Allure of Stellar / Instrumental progressive metal from Glasgow

JejeLaFrite

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi there,

We are a brand new band from Glasgow, and we just released our debut title to hook up a drummer.

You can listen to the song there :

We are still looking to define the exact direction of our music and dilute properly our influences, hence if you have any feedback it would be greatly appreciated.

I also made a playthough of the solo on my JP7, if you are curious about it :)

Thanks for your attention and any feedback if so !
Cheers,

Jerome

JejeLaFrite

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey guys,
After almost a year of work and experimentation, I can finally announce that my debut EP will be released in spring 2016. A huge effort has been but put into song writing and production, I hope this will stand out to all of you while listening to the final result.
The record will be called "Azimuths" and will include 5 original tracks. The artwork has been realized once more by our very good friend and insanely talented Baxia Art.
Azimuths will be available on Bandcamp & Youtube. :agreed:

12540702_475782495941253_7780567757162212724_n.jpg

JejeLaFrite

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi there,

A quick update from the studio : I am more than excited to announce that Azimuths will feature Joseph Stevenson (from StarSystems), NeoGeoFanatic & Sithu Aye as guests. They are all outstanding musicians and I am very grateful to have them on this record. They provided amazing solos, with their disctinctive sound, and helped to enhance this EP, which will be officially released on April the 27th via Bandcamp, Spotify and Youtube.
I'm really looking forward to sharing it with you all, as this is by far my most elaborate and purposeful record.
Cheers,

Jerome

71340612764476486137948239041861665662952845346o.jpg

thedonal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Absolutely love the track.

Those triplets early on! Amazing.

Just a little thought- you may differ, but some of the sounds- like the piano, which have quite a smallish room reverb sound, might fit the more epic theme if it had a bigger, more diffuse reverb on. I think the mix could be worked on s touch too to make it more cohesive.

But all that aside, looking forward to hearing more... Great stuff!

JejeLaFrite

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks man !

Yes, that was just a demo and hopefully the upcoming record should be in another league in term of writing and production :)

thedonal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
It's nice to hear a new prog metal track that's not a collection of angular, frenetic, discordant 7 string riffs! (unless the rest of your music is like that- but I'm guessing not! :D).

No disrespect to players of angular, frenetic, discordant ERG riffage, of course- it's just nice to hear a change!

JejeLaFrite

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi friends,

After nearly a year of work and experimentation, I can finally unveil my debut EP, 'Azimuths' in full, two weeks ahead of its official release!

This record wouldn’t sound the same without the help of my talented friends Joseph Stevenson (Joseph Stevenson - Composer &StarSystems), NeoGeoFanatic & Sithu Aye (Sithu Aye). I’m really grateful to have them onboard. Also a very special thanks to Barbara Florczyk @Baxia Art, who has kindly provided me with stunning artwork which illustrates my music perfectly.

Thanks,

Jerome

Nick

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Had a listen as I'm also from Glasgow.

Great music, prog like this stopped being my thing a while ago as i probably OD'd on it but its well written and executed and sounds great.

Do you have a band together to play it live? Knowing Glasgow, you will struggle to find a drummer.

JejeLaFrite

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi Nick,

Thanks for the kind words !
Unfortunately the project is studio only for now. However, if there is some interest growing, I might start a live band to support the project.

PS: As a fellow Glaswegian we have to catch up for a beer !

JejeLaFrite

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Shot a playthrough of the song "Flatland", with my trusty magic combo Strandberg Guitarworks Boden OS7 & Kemper Amps!
Recorded in the new studio with the help of the neck cam. I hope you dig it :)

JejeLaFrite

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hello fellow extended range enthusiasts!

To celebrate my latest EP "Azimtuhs" first anniversary, it will be available for FREE for the next 2 weeks via Bandcamp

https://allureofstellar.bandcamp.com/album/azimuths

If you didn't have a chance to listen to it yet, or didn't felt like paying £4 for it, here's your chance. Have a go and let me know what you think :flame:

JejeLaFrite

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hi guys,

after nearly 2 years in the making, it's officially here. The new record, "Decline", will drop on the 16th January 2019. I spent a lot of time perfecting it, and got help from my friends Nick Acker (Kaguu), Maxime Lathiere (Cartoon Theory) and Morgan Thmaso (Visenya).
This work is my most personal to date, and will be darker and more symphonic than Azimuths.
I hope a couple of you might like it.

IMG-20181128-WA0009.jpg