An idea i have, would you guys buy this?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SevenStringSam, Sep 18, 2013.

1. SevenStringSam

SevenStringSam Beware the glube!

so, im getting a large amount of money soon and im putting it all into my designs and prototypes, a lot of which will be on kickstarter soon.

so im just coming up with as many ideas as i can and posting around on different forums, on the way to work i came up with this one

clear guitar pick holders.

will be made from polycarbonate, possibly will be able to do customs logos/designs if requested for a bit extra. ill also be able to make them to fit different picks just tell me what specific pic youd be using it with and i can make it fit. another possibility will be led(s) to help see inside the unit on stage if it were placed on the back of a head stock which will allow you to see the number of picks you have left.

anyways its an idea less than an hour old at this point. so throw me suggestions and everything so we can make this come out of my head and into your hands.

and if at alllllll possible i will keep them as cheap as i can. id say my goal will be less than $15, and thats for one with multiple leds and a custom logo etched into it. the base cheapest would hopefully be around $5-$7.

anyways just let me know what you guys think!

2. Kaickul

Kaickul ΛTRΛMΞNTVM

I'm not a fan of pick holders but it seems like there are a lot of people who do have one and I would just say why not give it a shot?

3. SevenStringSam

SevenStringSam Beware the glube!

To be quite honest I'm not either but I have a weird fix with how I keep my picks. But I'm really just testing the waters with what the people here think before I take the time to set up a kickstarter for now.

4. Kaickul

Kaickul ΛTRΛMΞNTVM

If ever you start a kickstarter, let me know, ill help you spread the word across different forums.

5. sniperfreak223

sniperfreak223 B.C. Rich loyalist

I have mic stand pick holders on everything in my apartment...from fans to faucets to my actual mic stands...plus I always keep a pick or two between the strings behind the nut.

6. angus

angus SS.org Regular

Do you have the machinery to be able to make them, etch them, do the "custom logo" work yourself, etc? All in house?

There are a lot of them on the market that are tried and tested. Unlike something like picks (which need to be replaced), someone will buy them once and be done. Neither is promising.

Honestly, sounds like a lot of work for very minimal gain.

If you are coming into a lot of money, why do you need a kickstarter?

7. mr_rainmaker

mr_rainmaker Resident Cherokee

meh....

but you could make a pick holder like Chris Broderick`s pick clip