Alcest - Kodama

chopeth

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Anyone into this post-black band? New album Kodama released yesterday, I love the earlier ones, especially Écailles de lune and Les Voyages de l'âme. Here's a song a of the new one:

[YOUTUBEVID]jwE5FG-pIdk[/YOUTUBEVID]

DXL

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Surprised no one posted this yet. I was in love with the singles but still have to listen to the full album, very excited though Alcest is amazing (including Shelter lol)

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I keep getting distracted listening to this, but I love what I hear. The longer track lengths are throwing me off at first.

I loved Shelter and I'm getting much of the same vibes, very glad they decided to bring back more distortion :yesway:

mgh

Betwixt and Between
Reaction score
not heard yet but i hope it's a return to form, the whole blackgaze scene peaked several years ago and needs a few classic albums to reinvigorate it

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
lol, sounds like someone's into Mononoke Hime

He also played a show at a shrine while I was living in Kyoto, but at the time I was mostly unfamiliar with Alcest so I skipped it. I am still mostly unfamiliar with them, but I do really enjoy Lantlos so I feel I should try listening to more Alcest.

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I am still mostly unfamiliar with them, but I do really enjoy Lantlos so I feel I should try listening to more Alcest.
I really like Lantlos, especially their last album Melting Sun, which was absolutely fantastic. I like Alcest just as much, but differently :)

AdamMaz

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm curious to hear which tracks other people like off the new album?

This is one is mine: