An awful lot of threads being closed for responses

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by nightlight, Jun 13, 2021.

1. nightlight

nightlight SS.org Regular

Seems really weird that so many of the threads are being closed because of absolutely trashy responses (the one about 14-year-old girls on the David Ellefson thread in particular).

Literally, 3 out of the 4 threads I clicked on this evening.

Probably some new tactic to get sensitive topics shut down. They do it on TGP all the time. Break the rules, break the thread.

Please let this forum not go down that road, mods. Thanks.

2. odibrom

odibrom .

... perto de onde a terra acaba e o mar come├ža...
    Some of the closed threads (2 at least) were of the "grave digging" / archaeologist kind. Someone just joined in just to reply to 10+ years old threads on Ibanez RG7621 vs RG7421 vs RG7321 without even reading the thread's posts, meaning he replied something already replied 10+ years ago...

I think that, regarding that post on the David Ellefson thread, instead of closing the thread, that particular post could have been EDITED by the moderation team and "cleaned" of the corrosive thoughts written, with a warning of BAN if that line of ideas should continue to show up, but since I'm no moderator, I'll leave that to them and acknowledge they're doing their best, which can't always be in line with our own thoughts, but that's life and surfing SSO is agreeing with that... In my opinion, SSO is still VERY far from what you describe on TGP (which I don't surf).

This is a good place to surf and chill, thank you all, either the moderation team as well as all the comrades in arms... I mean, strings...

3. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

As much as I like a lot of the off-topic stuff here, at the end of the day it's a guitar forum. There are plenty of places on the internet for people to be edgy, or debate their less-than-popular views, etc. etc.

4. possumkiller

possumkiller Square Dance Caller

That's rich coming from you, Ted. Everyone else may have forgotten, but I haven't.

5. TedEH

TedEH Cromulent

That moment when not sure if meme, or some dumb thing I said at some point.

possumkiller likes this.