Alvarez ABT60 - Performing 2 percussive acoustic guitar songs written by me

Discussion in 'Extended Range Guitars' started by DeKay, Dec 24, 2014.

1. DeKay

DeKay Caynug

Hey it's been awhile since I last put up one of my percussive acoustic baritone videos, so here you have 2 songs of mine live performed infront of my microphone in one take. Hope you guys enjoy it. The guitar is my alvarez abt60e recorded with my rode m3 microphone with a slight blend of my smartphone sound.

Have some awesome days! Enjoy.

2. octatoan

octatoan Acoustic tech-death!

moar plz

I clicked submit on the +rep accidentally (on a phone).

What I wanted to say was this: "I tell you I would kill to see you teach this stuff." Not joking. I guess you already have a little recording setup; how about a little ten-minute video every week or two?

3. DeKay

DeKay Caynug

Thanks man.

I do so many different things musically (I got 4 albums out) that I wouldn't really have the time or strength to keep up a schedule with stuff like that... but someday I will start teaching with youtube videos because I learned so many little tricks and overrall things that everybody could benefit from. What exactly should I teach in your opinion?

4. octatoan

Percussive techniques, and how to perform them while also playing melodies. i.e. how can we mortals who have not drummed for six years do what you do?

(Though when I come to think of it there's a lot I know the mechanics of but don't practise . . . haha.)

5. DeKay

DeKay Caynug

That's a good idea! I notice even in the more known percussive guitar artists that they learned it kinda forced which makes it sound less flowing when they do it. Will note that one down and probably do a video on that in the future! Other than that I am always open to help someone out, just need to reach out to me :)

Did you just call me non-mortal? :bowdown:

6. octatoan

If you look closely . . . now did I?

7. jonajon91

jonajon91 New Picture

Just going to say that I am still spinning 'imperfections' every now and then man. It really was a great release.

8. DeKay

DeKay Caynug

Thats so good to hear, didn't knew that there are still some people listening to that :D Thank you!

9. AVH

AVH avhguitarrepair.com Forum MVP

Haha, nice playing :yesway:

I'm the Alvarez guy at D'Addario Canada during the day QC'ing these, and they're fantastic bang for buck in an acoustic baritone (which btw really isn't an ERG), and there isn't very many companies putting them out. Nice to see these getting good use.

10. Chi

Chi Niverlare

As an owner of the same acoustic, I can only confirm this. Came near-perfect out of the box and I haven't heard many acoustics that sound fuller than this beast.