Amazing Experiment...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Meinrad, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Meinrad

Meinrad Fear the Engineer

Thank you!

This experiment has so many unexpected results... I will probably have to write a second report on it eventually.

2. Stealthdjentstic

Stealthdjentstic Banned

Need videos..now!

:D

3. Cyanide_Anima

Cyanide_Anima BLOOOOM!

Cool! That looks like a lot of fun! I have some concerns though. (please don't hate me, rofl)

I'm very skeptical as to whether you are actually magnetizing yourself. Like Explorer mentioned, it seems more like an electrostatic generator than a magnetizer. If you are grounded while you do this experiment, it could be more likely that you are actually becoming magnetic, but this could be troublesome as you mentioned. As my (very) limited knowledge of biology would suggest, magnetization would required a constant and high voltage over a period of time, and I'm not sure if it would be strong enough to even move the needle of a compass. You need to find out if what you are doing is actually magnetizing, or just creating a ton of static (which is what it seems to be). Again, as Explorer noted most of the ferric metals (iron) in our body are in our blood. Not much at that. You are probably more likely to detect the polarization of the water molecules in your body, which can be generated and detected in an MRI machine. Isolating yourself is creating a capacitor-like storage scheme. The safety is also somewhat questionable. Why not try these experiments on something/someone else, like insects, lab mice, or Alex Jones fans (I keeed, I keeed.) so you can purposely make mistakes and omissions to find a plausible explanation of what is going on.

Also, why keep the research to yourself? If you really want this to do some good you should get as many people involved as possible to test your hypotheses, methodology, and play with the values you are using to ensure what you are doing is accurate and are not just duping yourself with confirmation bias. Scientists actively try to prove each other wrong, that's a hallmark of scientific research. It's what makes science reliable. In my own research, I have found that others who refuse to let others check their work either have something to hide, or they are afraid of their hypotheses being proved flawed in method or conclusions drawn from iffy correlations early on. The things that you mention about how you could be impervious to static, feel more energetic, "all of the water from cat dishes and toilets evaporating into the air" (paraphrasing), etc. seem like pseudo-scientific ideas. There doesn't seem to be any control testing going on, either.

If you really want to do something great with this, get as many credible scientists involved as you possibly can so scientists can find some possible applications for your studies! Then profit and get a nobel prize! I would totally love to see you go somewhere with this so definitely keep going! If you ever get this researched published in a credible scientific journal, I'll buy you a pitcher of your favorite brew! \m/

Science rooools!

4. Eric Christian

Eric Christian Banned

I'd be interested in seeing more than a picture of some stuff attached to your body. Let us know when you have a video. BTW, I've read quite a few books about Tesla and none of them mentioned anything about him being in an insane asylum...

5. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    Okay, having read the original description again, it sounds like you've reinvented the well-known Electric Girl/Electric Chair/Human Dynamo carnival act.

There probably isn't a lot about it on the internet, as there are still moneymakers like this which have a lot of shade, but here's a bit:

Electric Chair Act — An act (often called "The Human Dynamo") in which the performer (usually named "Mister Electrico" or the like) would appear to be immune to the effects of electricity — actually a phenomenon of high voltage electricity which permits an ungrounded person to light neon or fluorescent tubes at a touch, and do other similar stunts without being harmed. The widespread availability of second-hand "quack" medical devices using this phenomenon made it easy for carny electricians to rig the gaff, but this is a very dangerous stunt if done wrong.

----

I've known a few people who would perform the act, but it's a pain to set up unless you're doing a long-running gig. I did mind-reading instead.

Yes, just another one of those jobs of mine.... *laugh*

6. Meinrad

Why would I hate you for asking intelligent questions and expressing reasonable concerns? If I did I would not be much of a good inventor... I really don't care even if people say that what I'm doing is outright impossible, as long as they can give a legitimate reason rather than "It's completely impossible because it just is" or "It's completely impossible because you don't have a Ph.D". You have certainly expressed legitimate concerns for legitimate reasons, and aren't speaking in absolutes like "this is absolutely impossible in every way" - unlike some MIT-grad scientists and senior engineers I have worked with - so no, I certainly don't hate you!

You're correct that this experiment doesn't actually, truly magnetize the subject. What it seems to do (and what it was intended to do) is dramatically increase human capacitance so the subject can conduct enough electromagnetic energy to have a visible effect. This experiment in which I stuck tools and magnets to my body was merely the first of a series of preliminary experiments, hopefully leading to the result of being able to conduct enough electromagnetic energy to levitate myself by magnetic force. So in summary, what the experiment is intended to do rather than physically magnetizing the subject, is to allow the subject to conduct enough energy to have a visible magnetic effect.
    I intend to do more experiments with grounding - as I already said, though, the rate of discharge has to be carefully controlled, because if the electromagnetic energy transfers too fast it could result in electrocution (unlikely, but I really don't want to die until I get a fully workable result, haha!). Also like I said, if something unexpected interferes with the experiment I rapidly discharge myself using a shorting rod coated with a semiconductor. If anyone doesn't know what a shorting rod is, it's a long copper rod with an insulated handle and a wire that connects it to ground. Usually they're used by linemen and high voltage enthusiasts to rapidly discharge large capacitors. The semiconductor coating over mine controls the rate of discharge and eliminates the risk that the current could move fast enough to cause electrocution (I take other safety precautions too, like standing on my right foot and holding the shorting rod with my right hand, so if any lethal current passes through my body it will travel along the right side of my body and not across my chest). During grounding for rapid discharge, the magnetic effect remains until the discharge is completed (in about five seconds). Once the electromagnetic energy is removed from my body, I wouldn't be magnetic anymore.
    In the next experiment I might wear my grounded wrist strap while I charge myself and see whether or not the discharging happens at the same rate as the charging. If I discharge as fast as I charge and there is no observable effect, you might be right and it's electrostatic energy rather than electromagnetic energy. If I continue to retain a charge with an observable effect, it probably is really electromagnetic energy. Certainly that doesn't give a definite result, but it will point me in the direction of the definite result.
    As for finding something else to experiment on, I don't know the conductivity of insects so I would have to start over with the mechanical experiments, and a mouse in the inductance field would just carry the charge in its fur so the next person that touches it gets a painful shock. During the preliminary mechanical experiments, one of my cats walked through the inductance field and picked up a charge. I petted him and got a nasty shock. Fur is a conductor, which also affects the test results. If I had a naked mole rat or something to experiment on, that might work!

I don't have a problem with sharing the research or being contradicted... I intend to share it with the independent foundation I've been working with, conducting studies on superconductor electromagnetism. I just have a problem sharing it with large corporations, because they tend to take over work done by independent inventors and kick the original founders off the project. I already lost a nanotechnological design to a corporate rival (partner at the time) I was working with who patented my design as soon as he could. I have enough rivals... I don't want to go through that anymore. Inevitably I will, it's part of inventing, but there are things I can do to minimize the risk of intellectual copyright violations... and not sharing my research with large corporations is one of them. My reason for not sharing my research with everyone out there is that I don't want some corporate scumbag getting credit for my hard work - not that I'm afraid to be proven wrong. If someone proved me wrong I would just start over. It's happened before and that is what I did.
    Those were just observations of things that seemed to happen after the experiment - and the one about the water evaporating was someone else's concern, not my own. I just wrote down the ideas of what could be going on, because in a later experiment I am going to supercharge myself again and cross-check the results.

As for publishing my research in a scientific journal, I'll see about that after I solve all my current problems with my patent applications... Argh, paperwork!
    I completely agree, science rules!! Paperwork, however, does not!

I will post the video in this thread when I get it done, I just have to fix my other computer. It probably won't be a very good video though, the inductance field is going to screw with the camera... I'll either have to put the camera in a separate Faraday cage, or there will be alot of interference.
    Really? I have a German book on the history of electrical engineering which talks about Tesla being condemned to the insane asylum, and more than one person has told me about it before I mentioned it to them...

This sounds like what Transtrom used to do
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

If so, then yes, that research of Transtrom's was the founding for the core concept of HEmS technology - the difference is, with Human Electromagnetic Supercharging I am able to retain the electromagnetic energy, not just pass it over my body with no harm.

7. Explorer

Explorer He seldomly knows...

Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
    Gardner talked about that point you've raised before, regarding competitors keeping one down, as well as how the establishment manages to lock out certain individuals. That man is a prophet....

8. Celiak

Celiak SS.org Regular

[​IMG]

If you can carry a charge large enough to create an arc wouldn't that damage your skin as well? Also you want to levitate through diamagnetism or ??? I'm not really sure how you would go about that.

Also LOL at your appropriate choice of shirt.

9. Vicissitude27

Vicissitude27 SS.org Regular

This thread is so amazing I can't believe it. :lol:
    Thank you very much for the read my friend, hope to hear some more updates ASAP! :yesway:

10. pink freud

pink freud SS.org Regular

This is cool, but instead of making it so that a person walking next to a computer breaks the computer make it so they fix the computer? That's where the real money is :D

11. Meinrad

Well it is a sad state of events that society is not set up for inventors. Society is set up for people who want to study hard, compulsively follow rules just because it's the rule, go to college and get a boring, normal life, never having a unique accomplishment. You have no idea (or maybe you do...) how many times somebody trying to prove a point has actively sabotaged my work, how many times I have been kicked out of projects and scientific studies because my ideas were too eccentric or too controversial, and how many times some person has felt the need to tell me to "get a life" and stop trying to prove that credentials aren't certificates of omniscience, or stop working as an inventor. I may not be worthwhile, and I may not be anywhere near good enough, but it was people with similar ideals to mine who built what society defines as a "life"...

Thermal damage, like electrocution, depends on how fast the current is moving and how long it takes to transfer. It's controlled by the same system which controls the rate of discharge.
    Are you familiar with how a solenoid works? A magnetic inductance field is created inside a coil, which causes a magnet placed inside the coil to move out of the coil, usually flipping a control switch in a much larger system. By standing inside a superconductor coil the HEmS experiment subject could levitate himself through inductance. That's very similar to how the Bullet Trains in Japan work as well, similar to how particle accelerators are designed to prevent particles from colliding with the wall of the accelerator, and many other superconductor electromagnetic systems.
    And, haha, I didn't even notice the irony of my Static-X shirt! The nice thing about working at home is I don't have to wear a stuffy lab coat, unlike when I'm on-site :p

Great idea! If only I had found a way to do that eight years ago when I was working as a maintenance man... it would have been extremely convenient.

Would also be much harder to build a device for, though!