AfterShock is a rip off

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment' started by jmack, Nov 17, 2014.

1. HeHasTheJazzHands

HeHasTheJazzHands SS.org Regular

That.

2. asher

asher So Did We

This:

ed: :ninja:

3. jbealsmusic

jbealsmusic SS.org Regular

Damn! Well, I'm not allowed to comment because I'm technically a competitor. All I can say is that I hope he makes it right.

Good luck!

4. op1e

op1e Spirit Taker

I wouldn't mind that combination at all! I run Swamp Thangs and Legends with my 5153 mini. I don't really like my other guitarists v30 Randall cab in comparison. Plus I have zero feedback problems and he has tons, I had same problem when trying out a Mesa OS cab. Its hard dialing in L6 digital gear. It may take you a while if you spent a long time dialing it in on the last cab and had it set up just right. Trade off the ST's and try the ET65's if ya want.

And turn your Presence down. Swamp Thangs are VERY sensitive to that setting. Mine is all the way down when playing 6 strings.

5. jmack

jmack Member

I've had this thing since February being this year, so quite a bit of hours on them.

And to the guys that are asking how they sound harsh, to me they are so harsh it makes anything you play unmusical. But, the cab sounds okay for cleans with out an impulse response on.

I took out the speakers and tried going to his shop on a Friday, last week. But no one was there, I was trying to surprise them because they are ignoring me. Then Saturday I emailed Brandon saying if he doesn't want to fix this I will have to take him to court. I called his shop Monday and they rejected my calls, and never answered or called back, or even emailed me back. They are trying to avoid me, and I think this switch up was on purpose. He isn't trying to resolve this what so ever.

Right now I'm trying to reinstall the speakers so I can do a demo for you guys. but all the pictures I took you can't see the routing of one of the speakers. So I'll need your guys help. I got most of them linked up right.

Here is my reference pic from when I first opened the back.
    [​IMG]

and here is what I got today
    [​IMG]

is this right? and I also have one more connection to do but I'm not sure how its supoosed to be hooked up at all.

6. glpg80

glpg80 √εvil

Protip:

Disconnecting and connecting speakers you want replaced for free, when admitting you have no idea what you're doing on the same exact thread, is a good reason for the company to claim you voided any and all warranties implied or not.

I'd suggest leaving them unplugged and stop threatening court actions if you want anything to be done.

sevenstringj likes this.
  7. sevenstringj

sevenstringj Banned

:scratch: He said 2 weeks ago that he'd make it right, so how did he ignore you? And do you have a receipt specifying Celestion V30's and the extra $$ they cost? Maybe just ask him for a partial refund instead and use the money toward Celestions?

Also, why and when did you take out the speakers? (I'm assuming you removed them since you're trying to reinstall them now.) And did you tell him that you removed them? If you did, then that's probably why he's ignoring you.

Worst case scenario you just go ahead and buy V30s and return them if it's still "harsh." (Probably a good idea to ask the retailer if they'd accept a return on speakers that were installed.) Or hold onto them for another cab.

8. SandyRavage

SandyRavage SS.org Regular

1. From a small business standpoint he stopped listening when you said you'd bring him to court. I can't count the number of customers that said that when I worked retail, and if you had a clue about our justice system than you'd know at under 1000 value all your court fees would eat up any profits. Not saying your in the wrong here at all, but that would be with you providing indisputable evidence as well. And it's been a year.

2. You've advertised on here that you have played this cab for more than a year, and have now uninstalled and rewired your cab. Just playing the devils advocate but who's to say you didn't exceed maximum wattage, or do something out of his control to damage the speakers while in your possession. Look at it from a outsiders perspective he's still a dick but be careful with what you put on the internet.

Looking at this again, I would be surprised if you got anything out of the deal. Your best bet is to sell it on craigslist, and use the money to buy what you really want if your unhappy, or sell the speakers and buy V30s yourself. It looks cool but aesthetics aren't everything.

No point focusing on the negatives, your time and energy is best spent on positive things.

9. Albionic

Albionic First of the magi

Can i ask what power amp you are using? also what did you have before this?

have you edited your patches having got the new speaker? i'm sure you should be able to dial out the harshness. The speakers you have from what i've heard should be the oppsite of harsh. my admittedly limeted experience with line 6 stuff is that there is often a harshness in the upped mids that can be eq'd out

10. Thanatopsis

Thanatopsis SS.org Regular

Dude, what happened to you is unacceptable. Even though it's been a little while, I would contact them. That sort of dishonesty from a company shouldn't be tolerated. I would even take them to court if it came down to it, it's fraudulent.

11. Hollowway

Hollowway Extended Ranger

Small claims court has virtually no fees (since no lawyers) and the courts tend to favor consumers in situations like this. It's pretty easy to file a claim, and would be super easy to serve him.

To me, in seems clear that he used cheaper speakers than you asked for. If he didn't do that on purpose you'd think he'd be all over fixing this so you wouldn't tell others.

Definitely don't go horsing around with reinstalling them, though. Keep them out and give them to him and get the V30s you ordered. Or court for a full refund.

12. wakjob

wakjob SS.org Regular

Out of curiosity... have you tried any other amp(s) with the cab?
    Something other than the POD for a preamp?

13. vansinn

vansinn SS.org Regular

Firstly, I'd replace those thin wires with fatter ones that can actually carry the current.
    And solder them; spade clips just doesn't provide nearly as good contact as soldered joints..

14. MaxSwagger

MaxSwagger SS.org Regular

The word "court" itself should be defined as "a serious pain in the ass" in the dictionary. From what I've experienced through my family's small business that I work at, even small claims court is going to cost you. I don't know if that varies depending on where you live or not but every time we've had to take a customer to small claims court, both sides had court costs. Now, your situation is kind of a cluster fvck and I have no idea how it would be handled. Like others mentioned, the big thing here is: do you have a detailed receipt with the speaker info and warranty info (specifically stating something about speaker removal). I personally think, and although it sucks balls, that removing the speakers may have screwed the whole deal. That being said, I think you still have cab that you could easily sell or trade for something with V30's. I hope it all works out for you and thanks for the thread so others can stray away from them. Damn shame, really, I like supporting smaller companies because usually you can find honest, quality products, and service for a great price. I've only really owned Basson and Vader cabs and (when they were in business) were very easy to work with if I ever had questions.

15. jmack

jmack Member

On November 3rd is when he emailed me back saying he would switch them out. I've sent 3 emails sense, and haven't gotten any replies back. He also rejected my phone calls as well.

No I didn't tell him i removed the speakers. I was trying to show up there unexpectedly so I could get the switched out. The cab isn't to safe fitting in my car, so I had to get it shipped when I first bought it.

And why should I buy v30s again when I already paid for them?

16. jmack

jmack Member

your probably right, and I thought about that. but I don't want people to go though the crap this company gave me.

17. jmack

jmack Member

I used a matrix GT1000x. And yeah I've tried a lot of different amp heads and eq with the cab.