AmpliTube iRig - plug your guitar into your iPhone and rock out

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by JMP2203, May 11, 2010.

1. Captain Axx

Captain Axx ss.org guy

i'd love this to be made on the ipad, imagine the possibilities!
    *drooling at mouth*

2. IK Multimedia

IK Multimedia Sponsor

Clean out the input jack on the iPhone. I had lots of lint/dust in mine and we've seen this preclude sound before.

3. MetalDaze

MetalDaze Repless in Seattle

Got my iRig yesterday. Works like a champ. Combining the distortion pedal with the lead amp in the free version of the app isn't very high gain. I imagine that's why they have a 'metal' amp sim. Haven't decided yet if I should pay the $2.99 for that or go all in for $20.

Question for IK Multimedia: Can you play through the iPhone speaker? It seems like only headphones or through an external amp.

4. Evil7

Evil7 LowCrushingMetal

So im guessing with the correct convirsion cable this can be ran direct line into a P.A. system for a live concert performance.

Here is an idea for development. Create an "iPedal" that plugs into the "iRIG" for controling the stomp boxes all at once in a chain. Maybe for the "iRIG II" ??? :)
    Opens the market to sell more hardware!! :D
    Im sure this would also take a little more software development, but would be really usefull for a musician.
    EDIT- This Ipedal should also be powered charging base for the IPhone. Thank you!
    I am open to doantions for my ideas lol :D

5. victim5150

victim5150 SS.org Regular

Finally got the cables I needed to hook up the iRig to the PA system at our rehearsal studio. We have a full JBL Pro Series PA with a Midas board. It sounded killer.:shred: The guys in my band we're blown away. I was jamming to some backing tracks and some mp3's as the guys walked in for practice. They about died when I showed them that it was my iPhone. They couldn't believe it. It sounded really good. I have no doubt now that I could use this at a show as a back up rig if God forbid something happened to my amp. I could plug this up to the PA and finish a set or show. An emergency backup rig that fits in your back pocket. Sweeeeet! :hbang:

6. IK Multimedia

IK Multimedia Sponsor

Once iRig is plugged in, it is just like a set of headphones being plugged in and you cannot listen through the speaker. You can go out to whatever you'd like through the headphone out on the iRig though. Thanks!

7. IK Multimedia

IK Multimedia Sponsor

and WOW thanks for the kind words and great ideas! I know we'd love to have more control options available and maybe even automation so keep your eyes and ears peeled!

Also, we've updated the Free and LE versions to 1.0.2 to fix an issue some folks were having with add-on gear not showing up. Please update ASAP if using either of these versions.

Plus, we've launched an iRig summer contest so if you'd like to win one of 10 prizes (including StompIO, AmpliTube 3, and more) take a look at IK Multimedia - iRig Today Contest

Thanks!

8. heyimdallas

heyimdallas Well-Known Member

Haha, I'd just really love to see someone go up onstage at a show with an iPod, plug it into the PA, and play a show with it :b

9. IK Multimedia

IK Multimedia Sponsor

That has been done a few times, there's someone about to tour using it. Though you know that onstage pics would surely be a BIG contender for the contest. Might be nice, use iRig on stage then win a StompIO and use THAT for future gigs? :)

10. Customisbetter

Customisbetter WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot Contributor

I just received my adapter and holy shit shit is cool. The Delay is super lush. I will be ordering more stuff soon. :)

11. IK Multimedia

IK Multimedia Sponsor

Thank you. That's something that I think is true too, but we don't hear about it a lot for some reason. The delay is awesome.

12. romeo623

romeo623 New Member

+1 Amplitube iRig for Android!!! :yesway:

13. Adversor

Adversor El Borracho X

I think a lot of fellows here are waiting for an update making the iRig able to load custom impulses. Sooner or later it will be done I am sure, but when? :scratch:

14. Evil7

Evil7 LowCrushingMetal

When will this thing be updated to brew beers? :)

15. scottro202

scottro202 I'm walkin' here!!!

You can use the StompIO with it? Dude, that's freakin sweet.

16. snuif09

snuif09 SS.org Regular

just got an android phone so please release this for android too lol

17. ZigZag

ZigZag Member

They released a new version (2) a few days ago. See what's new below:

• 5 new stomp effects available as in-app purchase
    • Improved sound with DSP parts derived from Amplitube 3 and T-Racks 3 for Mac/PC Apps
    • Built-in recorder with re-amping
    • Multitrack recorder with 4 tracks and master FX section with 3 effects available as in-app purchase
    • Export your recordings and mixes as high quality audio files or send them by email as MP3s
    • Import songs as backing tracks directly from your iPod library on your device or your computer using file sharing or Wi-Fi
    • SpeedTrainer for slow down/speed up imported songs without affecting the pitch
    • Up to 50 songs can now be imported
    • New preset naming feature
    • New Setup panel including input and output level controls
    • Scrollable menu for easier and faster gear selection in the FX and AMP sections
    I downloaded the update and played around with it. Looks like I am going to have to upgrade to the 4-track. This is awesome!

18. capoeiraesp

capoeiraesp Ormsby nutter

You have to pay for most of the new stuff. Nothing much new that's free. When u click on the new section it's difficult to navigate away from without it wanting you to pay for new add ons.

19. IK Multimedia

IK Multimedia Sponsor

Just saw this... so recording/reamping, DSP derived from AmpliTube 3 (major sound improvement) and almost every feature requested in the free update isn't much new? The only things that are optional (you are under no obligation to buy) are the 5 new stomps and 4-track recording, the latter allows you to get a 4-track recording system that rivals full apps that JUST do recording but you get all the great gear in AmpliTube on top of that. Do the other recording apps have top amp/fx sims built in?

The issue with the add-on popups has been addressed, as it was a bug that when the device thought the connection was dropped this would happen so we identified and updated in days.

20. MetalDaze

MetalDaze Repless in Seattle

Yep, kind of sucks, right? It's one thing to pay extra for something like the 4 track recording, but they have set this up to be a nickel and dime operation. Want the new eq? 3 bucks...oh wait, you want parametric and graphic? $6.

I think this is an especially bad pricing model for people who spent the $20 for the full version.

It also sucks that if you fat finger the screen and hit some of the new features you have to be diligent not to accidently buy them. They should have put all of that 'up sell' stuff on another screen.

Anyone run into this with AmpKit?