Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom) has died?! :(

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by lewis, Jan 4, 2021.

1. works0fheart

works0fheart Tike Myson

Pretty sure he adopted her a while ago. She has his last name. Shelby Laiho. So yes, not biologically his kid, but that's not really anyone's place to say that they aren't close as father and daughter. To her and him I'm sure who the actual father was is of little significance.

2. Randy

Randy Full on Friendship!™ Super Moderator

I think the relevance of "offspring" is because a child of his (by birth) would give immediate legal standing regarding anything from his estate, whereas we don't know how legal his "adoption" of this child was considering how slap-dash his other legal matters were.

mastapimp and setsuna7 like this.
  3. mastapimp

mastapimp SS.org Regular

Yeah, that was kinda my line of questioning. Considering he had a "commitment ceremony" and wasn't legally married to his new partner, i'm not sure how the daughter plays into this if nothing is bound by law. I guess we'll see what happens when these things play out in court.

4. BigLebowski

BigLebowski SS.org Regular

FYI - and since i am unable to post any links with my very first post here, google "whatwhybecauseican.blogspot just shooting"
    I cannot watch this shit anymore from aside without coming out and defefnd family. I will post that everywhere as cannot let that Trump continue with her lies.

5. Alberto7

Alberto7 Silly Goose Engineering

That's cool and all that, but:

1) Who are you?
    2) Who even wrote that?

Not that I've chosen to side with anyone here, but you need to provide credentials if you want people to believe you.

Merrekof likes this.
  6. MFB

MFB Banned

But Alberto, it was written on a BLOGSPOT of all places, it must be legit!

Alberto7 likes this.
  7. BigLebowski

I acknowledge staying anonymous dont bring much credit of information provided. I cannot say much more that already in post, yes, was written by me. Close family friend who got arsed seeing them suffering because of that snake. Family has decided to keep radio silence for two reasons: attourneys advice and knowing it wont help anything, would just get worse and eat even all that small amount of energy they have. But i cannot watch aside she's abusing them by doing what she does, makes me so angry

8. Alberto7

Damn you! I cannot handle all this TRUTH!

Fair enough. I'll stay interested, but with the info available so far I wouldn't expect any uninvolved and reasonable person to really side with anyone yet.

9. BigLebowski

Like mentioned in my initial post, FYI. I want everyone to be aware.
    This shit will get ugly - that snake is after dollars and, well, just read your self what she has said in instagram about Kelli and Alexi's syster! So crazy shit especially when i have my self less than month ago mourned with Alexi his flight tickets cancelled to Australia - was his plan to spend xmas there - instead, was stuck in finland and spend it with her syster and her family.. Bloody hell, this is so fooking twisted that his family is now in position where they need someone trying to defend them in this kimberly circus! They told themselves how helpless they feel seeing Kimberly getting all love while doing what she does - just read my post again with thought.

Musiscience likes this.
  10. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Kimberly isn't getting an ounce of pity from me. Kimberly Gross can kick rocks. Kelli and Anna have confirmed the Facebook post as being pretty much fact. Must take a real small person to go, "yeah I know you're grieving and shit, but I don't care. Gimme a bunch of shit ($$$, personal items, etc) that isn't mine. What? You're mad? Here, lemme put you down online and act like you're the problem."

11. NotDonVito

NotDonVito molesta la breastas

12. Alberto7

13. lewis

lewis SS.org Regular

:rofl:

14. Crumbling

Crumbling SS.org Regular

There were production 24 fret RRs, just not USA one. All the domestic market Jackson Stars were 24 frets. There's photos of him playing a pinstripe RR1 so that's probably what they settled for. Could be FMIC not offering him a Japanese model, could be him not wanting to play a Japanese import, we'll never know.

15. feilong29

feilong29 SS.org Regular

16. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

After Alexi's death, the Finnish music maganize Soundi had a poll about which CoB songs are the best. Here's the results by album (not very surprising tbh):

[​IMG]

What I did find interesting however, is that every song from their entire discography got at least one vote :eek:

... And here's the full story, use Google translate if needed :lol:
    https://www.soundi.fi/uutiset/nama-...f-bodom-kappaleet-soundin-lukijat-aanestivat/

setsuna7 and Wuuthrad like this.
  17. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

More evidence for "nostalgia trumps all; gimme back my teenage years!" To see more of this, talk to wrestling fans about the Monday Night Wars and especially the Attitude! Era. Anyone who actually remembers the Attitude! Era and wasn't blinded by fanboy nostalgia realizes that, yeah, there was a lot of good, but with it, there was just as much (if not more so) that was complete shit. Far worse than the 1993-1995 time period that was supposedly the "drizzling shits for wrestling." This is why you have bands just going out, even with a new album, with 95% greatest hits set lists and 2 new songs (if they even release new albums at all -- looking at you KISS). This is also why you have people in the horror fandom fawning over bullshit like the 97th Halloween from Blumhouse or a Scream sequel, sans Craven, that will apparently abandon the meta aspect. To both, what is the fucking point? I mean other than cashing in. What is the point for the fans? Watching inferior versions of past glories because you can't get over your nostalgia boners? With regards to Halloween, Michael is not even a character. Every time a writer tries to give him some sort of character trait, you can be SURE the fans will bitch, whine, moan, and groan until it is scalpeled out of the series (hence Halloween 2018). As for Scream, seriously, why even bother? Meta was the entire point of the series, but hey man, that huge pay check does seem real good, so why not prostitute ourselves out, because being creative apparently isn't our goal anymore.

I saw Terrifier, and loved Art the Clown. I was watching it, thinking to myself, "this might be the start of a new group of horror villains, with Art as the leader. GREAT!" Instead, he'll likely be tending to the fucking old folks home so a 78 year old Michael Myers can still stalk his shit yogurt selling sister. Or so people can get "jUsTiCe FoR kAnE hOdDeR" when he's the lamest of the Jason actors. Fucking yawn.

Sorry for the rant, but it is getting real fucking old. Especially with wrestling fans, whom apparently do not even remember how bad some of that shit in the 90s was. Or how awful it is, regardless of the medium, when a band, artist, movie franchise, etc. "goes back to their roots." It is always a disappointment. I am a HUGE Freddy Krueger fan, but you know what I do not want? Another Freddy film. Why? Because Freddy outside of the 80s really doesn't translate too well. Even one of these 80s-core attempts would likely bomb (Goldbergs).

Then again, what should I expect, considering rock fans apparently thought 50 something year olds reuniting in the 90s for endless greatest hits tours was a great idea.

18. MFB

MFB Banned

I wish I didn't overlook Something Wild as much as I do. It's a solid debut, and there's really not much else I've found like it, but the production isn't great (it's more listenable than some others I've heard) and the song writing is rough compared to the follow up (rightfully so, but it's surprising by how much). I do like it more than AYDY, so fuck that graph!

works0fheart and feilong29 like this.
  19. feilong29

feilong29 SS.org Regular

It's my least favorite, but what magic it was considering he was 18 when they debut as COB. Further more, he was 16 when they put our their IneartheD albums!

aesthyrian and works0fheart like this.
  20. Crumbling

Crumbling SS.org Regular

Something Wild's problem for me was that the songs just lacked structure, with the exception of Lake Bodom and Touch Like Angel of Death, it almost feel like they're just noodling.

...and that some of the best riffs are in fact Mozart.

aesthyrian likes this.