After the Burial guitarist quits Update: 7/22/15 RIP Justin Lowe

Discussion in 'General Music Discussion' started by MetalheadMC, Jun 24, 2015.

1. neurosis

neurosis SS.org Regular

:ugh:Oh man. Sorry to hear. I really wanted this to be a friend pranks you trolling your Facebook kind of thing.

Hope he can get proper attention and support. I have had relatives and friends deal with mental issues and it chokes you up seeing that contrast between the person knowing something is off with them but not quiet seeing through it.

Hope he can get it under control. Much strength to him.

2. Darknut

Darknut SS.org Regular

Prolly got gaslighted by people with nothing better to do.

3. Ralyks

Ralyks The One Who Knocks Contributor

Did he just Tarantino himself out?

Seriously though, never really listened to ATB, but hope the dude gets help.

4. Rylynn

Rylynn Well-Known Member

Can't believe it took 2 pages until someone said he's a schizophrenic.. This is a classic/common symptom of schizophrenia.

5. feraledge

feraledge Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?

I didn't plan on reading the whole thing, but I couldn't stop.

9 strings apparently are too many.

I do just want to acknowledge, that if there was a speck of truth to this paranoid "conspiracy" that the perfect title for his story would be After the Burial. But yeah, this dude clearly needs some help and seemingly has for some time.

6. aesthyrian

aesthyrian SS.org Regular

I think it's best that those who are not qualified professionals, abstain from making such diagnosis. All it takes one person to say it, and then it's repeated over and over like it was actually more than an assumption/educated guess. I'm already reading everywhere that Justin is schizophrenic, and as far as I know, this has not been decided by a medical professional, just a bunch of forum nerds like ourselves.

There are bits in his tangent that show a glimpse of what is/was on his mind. His friend's suicide, combined with the stress of recording, producing, and mixing the album with what he felt was little help or support, could easily lead to a breakdown of sorts. No time to deal with the real things when you are so wrapped up in creating an album and touring.

7. Lorcan Ward

Lorcan Ward 7slinger

I met up after a gig before and bought him a few drinks. He was an odd guy. I put it down to tiredness from being on tour but what he posted is insane.

Hopefully he gets the help he needs because he writes some killer riffs. It would be a shame for him to quit music.

8. John_Strychnine

John_Strychnine I Was Once Groove.

Toured with Justin 4-5 times now for stints of 3-6 weeks each, one of the best dudes to tour with ever. I never once got the vibe of a schizophrenic. In-fact the opposite, he seemed to be EXTREMELY well grounded for someone that's spent the last 8-10 years touring in the back of a 15 seater ford van (that .... can drive any man to insanity after 1 month)

I honestly hope this is a publicity stunt.

9. steinmetzify

steinmetzify CHUG & SLUDGE

Man. That was pretty painful to read......I know people like this, and this .... is scary to be around.

I hope for his sake and the sake of the people around him that he gets some help.

10. Arsenal12

Arsenal12 nub

Just to throw a counterpoint out there.. maybe, just maybe he's really figured out some ....ed up stuff. There has to be SOME shred (sic) of truth in there somewhere.

11. MJS

MJS .

Some of it had me thinking that maybe he went all Ian Watkins on some kids and it was about to come out, so we were getting a preview of an insanity plea.

Some of it had me thinking that maybe he killed someone and it was about to come out, so we were getting a preview of an insanity plea.

But all I really know about him after reading that entire mess is:

1. He hates paragraphs.
    2. He keeps a jizz soaked shirt under his bed.
    3. He believes someone gave him a laxative because they wanted to find out if he'd take a really loud dump in a hospital, or try to cover up the sound.

:lol:

Whatever he ends up doing when he completely snaps, I'll go ahead and guess now that it will come out later that he was on some sort of perfectly legal prescription drug that's marketed as something that will make you better, with making you much worse listed as a possible side effect. :spock:

In any case, hopefully he'll only continue to humiliate himself and not step it up a notch and go on a shooting spree, leaving behind a trail of dead friends and relatives that he thought were conspirators. :nuts:

If it was just a publicity stunt, hope he keeps the next one under 500 words and use paragraphs.

12. habicore_5150

habicore_5150 El Psy Congroove

If this is true and not just another dumb move by Sumerian (which I keep hearing about), I can only wish the man the very best and that he gets the help he needs ASAP

Got a chance to meet the guy when they played in Cookeville, TN back in 2013 with Norma Jean. Gotta say he was one of the nicest guys I've ever talked with

13. JoshuaKaroshi

JoshuaKaroshi Karoshi

Super nice guy. Crossing my fingers that all is well. No respect lost on my end. Waiting for an official ATB statement.

14. Taylor

Taylor Formerly... someone

From ATB's FB:

15. goherpsNderp

goherpsNderp no refutin' rasputen

good on them, but i take issue with them including this part:

then they go on to tell us not to speculate. if he's had some sort of mental break there's no way of knowing if he was hiding these things or not. and even if he WAS, if he's dealing with mental illness then there's your explanation right there. edit: basically, if someone's dealing with mental illness that seems to involve paranoia, then no, they won't be out in the open with these kinds of concerns. i won't go as far as to say they are victim-blaming, but it does sound like they are placing some of the fault of the break itself on him, which i think is wrong.

they should have posted the statement with my quoted part removed. either way, i'm glad they are taking this seriously and are doing everything to help him.

16. Action

Action SS.org Regular

^ Seems like the request is specifically not to post opinions, speculations or general gossip on and around their facebook. I dont see that statement as containing any blame; just wishing that they knew.

17. darren

darren Forum MVP

The band's statement was spot on, and i hope he's safe and getting the help he needs.

18. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man

To anybody who is choosing to make fun of or have a laugh at this, please read more about mental health/neurology and try to have a heart. This guy is suffering.

19. BIG ND SWEATY

BIG ND SWEATY Edgy

This is ....ing tragic, I seriously hope he can get his mental issues sorted out and return back to as normal as he can get.
    I'd be pretty upset if AtB decides to call it quits but with this going on with one of the main songwriters I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

20. Adam Of Angels

Adam Of Angels The GAS Man

The fact that he is suddenly showing heavy symptoms, and was previously only somewhat odd, tells me that there is hope of him getting through this and coming out relatively healthy. Naturally, I'm not a doctor. I hope the best for him and his friends/family.