AMT Bricks B-Lead (Real Tube) Bogner Preamp Pedal, Wow!!

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by Gmork, May 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

Holy cow! this thing is next level!
    Ive owned tube preamps before and this thing is legit! All the signs are there, tube grit, tube punch, tube chunk, TUBE SLAM DUNK!
    Its got that chewy tubey goodness and though i can only compare it to my bogner twinjet, its definitely sounds..... Bognery. As far as "feel" goes, it 100% feels like playing a tube amp and not just a distortion pedal or whatever.

It came with that AMT ss tube which sounded totally legit!
    I tried out a tungsol and got a bit more beefy lows. Not a huge difference but noticeable. Very cool. Want to swap back as my ears may just be tricking me, its that close.

I absolutely HAVE to get more of these things! Im 100% sold. Getting actual tube goodness from something significantly smaller than a boss pedal is just nuts. Thing is TIIIINY.

Not many videos of these, but now theres one more! And yes, my bass was not plugged in. Just playing along for anyone that cares to see what i was playing can do so. Thats how i do all my vids.
    Anyway, on with the show!

Bentaycanada, SDMFVan, Alex79 and 5 others like this.
  2. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

If they do one with a clean channel, I'm sold.

3. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

They have clean preamps in this "bricks" series as well. But not clean AND highgain in a single pedal. Def would be cool though. They are so friggin small though, you could get a gain one and a clean. Side by side tigether theyd only be as big as say an mxr 10band eq

Last edited: May 28, 2020
    USMarine75 likes this.
  4. USMarine75

USMarine75 Colorless green ideas sleep furiously Contributor

So you’re supposed to buy one of the two clean channels and then connect to these Lead channels. When you click on any one it turns the others off. It acts like a legit multichannel tube preamp.

brandon7s and Gmork like this.
  5. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

Well
    Clever way to make you spend more money.

protest and USMarine75 like this.
  6. Elric

Elric SS.org Regular

I dunno man. It's two gain stages from the 12AX7 anything else is pure SS. Most "tube" pedals are just to get the placebo effect going for the user, IMHO. You mentioned tubes like what? 8 times here? LOL. That's seven more than are in your rig if you do not feed this to a tube amp. ;) Nothing in the vid sounds particularly tube like.In fact that "AMT" "Tube" is a solid state ckt in a tube shaped/compatible can. LOL.

Might be a cool way to add another channel to an amp you were already happy with or something but there is only so much magic in one preamp valve, regardless. A lot of pieces in an amp contribute to what most players attribute the special qualities of tube amplification beyond V1 in the preamp and to get the Br00tal gain you are not gonna get there with two 12ax7 gain stages.

Jeff and laxu like this.
  7. Bearitone

Bearitone SS.org Regular

You know, these AMT brick pedals probably sound so great because they have AMT’s new LA3 technology. The “2” series preamp pedals (R2, D2, Vt2, P2, etc...) along with the 50 watt Stonehead have the older LA2 technology.

The brick pedals and the 100watt Stonehead have the LA3 tech in them. I don’t know the differences between LA2 and LA3 exactly but, the LA3 tech was a result of some sort of breakthrough in preamp tube emulation for them. You can read more about it on their website.

8. Bearitone

Bearitone SS.org Regular

Nah. This lets you take what you want and leave what you don’t want. This actually gets rid of whiners that say “man this sucks, they should have put x and y together and added this and that and” yada yada.

These are modularity executed properly in my opinion.

c7spheres likes this.
  9. c7spheres

c7spheres GuitArtist

Great job man! I don't get a tube vibe from it personally let alone a Bogner vibe, but that don't matter cause it sounds great anyways! I think it sounds a lot like your Tight Metal Pro honestly. They got one for every type of amp. I gotta check these all out now. For the price and to the point functionality they seem perfect.

10. Jeff

Jeff Banned from Reality

That doesn’t sound particularly tube-like. Or good.

Elric and Gmork like this.
  11. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

What can i say, im not a master of recording lol. I wish i could record precisely what im hearing in the room. I often feel like my interface colors everything thrown into it... Thats my excuse lol.

12. Jeff

Jeff Banned from Reality

sorry I meant no offense; just don’t care for the pedal.

13. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

No offence taken lol everyones entitled to their opinion, but seriously try one out in person if you ever get a chance. Im not doing it justice lol

14. Spinedriver

Spinedriver SS.org Regular

I have the very same interface and have wondered the same thing myself... :lol:

I've often wanted to try out an AMT pedal but the only place I can find that sells them is in Russia and I try to stay as 'local' (meaning Canada & U.S.) as possible if I'm buying something online, espscially if it's well over $100.

15. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

Yeah, i think we may have discussed this before, but it seems everything i throw at it turns out sounding "mushier, darker, over saturated"
    Maybe i should rent a fancier interface to try out.

16. gunch

gunch Riff Chugman

Half wish amt would take a crack at a Mark type circuit and not just Recto

WarMachine likes this.
  17. Bearitone

Bearitone SS.org Regular

I wish someone would be the guinea pig for the AMT SH-100.
    It’s 25% off right now y’all :D

18. Alexa run my life

Alexa run my life SS.org Regular

The pedal looks really cool though. It sounds good but I wonder if it can be tweaked to sound better.

Also, is that someones sex doll in the video?? I'm sure she can be a handful! :cheers:

19. Legion

Legion is a bloody army.

That's what a volume knob is for on your guitar ;)

But yeah I hear you, channel switching on those pedals like the LA2 series would be great!

20. Gmork

Gmork SS.org Regular

Haha noooo lol. Just a mannequin.
    It can def sound better. Im just impatient and my love of lowend often ends up with my recorded tone being overly mushy because i cant take the time to do some recording tone tests lol.
    Having said that, im working on another quick round 2 video, less overblown mushy lows, more mids, more treble. Still might not like it but i want to show what this thing sounds like lol.