Alex Lifeson working on new model with Paul Reed Smith!

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Rush 'Haven't Stopped or Quit

Billboard.com said:
Also out in Rush`s world now is "The Studio Albums 1989-2007," a seven-disc set of Rush's albums for Atlantic Records, as well as the "Vapor Trails Remixed" set that corrects some sonic flaws Lifeson says the trio has long heard in the album. Meanwhile, he's preparing for a hiatus that includes travel and working on a new guitar model with Paul Reed Smith, and as a Rock Hall inductee Lifeson was also happy to cast a ballot for this year's nominees.

I don't want to get into another Gibson VS PRS argument so I'll keep my snarky comments to myself, but the bottom line is that I am very excited for Alex to be working on a new model. I know him and Paul will come up with something awesome. He has been playing his Singlecuts and CE's for ever, even while using his Signature Les Paul so I can only expect this to be awesome. I think the Axxcess was a great model (although I completely believe it was ripped off from Schon's scrapped signature model).

Alex_Lifeson_Milan_2004.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Is he still with Gibson? I thought he was "bored" of PRS?

But that's still awesome and it's cool to see him back with PRS. I wanna see an Alex Lifeson PRS sig.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Is he still with Gibson? I thought he was "bored" of PRS?

But that's still awesome and it's cool to see him back with PRS. I wanna see an Alex Lifeson PRS sig.

Nah, he's always had and used his PRSi. I would assume Gibson offered him a fantastic business deal for his name on a model, and to be honest, whatever guitars they made for Alex were probably excellent instruments. I think spec wise his Gibson sig was awesome if you liked Gibson.

I'm happy they gave Neil Schon artistic freedom with his model but they made him a few Singlecuts that were STUNNING:

neil1d.jpg

s4tch

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'd love him to work on an other solo album, too.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
In my head I just imagine there are drafting events like in sports for guitar endorsements and we traded Chad Kroeger for Alex Lifeson :rofl:

:rofl:

I am really looking forward to seeing what comes of this, I'm a huge Lifeson fan and I love me some PRS :agreed:

Underworld

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
A new singlecut model with some modern features would be highly welcomed, both in the core serie and the SE line!

infernalservice

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I love PRS, but I question some of the artists (from a marketing and demand standpoint mostly) who get USA sigs. With Lifeson, I have no complaints what so ever. I know it will probably be a singlecut with a floyd, but Lifeson played a ce24 for a long time, and I would love to see a bolt-on USA sig, maybe an old spec CE with the alder/maple combo body.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I love PRS, but I question some of the artists (from a marketing and demand standpoint mostly) who get USA sigs. With Lifeson, I have no complaints what so ever. I know it will probably be a singlecut with a floyd, but Lifeson played a ce24 for a long time, and I would love to see a bolt-on USA sig, maybe an old spec CE with the alder/maple combo body.

I know its crazy and hard to think about, but you have to think of PRS as a mom and pop shop and not a corporation. They are a huge company, but RUN like a small shop. And that goes with endorsements. Paul doesn't make anyone sign contracts or exclusive deals with PRS because he says if they want to play something else, my guitar isn't cutting it and so be it. Its also how signature guitars go. People that deeply believe in the company or have been long time friends of Paul himself. I mean Lifeson had a Gibson sigs and whatever guitars he wanted from them and he STILL chose to bust out the PRS singlecut or CE he's had for years.

I dont know if a lot of people know this, but Chris Henderson (3 Doors Down) was endorsing PRS when the Gibson lawsuit over the Singlecut happened and Paul had to tell him "we can't give you any singlecuts right now until this boils over but I'll still back you with what I can". A lot of people were jumping ship during that and Chris stook it out with PRS. As soon as the lawsuit was settled, Paul called him and said "I want to thank you for your loyalty. Lets design a signature guitar for you!" That to me - is class. And rare these days. :2c:

Last edited: