any OC [too scared to OC a phone :p]...
    I might be mistaken but I think there's a CyanogenMod ROM for the I9000...

now that you have a rooted phone, get these:
    Titanium Backup [backup/wipe apps + bloatware]
    ShootMe [screenshots]

if that's not enough; there's a whole resource to check out at xda-developers :)

Reg

5. aslsmm

aslsmm Banned

well i had titanium but i accidentally deleted clockworks from my phone. wich makes it to where i can not downlod to my phone. i have to put apk files on an sd card the install them. so im getting ssent out to a guy to put new firm ware on it. i spent too much time on it as it is. i dont wanna screw it up any more than it is. but i have made it a little sega genisis. wich is bad ass. i just need to get it to be faster so the lag is a bother any more. gingerbread is supposedly suppose to do that. the potentia. of this phone is insane. but the know how is also insane.

6. djpharoah

djpharoah Awwww Yeaaaah Super Moderator

I've had the following phones in the last year or so and loved rooting them.

Samsung Galaxy S, Vibrant & Captivate
    Google Nexus One
    HTC T-Mobile G2
    HTC T-Mobile HD2 (nandroid and my current phone)

By far the easiest experiences were with HTC. Samsung phones I only tend to root since they don't put out updates since ever.

7. beneharris

beneharris SS.org Regular

8. edsped

edsped SS.org Regular

Another Droid 1 user.

Pete's stock Gingerbread ROM
    Pete's 1.20 GHz low voltage kernel
    LauncherPro +

Runs about as good as the Incredible that I had for about 3 weeks did, plus with the physical keyboard I can use this.

Game Gripper

And for anyone using LauncherPro (which you really should be) and having problems with it getting pushed out of system memory and having to redraw your homescreens sometimes after exiting from an application, follow this link:

Force your launcher to stay in memory » Droid Hype

Makes it work perfectly.

beneharris likes this.
  9. aslsmm

aslsmm Banned

update. im currently using a galaxy tab t849 that has been flashed for making phone calles. also i have sega and super nintendo on it. as well as 40+ gigs of space. runs like a bat outta hell. i love it. i got a blue tooth head piece so i can have private calls and i also got a keyboard so i can take this to school and use it as a net book or laptop. the last most bad ass thing about this is, i pay 165 a month for 3 unlimited smart phone data plans, with the tab i turn it in to a wifi hot spot and connect my laptop to it with wifi so i can use my laptop online when i get home. it is simply the best 400 bucks ive ever invested as far as tech-ish stuff is concerned. i sold my i9000 to my mom for 400. it was all flaxhed and had gingerbread installed. so she got a good deal. any way ill post a video of my tab and its fucking sweetnes later. as for now im going to die my hair. im starting my dread locks next month and i want the tips to be black.

10. Blake1970

Blake1970 SS.org Regular

I just got hold of a Galaxy S 4G and was wondering if I should root it. I have rooted an HTC phone before and it was pretty simple. If you could recommend me some mods that would be great. Thanks!

11. dacimvrl

dacimvrl ss.org irRegular

XT720, rooted for 3rd party upgrade

apps2sd is the main reason i root

16gig SDcards ftw

12. BryanFTWL

BryanFTWL #winlosing

I'm using OverclockWidgett on my HTC hero, made my phone run SO much faster.
    Other than that and free WiFi tethering, I didn't really do much else.

13. Jarmake

Jarmake Frost Giant

I've got samsung galaxy s2 and I rooted it in about 2 days after I got it. Love this phone, it does everything I want it to do and more. And it's FAST! Currently running SuperCore 2.0 and Darky's 2.3.5 rom.

14. Blake1970

Blake1970 SS.org Regular

Anyone have an HTC Amaze that they rooted? If so what custom ROM's are good.

15. leandroab

leandroab Stay Negative™

I hard-bricked my Captivate doing this. The PC hanged and fucked up the bootloaders.

FML

16. capone1

capone1 ss.org-erererererer

I've got a Galexy Nexus rooted running AOKP_TORO 4.0.3 Milestone 4

I've rooted my droid 1 and the wife's we both ran all kinds of diffrent mods from buggless beast to Kangerade.

Luv me some hacking.