Alexi Laiho (Children of Bodom) has died?! :(

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by lewis, Jan 4, 2021.

1. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

TIL that Finnish people are a race and that there was a lot of drama in Alexi's private life.

2. arasys

arasys SS.org Regular

I wish ESP considers making his new purple SV / RV models (with shorter lower horns) available at some point. I still feel sad about his passing, and haven't had a single drink since I found out. It really had an impact on how I view alcohol these days.

I don't think his family needed such drama right now, considering how private he was.. If I visit Finland one day and see his grave, I would love to leave a pack of DR strings or something he would have appreciated instead of flowers.

feilong29 and works0fheart like this.
  3. works0fheart

works0fheart Tike Myson

Let's drop the racist conversation all together. It's serving no purpose here other than to derail the thread. People are wrong/stupid on the internet constantly. If I had to run in to argue about it everytime I see it I'd have a 2nd full time job. There is more important shit to be discussing than our own petty bullshit, such as the petty bullshit going on with Alexi's family.

On that note, I really don't know who to believe, but from an outside perspective, it does feel like Kim is suddenly swooping in out of nowhere to try to get a piece of something that she really shouldn't. Alexi has a kid out there that should be seeing whatever he had to leave behind, not an ex who hasn't been relevant in almost 20 years. For the record, I like Kim and Sinergy, and all of the posts she's been making recently have been great to see, but she very clearly shouldn't be trying to pursue anything inheritance-wise of Alexi's. Remembering someone fondly is one thing, but coming for Alexi's money is blatantly wrong when she very clearly hasn't been a part of his life in nearly two decades.

I've seen these kinds of things first hand with my own family and it gets downright ugly. Alexi's little girl doesn't deserve that.

4. ArtDecade

ArtDecade John Bohlinger's Dank Stash

The estate should probably be divided between Kim and Alexi's child. Regardless of what team you are on, the law has to side with a legal marriage more than opinions on who we think Alexi loved more. That said, maybe he left behind a will of some sort and all this is moot.

5. works0fheart

works0fheart Tike Myson

I'm willing to bet he didn't though (leave behind a will) just because of how his family is reacting right now. If he had left one they'd probably just be ignoring her and whatnot.

6. ArtDecade

Or is it possible that he did leave a will and that is why Goss is coming out? She is his wife (legally) and the estate may need her to sign off on everything. EDIT: If she was just going to lawyer up and see what happens, she wouldn't need to be there.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  7. works0fheart

works0fheart Tike Myson

No idea. Honestly, regardless of who is telling the truth, I just hope that his kid benefits from this in some way. It's probably hard enough for her losing her dad without all of this going on. It's sad to see.

8. ArtDecade

Agreed. Hopefully she gets her due - and that due should be at least half.

aesthyrian likes this.
  9. Spaced Out Ace

Spaced Out Ace 0 0 1 0 0 6 5 0 3\

Oh christ. Shut up.

10. works0fheart

works0fheart Tike Myson

11. Ataraxia2320

Ataraxia2320 SS.org Regular

Dunno how it is in Finland but in in some parts of Europe a will will only take you so far.

That being said the fact he is not cohabiting with his wife would help things dramatically.

12. Sermo Lupi

Sermo Lupi SS.org Regular

Complaining about unfair divorce laws is like beating a dead horse. However, seeing as Goss has offered a defense of her moral character instead of simply explaining her legal right, let's see what justifications she has offered for taking Alexi Laiho's estate.

Goss' claims are basically:
    • Goss continued to speak with Alexi 'almost daily' for the last 10 months of his life and says they were on good terms.
    • We know from her proof of their 'photo together' dated December 15th 2020 (which is just a reflection of her face on a Macbook screen) that these interactions were only virtual.
    • Goss claims Alexi sought divorce in 2002 but withdrew so that they could work on their relationship.
    • She also claims Alexi never sought divorce again (implying--perhaps incorrectly--that he wanted to stay married).
    • Goss claims it is the family who has made this ugly. It is unclear whether she means the public accusations or the disputes over the estate behind the scenes.
    • Goss refers several times to 'the other party in Australia' or 'those in Australia' in several statements posted to her Instagram account, presumably referring to Alexi's partner. Goss seems to be accusing Alexi's partner of instigating a public feud and refuses to comment on her own marriage to Alexi out of respect for him.
    I do not see how Goss can make a moral defense of her character considering the above. It seems their marriage was nothing more than a legal union for the better part of two decades--arguably right from the start if Alexi married her for visa reasons. More importantly, they were not living together and it seems she wasn't dependent on Alexi's estate while he was still alive (as a house wife would be, for instance). A few Facetime calls over the last 10 months to reminisce (and to gain closure with someone who might have known he was dying) is hardly grounds for entitlement for his entire lifetime earnings. To put yourself above his family in this context is morally repugnant.

So many parts of her Instagram statements seem slippery as well. Goss seems oddly proud that Alexi never intended to divorce her (as opposed to saying they wanted to remain married in private). If Alexi knew she would fight him tooth and nail for every penny he ever made, why would he even attempt divorce? Amid health issues no less? This is proof of nothing.

Also, why has Goss turned this into a feud between her and Alexi's partner when it seems it is the Laiho family that has concerns about her actions? Takes a gold digger to know one, I guess?

This whole situation just reeks. How you can abuse the legal system like this and still defend your actions from a moral perspective while leaving so much emotional and financial hardship in your wake is beyond me.

'I'm grieving, too'. Sobbed all the way over to Finland on that plane ride, I bet. Disgusting.

13. Spaced Out Ace

The two dimwits acting goofy. I typically appreciate what both bring to threads, but what they were doing was obtuse.

14. Spaced Out Ace

She also sort of implies that Alexi was possibly being dishonest to Kelli in a low key manner. She has been described as manipulative as hell, and that is what I gather from her post.

works0fheart likes this.
  15. Boris_VTR

Boris_VTR SS.org Regular

I got the impression that its not really his child? I think its from her ex-husband/boyfriend.

setsuna7 likes this.
  16. Leviathus

Leviathus Psychotic Monster

I have been laughing too much at this term today.

17. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Come to think of it, maybe Alexi didn't want to divorce her because he knew she'd get half of his property at that point. That would kinda match the Australian dude's explanation (from the facebook group) too.

Razerjack and Spaced Out Ace like this.
  18. Boris_VTR

Boris_VTR SS.org Regular

She could easily divorce him herself if she wanted half of his estate. End result would be the same.

setsuna7 likes this.
  19. p0ke

p0ke 7-string guitard

Yeah but it was said in the fb-post that Alexi was trying to be nice to her just to get her to sign some papers, maybe he had some "don't give her anything" type contract or whatever. I don't know if that's even possible...

Either way, that would be reason enough to stay married.

Spaced Out Ace likes this.
  20. mastapimp

mastapimp SS.org Regular

You guys keep mentioning his kid... Did Alexi have any offspring? In all the articles I've seen the child is referred to as Kelli's from a previous relationship.

Ataraxia2320 and setsuna7 like this.